This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

BU got the late equalizer with the goalie out, and it heads to OT tied 2-2.

Comment

A 2-2 tie ends it. Final shot count 37-25 for BU. A three point weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
        BU got the late equalizer with the goalie out, and it heads to OT tied 2-2.
        Not a bad outcome, three point weekend. Good penalty killing in OT.

Comment

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
          A 2-2 tie ends it. Final shot count 37-25 for BU. A three point weekend.
          Swayman continues to amaze. He's the lone difference between what we have now and a typical Red W/L.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
            Swayman continues to amaze. He's the lone difference between what we have now and a typical Red W/L.
            I disagree and think it’s more Maine’s special teams this year. I said at one point before the season that Maine was due to have a season where they out perform their talent and maybe this is that year. The only problem I see is that if one of a few players gets hurt they will be in a tough spot.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              I disagree and think it’s more Maine’s special teams this year. I said at one point before the season that Maine was due to have a season where they out perform their talent and maybe this is that year. The only problem I see is that if one of a few players gets hurt they will be in a tough spot.
              Is Shea hurt? I noticed on the highlights last night he appear to not hustle for a back check. Didn’t look like his typical play.
              Last edited by BlackI; 11-02-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                PP looks not great, PK has honesly impressed me. Its been a team effort, I'm more with Drew. Of course Swayman is the best player on the team and a big part of the success, but the team has been playing better this year, buy and large. Maybe they finally will outperform their talent level like you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Who did Mercier school in 92 93

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                  Mike Pomichter. Those two were supposed to be suspended for the rematch Feb 19 but Shawn and Jack both asked the conference to waive the extra penalty on both.

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                    PP looks not great, PK has honesly impressed me. Its been a team effort, I'm more with Drew. Of course Swayman is the best player on the team and a big part of the success, but the team has been playing better this year, buy and large. Maybe they finally will outperform their talent level like you said.
                    I went Friday and saw team first time. A few of the freshman looked good, they should develop nicely as the season goes on. Fossier looked a little stronger and more confident. Shea seemed to have gained another gear. As a team some sloppy passes and passes to no one but that should improve. Overall some solid hockey players.

Swayman looked like he got some coaching over summer. He kept himself in good position with patience.
                    Last edited by NorthMike; 11-03-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Credit Maine's penalty kill. BU came in with a very good PP percentage (forgot what it was), and was 0-12 on the weekend. The team appears to have a little more depth, but without Swayman they are probably below .500. I suspect he will leave after this season.

Comment

I look at the shots and I kind of shake my head. Modern hockey wisdom says you can’t get outshot 3-to-1 and give up 15+ shots every third period and have success.

So my question for you guys that have actually seen them, are they kind of keeping things outside and giving up lazy easy shots? Or is Swayman totally standing on his head?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                          I look at the shots and I kind of shake my head. Modern hockey wisdom says you can’t get outshot 3-to-1 and give up 15+ shots every third period and have success.

So my question for you guys that have actually seen them, are they kind of keeping things outside and giving up lazy easy shots? Or is Swayman totally standing on his head?
                          Its a combination...all of the above. Lunch Pail team attitude, they work hard and have a will to win....something I have not seen in a Gendron team since he began(imo).

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

I'd say its both. There's been a few, but not many, moments where I've said "wow, got lucky there, Swayman really bailed us out", but I think there have been a lot of lazy shots from the outside or off the wing under pressure right into the Maine script on his sweater.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post

I'm not on the Kool-Aid yet, either, and I've seen them twice.

This team has an average Red offense, which ain't good.

Call me "negative", but I'm seeing a typical Red team that Swayman has carried on his back.

(So far.)

Comment

The last time Maine was ranked in the USCHO poll was the week of 11 January, 2018. The team celebrated the occasion by tying Brown that night and getting swept by Northeastern the next weekend. Will this be the day they return to the poll?

Maine is 10th in the USCHO pairwise and 12th at CHN. Maine would play either Pedo State in Allentown (CHN) or RIT in Albany (USCHO). Albany sounds good...Maine has good history there...

Comment

Working...
                                X