X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by rw1733 View Post
    Two games a week. He can play every game if needed. Maine is not good enough to be able to give away potential wins.
    Absolutely.

Many many teams play just the one goalie every weekend.

Swayman is the single elite player on Maine. You have to ride your best horse until he can't run anymore.

What in the world is Red "thinking"?

Comment

I thought at first that Swayman may have been injured when Thiessen gets the start. This is crazy!!!

Comment

Why do we even wonder anymore...Gendron takes this lost tonight.

Comment

Maine loses it 4-3. Honestly I thought it was a good weekend, if they play like that for the rest of the season I would be more than happy with that result. Still baffled that they threw Theissen to the wolves like that, would have expected his chance to have come last weekend against a poor opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Absolutely.

Many many teams play just the one goalie every weekend.

Swayman is the single elite player on Maine. You have to ride your best horse until he can't run anymore.

What in the world is Red "thinking"?
            Right on

Comment

I guess Gendron forgot...they are keeping score tonight. Play to win...don't play hunches.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                Maine loses it 4-3. Honestly I thought it was a good weekend, if they play like that for the rest of the season I would be more than happy with that result. Still baffled that they threw Theissen to the wolves like that, would have expected his chance to have come last weekend against a poor opponent.
                If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. It’s much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                  If they did that they easily could have lost Saturday night. It’s much better to lose a game you should lose than lose a game you should win. Not quite sure why so many people are confused on that point.
                  In Swayman they had a player that has had QU's number...he gives them a better chance at winning...especially coming away with a win last night, all the pressure was on QU to win tonight...and having Swayman in net to start would have made that task harder....play to win...not say oh well we won last night...we can lose tonight and who cares...we are suppose to lose...nope this is on Gendron, and he better say so....no excuses/hunches etc.

Comment

I think that of the three goals Theissen allowed, one was definitely his fault, one was not his fault, and one was sort of his fault, in that order. He did look a little shaken out there, I wonder how much advance notice he got he was starting.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                      I think that of the three goals Theissen allowed, one was definitely his fault, one was not his fault, and one was sort of his fault, in that order. He did look a little shaken out there, I wonder how much advance notice he got he was starting.
                      Needless to say not faulting the Freshman...no way...but he was put in a situation that Swayman would have been better at(imo).

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Swayman should have started both games this week as well as last week. Maine can't afford to lose games.

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-3 win over Maine

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_19.html
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post

Even Q fans think Swayman should have started and that the result probably would have been different

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              Even Q fans think Swayman should have started and that the result probably would have been different

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              Really said it like it should be said...why? and what? was he thinking. He'll excuse it over and over. Hopefully he is pressed on it over and over.....

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post

Thanks for posting these recaps.

Comment

Working...
                                X