X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
    I'm not on the Kool-Aid yet, either, and I've seen them twice.

This team has an average Red offense, which ain't good.

Call me "negative", but I'm seeing a typical Red team that Swayman has carried on his back.

(So far.)
    Swayman is the key, now and as the season goes on if Maine looks to have a winning season...another key is Maine playing a deep fore-check and clogging center ice to make it harder to get into the offensive end...cutting down shots on Swayman. I think he will still see 30 to 35 each night...but some goaltenders are better when in the action. Either way the team is playing with more of a hungry attitude, which is a good thing...tough upcoming series at Lowell.

Comment

Isnt the goalie always the key?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Isnt the goalie always the key?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        YES...my meaning is he makes the team better if they have the confidence...

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
          The last time Maine was ranked in the USCHO poll was the week of 11 January, 2018. The team celebrated the occasion by tying Brown that night and getting swept by Northeastern the next weekend. Will this be the day they return to the poll?

Maine is 10th in the USCHO pairwise and 12th at CHN. Maine would play either Pedo State in Allentown (CHN) or RIT in Albany (USCHO). Albany sounds good...Maine has good history there...
          My prediction is they aren't ranked yet this week, but get a substantial number of votes and land near the top of the "Others Recieving Votes" category. Another strong showing against Mass-Lowell on the road next week gets them ranked.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            I'm not on the Kool-Aid yet, either, and I've seen them twice.

This team has an average Red offense, which ain't good.

Call me "negative", but I'm seeing a typical Red team that Swayman has carried on his back.

(So far.)
            How many years has Maine operated at 20% on the power play in recent times? Have you forgotten all the times Maine was shut out at home last year? It’s a combination of things and that is taking nothing away from Swayman.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine earned 43 points in this week's poll, placing them effectively "23rd" in the nation.

Comment

The last time Maine was ranked in the USCHO poll was the week of 11 January, 2018. The team celebrated the occasion by tying Brown that night and getting swept by Northeastern the next weekend. Will this be the day they return to the poll?

Maine is 10th in the USCHO pairwise and 12th at CHN. Maine would play either Pedo State in Allentown (CHN) or RIT in Albany (USCHO). Albany sounds good...Maine has good history there...
                I’m a little behind the times here so forgive the dumb question but why are the PWRs different at the two sites? I thought it was a known formula that should be the same everywhere?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Also, Ben Poisson was named Hockey East's Rookie of the Week.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                    I’m a little behind the times here so forgive the dumb question but why are the PWRs different at the two sites? I thought it was a known formula that should be the same everywhere?
                    It should be universal. Probably one or both sites is making a miscalculation or has a bad integer somewhere in the formula. Enough mathematicians are involved that it will all be sorted by the time Pairwise matters.

Comment

USCHO's is correct. CHN's is off because they implement KRACH for a majority of the year, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Why are they having tv timeouts when the game isn’t on tv? Just one more thing to discourage people from going.
                        Teams have always been allowed to take those time outs, most now take them because of the CBS deal that was put in place. It also gives them a chance to do a quick scrape of the ice. I don't mind it at Lowell because it's a quick bathroom break or drink run time.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                          Also, Ben Poisson was named Hockey East's Rookie of the Week.
                          He and JSS seemed to have clicked
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

I never look at the coaches' poll, and it's far too early to put any stock in any PWR or KRACH calculation... Having said that, we're pretty excited to get to SLU.

Still not a buyer, but this year wouldn't be the first one in which a team has piggy-backed a great goalie to the NCAA's.

(And, yeah, Albany would be perfect. Maine has never lost a Regional game there.)

Comment

Once again, both USCHO Hockey East writers predict Maine to get swept.

Comment

Once again, both USCHO Hockey East writers predict Maine to get swept.
                                You'd think eventually they'd give us some credit for the good hockey we're playing. My money is on split, Maine probably wins tomorrow and Lowell on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X