This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Be nice to get 3 of the upcoming 7 on the road and get to 10 wins before the break.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
      Girls hockey won in OT Friday. Now they play UConn on the road today at 2 pm. With a win they go to 6-4-2 and 4th in hockey east standings. The game can be watched for free. Good way to pass time before the Patriots game comes on at 4:30 pm. If lady blackbears and patriots win today I would not have anything to ***** about.
      Maine Women's Hockey play at Home today @ 2pm, not on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
        Maine Women's Hockey play at Home today @ 2pm, not on the road.
        Even better!

Comment

Even better!
          yes

Comment

• Maine has a 50/50 chance of being ranked this week IMHO. #’s 20-19-18 all split this weekend. If not ranked, they should be #21. It would be a good mental boost to the guys and build on the momentum of playing well since after opening weekend. Obviously two at Northeastern this coming weekend will test the mettle.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
              Maine has a 50/50 chance of being ranked this week IMHO. #’s 20-19-18 all split this weekend. If not ranked, they should be #21. It would be a good mental boost to the guys and build on the momentum of playing well since after opening weekend. Obviously two at Northeastern this coming weekend will test the mettle.
              I agree with you. I think there's a chance they end up ranked, but my gut tells me they will end up just short at #21 a few points off from getting in.

Comment

Anyone know if BHall is okay? He hasn’t been on here for a couple months and hasn’t updated his spreadsheet in almost a month. Hopefully he has just been busy with other stuff and nothing is wrong.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekend’s games? Not the published attendance but the actual.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    I agree with you. I think there's a chance they end up ranked, but my gut tells me they will end up just short at #21 a few points off from getting in.
                    There it is...#21. 83 votes.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                      Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekend’s games? Not the published attendance but the actual.
                      Friday 4700 plus and Saturday just over 5000. I would think those totals were very close...imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                        Kirby, how was the attendance at this weekend’s games? Not the published attendance but the actual.
                        It was strong. The student section was completely full both nights, I wasn't able to sit up there on Saturday since I was running late and they had run out of tickets for the balcony. There were a handful of open seats, mostly in the expensive seats close to the glass, but otherwise it was pretty full. Dohrety's tying goal on Saturday was the loudest I've heard Alfond in my time as a student. Im personally a pretty bad judge of how many people are in an area just by looking, but I would guess it was pretty close to the reported totals.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          It was strong. The student section was completely full both nights, I wasn't able to sit up there on Saturday since I was running late and they had run out of tickets for the balcony. There were a handful of open seats, mostly in the expensive seats close to the glass, but otherwise it was pretty full. Dohrety's tying goal on Saturday was the loudest I've heard Alfond in my time as a student. Im personally a pretty bad judge of how many people are in an area just by looking, but I would guess it was pretty close to the reported totals.
                          Saturday was full. I was up high in NN and only a few seats around us were open.
                          The place was shaking after those two goals, been a few years to have heard such response. For 58 minutes it was painful to watch.
                          I was impressed the student section stayed full. Usually they bale out second period.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                            Saturday was full. I was up high in NN and only a few seats around us were open.
                            The place was shaking after those two goals, been a few years to have heard such response. For 58 minutes it was painful to watch.
                            I was impressed the student section stayed full. Usually they bale out second period.
                            What is full attendance now. I think before redo of sky box area it was 5612. But I don’t know what it is now. Tippy can probably tell us. I thought crowd was great. The band adds so much energy. Also, love the sign at beginning that said we got two how about you. Now if the students could have put UHN in there... and if they had a water bottle goddess... it would have been just like old times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              Anyone know if BHall is okay? He hasn’t been on here for a couple months and hasn’t updated his spreadsheet in almost a month. Hopefully he has just been busy with other stuff and nothing is wrong.
                              Don’t know if he is ok. But he has been out for stretches in the past. He sights busy schedule and work travel. So have to be patient. He has great insights though.

Comment

What is full attendance now. I think before redo of sky box area it was 5612. But I don’t know what it is now. Tippy can probably tell us. I thought crowd was great. The band adds so much energy. Also, love the sign at beginning that said we got two how about you. Now if the students could have put UHN in there... and if they had a water bottle goddess... it would have been just like old times.

Attendance Friday was 4787 and Saturday was 5012. The university Facebook page put out a thank you to the "10,000 fans" who attended this weekend, but quick math tells me that number is inaccurate. Or they were counting police, ushers, the guy selling baked potatoes...

Comment

Working...
                                X