X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
    If Maine could quit this Jekyll and Hyde act and find some consistency this season could go very well.
    Maine has been consistent, if you ask me... They don't score, but the 'tending has been All-World nearly every time out.

That's going to be a difficult formula to maintain over a long season, but so far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      I guess. .968 S% tonight. This guy has been nothing short of amazing.

I've seen every Maine goalie since Day One- and Maine has had a bunch of great ones- but I don't remember anybody having a start like this one.
      If you adjust for the quality of the team its really not close. I mean Jimmy Howard went 944 for an entire season or whatever it was but that was with a half dozen All Americans in front of him

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
        If you adjust for the quality of the team its really not close. I mean Jimmy Howard went 944 for an entire season or whatever it was but that was with a half dozen All Americans in front of him
        The quality of the teams when Jimmy played was better also. Either way Swayman has been fantastic, the rest of the team is up and down. Good win though, another tonight and it would be the best weekend of Maine Hockey in long time. It will get fans in the seats
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          The quality of the teams when Jimmy played was better also. Either way Swayman has been fantastic, the rest of the team is up and down. Good win though, another tonight and it would be the best weekend of Maine Hockey in long time. It will get fans in the seats
          Swayman has been fantastic save that first game. Tough for me to consider a better goaltender year than Howard in 03/04. The 3 OT hockey east championship is a vivid memory where Howard was unreal. Could not ask much more out of Howard that season. Also, Doyle was a good goalie as well. But Howard was much better if you review the stats. Too bad that team couldn’t have scored in the final. Hopefully Swayman continues and we have this argument next April.

Comment

And of course Maine only has two games at the Alfond after tonight between now and the final day of January. I don’t want to spoil a wonderful night with complaining but it is disappointing.

I was fortunate enough to go last night and it was like stepping back in time. It’s the most full I’ve seen the Alfond in quite a while and honestly Maine looked like a team from 15 or 20 years ago. Swayman was okay, but honestly he let in an absolute howler and didn’t seem like he made that many tough saves. A UNH fan on their thread said it didn’t seem like he he had to make any.

This is a random question and I can’t believe I’m asking it: is hockey east’s overall weaknesss going to kill any chance Maine has of making the NCAA tourney? It’s shocking how low all the teams are right now.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              And of course Maine only has two games at the Alfond after tonight between now and the final day of January. I don’t want to spoil a wonderful night with complaining but it is disappointing.

I was fortunate enough to go last night and it was like stepping back in time. It’s the most full I’ve seen the Alfond in quite a while and honestly Maine looked like a team from 15 or 20 years ago. Swayman was okay, but honestly he let in an absolute howler and didn’t seem like he made that many tough saves. A UNH fan on their thread said it didn’t seem like he he had to make any.

This is a random question and I can’t believe I’m asking it: is hockey east’s overall weaknesss going to kill any chance Maine has of making the NCAA tourney? It’s shocking how low all the teams are right now.
              That goal was weak by swayman, if he was a few inches to his right it could have been a shutout.

In my opinion it's too early to judge HE, there are 5 in the top 20 poll anyway, for what's that worth right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                That goal was weak by swayman, if he was a few inches to his right it could have been a shutout.

In my opinion it's too early to judge HE, there are 5 in the top 20 poll anyway, for what's that worth right now.
                Unfortunately I don’t think the polls help with pairwise.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Football team stunk up the first half

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Football team stunk up the first half

Just struggled again to start third. Wow this was unexpected. Evidently URI has worst rated defense in the CAA. Hard to believe Fagnano would struggle with them.

Comment

Maine just gave up a td in 3 plays

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                        Just struggled again to start third. Wow this was unexpected. Evidently URI has worst rated defense in the CAA. Hard to believe Fagnano would struggle with them.
                        Id guess cold.

Comment

No 2 for maine should have been kicked out for taking a swing at uri player

Comment

The defense is just plain awful today

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              The quality of the teams when Jimmy played was better also.
                              Yeah, this season's version of Hockey East is the weakest I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Swayman has been fantastic save that first game. Tough for me to consider a better goaltender year than Howard in 03/04. The 3 OT hockey east championship is a vivid memory where Howard was unreal. Could not ask much more out of Howard that season. Also, Doyle was a good goalie as well. But Howard was much better if you review the stats. Too bad that team couldn’t have scored in the final. Hopefully Swayman continues and we have this argument next April.
                                Frank Doyle was terrific, IMO. He just had the misfortune of playing behind Jimmy.

Comment

Working...
                                X