This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AMC View Post
    Wait, he left Swayman in to face 60 shots and give up 7 goals??????
    Crazy, what is it one of those character building moments or some form of punishment. What a dope Red is.

Comment

• Re: Maine Black Bears 2019-20: Seeing Red

Originally posted by NorthMike View Post
      Got something to build on then.
      LOL! Plus, it wasn't a league game. Lot's of positives!

Comment

Hockey is only the 4th most important program on campus now.....sad but true. If we see no movement on Gendron or Alfond Arena after this season.......we will know that this program no longer matters to the UM Athletic Dept.

Comment

• video on Keeper... a kid from nowhere narrated by Tootoo

https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-originals/video/tsn-original-a-kid-from-nowhere~1793635

Comment

• Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
            LOL! Plus, it wasn't a league game. Lot's of positives!
            Sadly, it actually was a league game.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
              Eh I wouldnt go so far as to say took the money and ran.

He stinks but its not like he’s aware that he stinks and is trying to bilk Maine out of the big bucks. He really thought he was going to win a national title.

Whatever else I’ll say about his performance and qualifications, you’ll never hear me say he didn’t give an honest effort.
              How do you know what effort he's given? Still can't get them to quit taking penalties, still can't get a 60 minute effort out of them, just what the hell does he do?

Talks a good game. But the last couple seasons, its just all excuses and blaming. Never about him not getting the job done
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Well, back to watching football.

UNB 4-0 with 8 to go in 2nd period... game over already probably.

Comment

This is not good.

Comment

This start isn't shocking, we all knew their was no Defense coming back, we all knew the Offense was going to be sparse and it appears a decent goalie is going to be wasted by lack of recruiting help for him. Red is lost and can't find his way out of it. Too bad for the program and too bad for the fans. Another wasted year
                    Last edited by walrus; 10-06-2019, 05:08 PM.
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      This start isn't shocking, we all knew their was no Defense coming back, we all knew the Offense was going to be sparse and it appears a decent goalie is going to be wasted by lack of recruiting help for him. Red is lost and can't find his way out of it. Too bad for the program and too bad for the fans. Another wasted year
                      I don't think the team struggling out of the gate was necessarily unexpected, but the magnitude of it and how bad they've looked doing it has been kind of shocking to me.

Comment

Bright spot for me was Greenway. Effort for the team today was streaky, maybe good 50% of the time, hopefully that's the freshman coming up to speed..

Comment

Seven yesterday.
                          Only five today.
                          The defense is getting better!

Comment

• Originally posted by amkirby10 View Post
                            I don't think the team struggling out of the gate was necessarily unexpected, but the magnitude of it and how bad they've looked doing it has been kind of shocking to me.
                            This is true. Expected a 3-1 loss to PC and a 3-1 win over UNB. I am not sure there was anything that was good. Every aspect of Maine’s play looked lousy to me. And looked like the coach couldn’t care less. No timeouts, no emotion, no motivation, etc... just trust the process... you know take a steady stream of unnecessary penalties, play soft in front of your own goalie, pass up and out of your zone when ever you accidentally win a battle to a loose puck in the offensive zone, pass as much as possible and hesitate to shoot whenever there is a power play, etc...

Comment

The worst part for me is that next year looks significantly worse. Maybe a new coach can help, but Maine loses most of their best players after this season.

It’s hard to understand how we got here. I honestly felt Maine was headed in the right direction after the 16, 17, and 18 seasons. It was a little concerning last year Maine didn’t bring in some better forwards, but they didn’t lose much so they might not have had a lot of money.

With that being said, this year’s freshmen class just makes no sense. They’ve gotten so many good kids to commit too. Maybe someone knows the full story because it is completely baffling to me why they let the good kids decommit or defer them and bring in the not so talented ones. Maine is a good three or four years away from respectability.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                It's closing in on a wasted decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X