X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Yeah, but Union sucks this season so...oh, you meant...
    Ya again you know what I was saying...must be nice to be always a smart***. But then this has been in the making by the NCAA for what 22 years...?? So I should be dead and buried once it is so….

Comment

BU @ Maine this weekend! Who is feeling the excitement? Remember when this was a battle of top 5 titans and a fight for Hockey East supremacy?

Yeah...

Comment

BU @ Maine this weekend! Who is feeling the excitement? Remember when this was a battle of top 5 titans and a fight for Hockey East supremacy?

Yeah...
        Hopefully they crack over 3500 per night, can bet there will be many BU fans, maybe a few Friday...but a good bunch come Saturday.

Comment

I do, as I mentioned in a recent post.
          3-10-1991
          2-19-1993
          4-1-1995

Sean
          Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-30-2019, 12:54 PM.
          Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
          Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
          BU Hockey highlights and extras
          NCAA Hockey Financials
          Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
          I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Yeah...
            I got tickets, actually looking forward to seeing reds 2019 group skate. First opportunity this year. We shall see, have no expectations, its just another HE game.
            Plenty of open seats, local tv game friday.

Comment

big weekend for everybody-- Jeremy is playing all-world right now, and there has been a diminishing of the stupid penalties. I see a W this weekend as being utterly critical, and I feel the same next week. 2-1-1 would be wonderful, but I will take a split. The football team's defense is in utter disarray, the loss of our best player has hurt worse than I would have imagined 6 weeks ago. Stevens was apparently the heart and soul of the team, and our defense reeks without him. Still, Albany is not that great, Elon has kind of fallen apart, New Hampshire is in the still receiving votes category, but beatable and RI ain't all that. However 3/4 on the road. I could see 4-8, I could see 6-5. Happy with the young QB, though. Feel bad for Ferguson, just bit by the injury bug the last couple of seasons.

The hockey team is better than I would have thought. 12-0 in an opening weekend? Now to winning road games? So, we cannot be terrible, and hopefully, Red will have learned from his Thiessen mistake. I get the general idea, but wow, it backfired. Probably hurt the young netminder, and didn't do Jeremy any good since he had to play most of the game, anyway. All right, I will let it go.

Happily surprised so far.
              Last edited by maineblackbear; 10-30-2019, 04:09 PM. Reason: sp.

Comment

They got outshot like 78-10 against Providence so they can definitely still be terrible.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the games since but that showing left a mark.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                  They got outshot like 78-10 against Providence so they can definitely still be terrible.

I’m pleasantly surprised by the games since but that showing left a mark.
                  More or less they are winning so it has risen the spirits, still wanted that second game @ QU. But like you say...season young and we all have been down here before, where they put a winning streak together and then the bottom falls out.

Comment

Sorry if this has been posted, interview with Swayman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS22W-DhbEY

Comment

Both USCHO writers predict a BU sweep this weekend.

Comment

Lots of power outages in area including some of the U. They closed it today. Anyone heard if alfond is good to go for Tonite?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
                          Lots of power outages in area including some of the U. They closed it today. Anyone heard if alfond is good to go for Tonite?
                          As of 3 hours ago the lights were on Alfond.

Comment

As of 3 hours ago the lights were on Alfond.
                            Good. Pat's is on generator.

Comment

Both USCHO writers predict a BU sweep this weekend.
                              Don’t see it. BU’s down two top 6 forwards and a top pair D.
                              It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                                Don’t see it. BU’s down two top 6 forwards and a top pair D.
                                Look, quit your complaining, at least BU has actual "top-6" forwards!

Truly, I could actually see anything happening this weekend, based on the empirical evidence that's currently available.

If Swayman continues to play as well as he has of late, Maine could garner 3-4 points... But, I'll play it safe and predict 2. (Or maybe 1.)

Comment

Working...
                                X