This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I’ve got mixed feelings. I’ll start off by saying I’m incredibly disappointed in who Red chose to bring in up front. If Maine could trade Dawe, Holesinsky, and Drobot for Breen, Mayers, and Needham I’d be very excited about this year.

With all that being said, I think there are some things to feel good about. Maine should have it’s best goaltending since 2004. Red has done a good job finding dmen and I’m confident even though this year’s group is inexperienced they will be solid. Maine should be able to have a really good first line with Fossier and Tralmaks.

After that first line though I don’t feel great about getting a lot of scoring from the other three. Maine has a pretty easy schedule and assuming Maine throws away a few games and is underwhelming in others I still think they should finish somewhere around 14 wins and finish around fifth in Hockey East. It’d be great if this was the year Maine performed above expectations, but that isn’t what we’ve see during Red’s time. I foolishly bought tickets for opening night against Providence and am starting to get excited for the season against my better judgment.
    The thing that worries me is they only have 8 D on the entire roster, and two of them are VMT and Cam Spicer. That dosent leave a lot of room for error back there in case of injury or underperformance. The third pair might get dicy. I think the third line is a solid offering, and the 4th line I would imagine gets better by subtraction with Perez gone, unless the freshmen they put there end up being sub-Perez level somehow. And I think you're wrong about Dawe, if he can avoid the injury bug I think he's a good player. Didn't show up on the scoresheet much but he was making plays out there.

Comment

Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
      The thing that worries me is they only have 8 D on the entire roster, and two of them are VMT and Cam Spicer. That dosent leave a lot of room for error back there in case of injury or underperformance. The third pair might get dicy. I think the third line is a solid offering, and the 4th line I would imagine gets better by subtraction with Perez gone, unless the freshmen they put there end up being sub-Perez level somehow. And I think you're wrong about Dawe, if he can avoid the injury bug I think he's a good player. Didn't show up on the scoresheet much but he was making plays out there.
      Your right with DAWE...he's a gamer/hard nose and never quits a shift...he's the type of player you want...hopefully he can stay healthy...which last year he was in the wrong place a few times and got clocked...in a cheap shop manner...which is what makes it more madding. I'd take him on my team any time.

Comment

I realize Bruneski is listed as an F on Maine's roster, but per below it looks like he could play some D if necessary:

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05/...an-defenseman/

Comment

Don’t get me wrong I like him as a player, but we’ve seen this before and it usually doesn’t have a happy ending. I wish him nothing but the best and hope he can stay healthy this year.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I thinks its unfortunate that Dawe got hurt last year. I don't see him playing a full season after last season, too small. Hope I'm wrong on that as he plays hard. As long as Maine is seeing Red its going to be disappointing.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
              With all that being said, I think there are some things to feel good about. Maine should have it’s best goaltending since 2004.
              I’ll maybe buy 06-07, these guys won’t touch Bishop and Lundin.

They gotta win more than 12 games right? I mean woof. Hopefully 15-18?

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                I’ll maybe buy 06-07, these guys won’t touch Bishop and Lundin.

They gotta win more than 12 games right? I mean woof. Hopefully 15-18?
                I like Swayman...no he's not in the CLASS of the stud goaltenders Maine has had...but I like his game...he plays hard and for the team, he just see's too much shots per game...and the defense is poor and the discipline in the whole team in general puts him in tough situations...and hoping that Matthew Thiessen can take some of Swaymans game into his own...as I think(imo)that this will be Swaymans last season at Maine, thinking here the Bruins bring him over to start his career...most likely in the ECHL then up to the AHL and from there who knows...goaltenders take longer to develop and most NHL teams stress patience in young goaltenders...with that said Thiessen getting a few starts and getting practice time in and getting used to College Hockey and what might be his turn come his Sophomore season.

Comment

Georgia Southern 26 Maine 18

Comment

Wonder if the AD will go ham on the NCAA for this mess at Kent State for field hockey. Maine should be awarded a win.

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Wonder if the AD will go ham on the NCAA for this mess at Kent State for field hockey. Maine should be awarded a win.
                      That was BS, but the women weren't playing kent state, they played them today I believe. Hopefully they crushed them. Talk about treating women like 2nd class citizens. Kent State should be ashamed.
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        That was BS, but the women weren't playing kent state, they played them today I believe. Hopefully they crushed them. Talk about treating women like 2nd class citizens. Kent State should be ashamed.
                        Too bad, the ladies got beat today. 0 and 3 start unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          They were playing Temple...0-0 double overtime which when canceled was declared a EHIBITION...they played the following day(which Maine lost)...but to add to insult from the day before...the FH game was being played on a different field, NOT on the FB field. You can't make it up story....shame on KS big time.
                          Last edited by Ma#1ne Hky; 09-09-2019, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Ah. Well Temple doesnt deserve to lose either.

Why wasnt it simply a tie? They can’t have ties in that sport? I see about 1 tie per year in D3 baseball or softball on account of darkness in extra innings, whats the difference here? Tie seems like easy fix that wouldve drawn a bit less national ridicule to Kent State

3x FROZEN FOUR

Comment

Ah. Well Temple doesnt deserve to lose either.

Why wasnt it simply a tie? They can’t have ties in that sport? I see about 1 tie per year in D3 baseball or softball on account of darkness in extra innings, whats the difference here? Tie seems like easy fix that wouldve drawn a bit less national ridicule to Kent State
                              I haven't looked that result up yet, but I will say that FH ties are very commonplace in my experience. Wondering why that contest went sideways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                                They were playing Temple...0-0 double overtime which when canceled was declared a EHIBITION...they played the following day(which Maine lost)...but to add to insult from the day before...the FH game was being played on a different field, NOT on the FB field. You can't make it up story....shame on KS big time.
                                It depends on what was agreed on ahead of time. If Kent State was doing a favor to Maine and Temple I’m not sure why they should be criticized so much. They have to look out for their own interests first.
                                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Working...
                                X