X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
    The defense is just plain awful today
    Tie game. This would be good time for defense to show up.

Comment

• We shall see how Fagnano does in two minute drill. At least they only need field goal to tie.

Comment

• Wally, we need that defense again. Maine now up four with first lead of game with 34 seconds left.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

wow. maine wins

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Some comeback. There's still a glimmer of hope for the NCAA's.

Comment

wow. maine wins

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Wahoooo

Comment

• This was just a perfectly placed ball.
                https://***********/BlackBearsFB/status/1195797280650956801?s=20

Comment

Cool end of the game besides the win. No 2 catches the first pass for 40 plus yds and then the guy who obviously said something to make no 2 snap and throw a punch is covering 81 on the winning TD catch, then 81 runs across end zone to taunt that guy who is asking for a penalty from official. Too funny.

need a big game tonight from Swayman and the boys. Game is on NESN plus or whatever its called.
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

need a big game tonight from Swayman and the boys. Game is on NESN plus or whatever its called.
                    Not a great start. UNH carrying the play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                      Frank Doyle was terrific, IMO. He just had the misfortune of playing behind Jimmy.
                      Maybe it's because he only was at Maine for two seasons but Doyle was constantly overlooked.

If I recall correctly he's second behind Howard in both career GAA/SV% and won something like 75% of his starts, which is really impressive. Just a very solid steady presence in his time in Orono.

Comment

• Maine played better the last half of the first. Teams evened out the play.

I wonder why Shields and Mahoney aren’t the broadcast crew. The Lafluer and ? Crew seems amateurish.

Comment

I really think Maine is better and has been playing better, but theyve had so many shots blocked or wide

Comment

Originally posted by tylerzx2002 View Post
                            Maybe it's because he only was at Maine for two seasons but Doyle was constantly overlooked.

If I recall correctly he's second behind Howard in both career GAA/SV% and won something like 75% of his starts, which is really impressive. Just a very solid steady presence in his time in Orono.
                            He saved the bacon in Albany at a Regional years ago, when Jimmy was pulled after the 2nd, trailing Harvard 4-1 (IIRC). Stood on his head in the 3rd, while Maine came back to win. Perhaps my favorite Maine memory ever.

(Tonight's game, on the other hand, is only somewhat less fun to experience than a root canal at this point... Boy oh boy, Maine's offense is putrid tonight.)

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                              I really think Maine is better and has been playing better, but theyve had so many shots blocked or wide
                              UNH goalie is playing well. Maine might need to get dirty goals in tight in front traffic. Maybe a tie up goal can ignite them. They’ve looked pretty lethargic offensively for the most part.

Comment

• Two teams with top heavy, inconsistent offenses and great goaltenders playing at a high level - this low scoring series is exactly what I expected coming in...

Robinson has been great (especially recently) for UNH - though lacking the pedigree of Swayman, he was also a high draft pick and has always had real potential...

If the series ends with both teams averaging less than 2/GM for the weekend I won’t be surprised at all. Though I understand why it may not be all that enjoyable or encouraging to watch for either side.

Having said that the third will probably turn into a shootout now...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X