Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Originally posted by SheLovesCollegeHockey View Post
    Yes, there weren't many people there. But I was, and I took pictures again. I'm getting the hang of it. I got a picture of that crazy Wong - Drury connection in the third period. You'll have to scroll down -- the pass and the shot. All those power plays helped our cause. Wong had a nice game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janeeh...h/49635007433/
    Amazing!! Really liked the photo of the SLU goalie looking behind him with the puck top shelf. Classic.

Comment

Originally posted by SheLovesCollegeHockey View Post
      Yes, there weren't many people there. But I was, and I took pictures again. I'm getting the hang of it. I got a picture of that crazy Wong - Drury connection in the third period. You'll have to scroll down -- the pass and the shot. All those power plays helped our cause. Wong had a nice game.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/janeeh...h/49635007433/
      Great Pictures thank you!!

Comment

Where's the offseason thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          Where's the offseason thread?
          Look around.

It’s right here
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

If I was a senior on this team, I would probably end up getting kicked out of school with the nut I would throw.

Comment

If Dornbach wants to play for the Gophers this weekend he's welcome to. He went to HS with half the team.

Comment

It's official. Our season is over. The University just released a statement saying the team will not travel to RPI this weekend. Yale is also ending its season. Probably the smart thing to do given that the WHO declared a pandemic today.

They should just cancel the season but since the NCAA men's basketball tournament is still on (albeit w/o fans), hockey may also still be a go.

Comment

Maybe not if they see what the NBA just did...

Comment

• thanks Harvard.

Comment

Since there is no 'live' hockey to discuss, I perused some articles on USCHO and came across a post on Kevin Sneddon and his decision to step down as UVM head coach. One of Sneddon's reasons for leaving has to do with the recruiting process, and what he termed as a less than honest approach of gaining and then losing commitments from star recruits. To wit: he mentions Nick Abruzzese as someone who committed to UVM, then de-committed and chose Harvard. Teddy and Kevin were teammates on the '89 championship team so it had to be uncomfortable for Kevin to bring up Abruzzese as an example. And yet he did.

I'm wondering if other coaches feel the same and would go on record to name names.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                        Since there is no 'live' hockey to discuss, I perused some articles on USCHO and came across a post on Kevin Sneddon and his decision to step down as UVM head coach. One of Sneddon's reasons for leaving has to do with the recruiting process, and what he termed as a less than honest approach of gaining and then losing commitments from star recruits. To wit: he mentions Nick Abruzzese as someone who committed to UVM, then de-committed and chose Harvard. Teddy and Kevin were teammates on the '89 championship team so it had to be uncomfortable for Kevin to bring up Abruzzese as an example. And yet he did.

I'm wondering if other coaches feel the same and would go on record to name names.
                        I think the real reason he stepped down was due to his imminent firing..........but who knows.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I think the real reason he stepped down was due to his imminent firing..........but who knows.
                          Technically, he would not be fired. He is in the last year of his contract--and UVM was not interested in an extension this time last year. Basically a dead man walking this year.

Comment

Rathbone mulling over pro decision:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...s-rave-talent/

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                              Rathbone mulling over pro decision:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...s-rave-talent/
                              Jack sounds like a great kid and his relationship with his brother is special. You can tell he was brought up with values and an appreciation for family. It wouldn't surprise me if he did turn pro and not return ... all dependent of course on what happens with Covid19. It's quite possible the kids will miss first semester next year and return after winter break.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                                Jack sounds like a great kid and his relationship with his brother is special. You can tell he was brought up with values and an appreciation for family. It wouldn't surprise me if he did turn pro and not return ... all dependent of course on what happens with Covid19. It's quite possible the kids will miss first semester next year and return after winter break.
                                Walsh returning for his senior year.

Comment

Working...
                                X