This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Attendance Friday was 4787 and Saturday was 5012. The university Facebook page put out a thank you to the "10,000 fans" who attended this weekend, but quick math tells me that number is inaccurate. Or they were counting police, ushers, the guy selling baked potatoes...
    Are there tickets in the boxes? Because it looked packed but a couple boxes looked relatively empty. But for the ones packed great on you. It used to be they didn’t count boxes for attendance. I believe.

Comment

• OK so let’s talk about the next time Thiessen gets a shot in goal. Swayman is the backbone of this team but he’ll be a better backbone if he gets a break once every dozen games or so. The next reasonable choice I see is 12/29 vs AIC. Or possibly one of the games vs St. Lawrence? I’m not sure. The kid needs to get a game in some time. But Sway gives them a better chance of winning every game he plays. The other choice of course is if Maine is up by several goals and he comes in for the 3rd or something.
      Look, I know he was awful the one game he got a shot. I would not have chosen that game to put my #2 goalie in to get some work. But it begs the question if now what?

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        OK so let’s talk about the next time Thiessen gets a shot in goal. Swayman is the backbone of this team but he’ll be a better backbone if he gets a break once every dozen games or so. The next reasonable choice I see is 12/29 vs AIC. Or possibly one of the games vs St. Lawrence? I’m not sure. The kid needs to get a game in some time. But Sway gives them a better chance of winning every game he plays. The other choice of course is if Maine is up by several goals and he comes in for the 3rd or something.
        Look, I know he was awful the one game he got a shot. I would not have chosen that game to put my #2 goalie in to get some work. But it begs the question if now what?
        My thoughts... there is a reason a young talent comes to college hockey vs. major junior. Major junior goes 82 games like the pros. Swayman isn’t being overworked. But at the same time the young and up and coming Thiessen needs work. I don’t have a problem with Thiessen getting work. But I question why Red and Alfie decided early against a ranked opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackI View Post
          My thoughts... there is a reason a young talent comes to college hockey vs. major junior. Major junior goes 82 games like the pros. Swayman isn’t being overworked. But at the same time the young and up and coming Thiessen needs work. I don’t have a problem with Thiessen getting work. But I question why Red and Alfie decided early against a ranked opponent.
          Also, while I am on my soapbox. That northeastern has been a hell of a thorn in our side. They never bring a crowd. They have an even smaller rink for our new built defense. With clogging and discipline we can get two wins.

Comment

Also, while I am on my soapbox. That northeastern has been a hell of a thorn in our side. They never bring a crowd. They have an even smaller rink for our new built defense. With clogging and discipline we can get two wins.
            In case people didn’t see we trapped bottom two lines against UHN, tssk tssk, because we clogged their counters.

Comment

I keep asking myself what is the difference this year, why.
              New volunteer coach?

Comment

What is full attendance now. I think before redo of sky box area it was 5612. But I don’t know what it is now. Tippy can probably tell us. I thought crowd was great. The band adds so much energy. Also, love the sign at beginning that said we got two how about you. Now if the students could have put UHN in there... and if they had a water bottle goddess... it would have been just like old times.
                I say full, it wasn't full but close.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                  I keep asking myself what is the difference this year, why.
                  New volunteer coach?
                  There is a new volunteer assistant this year, Scott Hillman. Longtime ECHL head coach. I have also wondered at times if he is to do with the sudden breakout the team seems to be experiencing.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

[QUOTE=DoubleA;6867339] Swayman is the backbone of this team

Swayman IS this team, in terms of the W/L record.

The forwards are composed of the typical Red ham-handed recruits.

It'll be interesting to see how it works out in the end, but I expect the same-old, come Spring.
                    Last edited by Fishman'81; 11-18-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fishman'81;6867400]
                      Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      Swayman is the backbone of this team

Say again

Comment

• [QUOTE=Fishman'81;6867400]
                        Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Swayman is the backbone of this team

You make a living denigrating us.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BlackI;6867414]
                          Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

You make a living denigrating us.
                          Not double a. But fishman.

Comment

• [QUOTE=BlackI;6867416]
                            Originally posted by BlackI View Post

Not double a. But fishman.
                            He will fight to tell how terrible Maine is. He loves negativity. So then f u. When we do well. What is your problem?

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

if NU doesn't make too much noise in HE this season (odds are against us this time), I will be cheering you guys all the way. Great fans & resilient team after slow start.
                              I doubt you're going to see the 5K per night type crowds @ Matthews this wknd, (we sometimes get close to 4200-4300 but is rare depending the wknd/ opponent)... regardless; hopefully we'll see 2 good games.

On the fans/ home crowds, well done! With declining coll hockey attendance many places, great to hear the "Old Girl" averaged 4.5 - 5K fans per night each night this past wknd.
                              Well done!
                              GO NU HOCKEY
                              Always bullish on the future.
                              We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                                There is a new volunteer assistant this year, Scott Hillman. Longtime ECHL head coach. I have also wondered at times if he is to do with the sudden breakout the team seems to be experiencing.
                                I'm wondering too, I thought I read once he was going to work with D or special teams. Maybe I dreamt it.
                                I also think once in a while, we all sling mud at Red, but never the assistants. This is aweful to say but just thinking what if changes were made there. Not saying I'm a Red fan but....

Comment

Working...
                                X