That's great news.

Comment

• Re: Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Badini gone. Signs with the Ducks. Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
        Far from the most talented kid on the roster...perhaps more to the story.

Comment

• Originally posted by jstadts View Post
          Far from the most talented kid on the roster...perhaps more to the story.
          One of more talented players, but had a tough junior year....though he was playing much better before play was halted. Anaheim didn’t want him going free agent, and nothing there, would not have signed him.

Best face-off guy on team and was a good candidate for the “C” next year.

Tough break for Harvard.

Comment

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Thought he would return for his senior year. Wasn't having the greatest season by any stretch given his talent and skill but he was dynamite on faceoffs. And the PK. Wish him well.

Comment

Last week, NESN aired the Harvard-BU Beanpot final from 1993. I was at the Garden for that game so it was interesting to watch it on TV replay. I didn't remember the physicality (referees Cole and Taylor called a brutal game) and after watching the replay, thought that if the game was played in today's era, BU would have been called for at least 10 penalties. Some of their cheap shots were egregious.

That said, I did remember how Tripp Tracy played the game of his life - maybe his best in a Crimson uni.

Funny moment during the broadcast. Sean McDonough and Bob Norton called the game for NESN and at one point, they switched over to the WTBU radio broadcast (BU's student station). The student announcer who called the game? None other than Dave Gaucher who went on to become the radio voice of the Bruins and then the TV voice of the Las Vegas Golden Knights.

Comment

Chris Heisenberg's Recruiting spreadsheet lists seven incoming freshmen for next year's team. That is if we are going to have a next season (hoping that we do obviously). Wondering how or if the pandemic will affect the decisions of any recruit for any college team. If I were recruited by Columbia or the University of Washington, I might think twice given how hard NYC and Washington state have been hit by Covid.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                  Last week, NESN aired the Harvard-BU Beanpot final from 1993. I was at the Garden for that game so it was interesting to watch it on TV replay. I didn't remember the physicality (referees Cole and Taylor called a brutal game) and after watching the replay, thought that if the game was played in today's era, BU would have been called for at least 10 penalties. Some of their cheap shots were egregious.

That said, I did remember how Tripp Tracy played the game of his life - maybe his best in a Crimson uni.

Funny moment during the broadcast. Sean McDonough and Bob Norton called the game for NESN and at one point, they switched over to the WTBU radio broadcast (BU's student station). The student announcer who called the game? None other than Dave Gaucher who went on to become the radio voice of the Bruins and then the TV voice of the Las Vegas Golden Knights.
                  Was there that game, too. I thought the best game Tracy played was against Northern Michigan at the Centrum in the first round of the NCAA's. He faced a barrage of shots in that game and kept Harvard in it.

The next year they rotated Tracy with Aaron Israel, and unfortunately Israel played in the Beanpot final against BC, gave up an incredibly soft goal from the point in OT, and I think went to the pros after that year.

Comment

I’m beginning to think it likely the 20-21 season will be delayed if not worse. Most schools are coming up with all sorts of contingency plans for fall academic schedules. It’s hard to believe it has come to this, but fall and early winter athletics could be cancelled or delayed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                      Was there that game, too. I thought the best game Tracy played was against Northern Michigan at the Centrum in the first round of the NCAA's. He faced a barrage of shots in that game and kept Harvard in it.

The next year they rotated Tracy with Aaron Israel, and unfortunately Israel played in the Beanpot final against BC, gave up an incredibly soft goal from the point in OT, and I think went to the pros after that year.
                      I was at the Northern Michigan game as well. Sat in front of Tripp's Mom and Aunt. They were great to chat with up until OT. Then it was white knuckle time. Tripper was brilliant. That was also Ted Drury's last game in a Harvard uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by HUJFKLINE View Post
                        I’m beginning to think it likely the 20-21 season will be delayed if not worse. Most schools are coming up with all sorts of contingency plans for fall academic schedules. It’s hard to believe it has come to this, but fall and early winter athletics could be cancelled or delayed.

I'm in agreement. I heard on sports talk radio this week that the NCAA was considering starting the college football season in March of '21. I don't want to hazard a guess as to what that means for the hockey and basketball seasons. March Madness in June???

Comment

Anyone heard anything regarding captains for next year or recruits who plan to matriculate?

For the Ivy League schools, given their unwillingness to grant 5th years, I wonder if some of our recruits will opt not to give up a year of eligibility due to the risk of there being no college hockey next year. Those who see themselves as 2 or 3 year guys may not care, but four year guys might take this into consideration.

Comment

• Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Anyone heard anything regarding captains for next year or recruits who plan to matriculate?

For the Ivy League schools, given their unwillingness to grant 5th years, I wonder if some of our recruits will opt not to give up a year of eligibility due to the risk of there being no college hockey next year. Those who see themselves as 2 or 3 year guys may not care, but four year guys might take this into consideration.
                            I am beginning to ponder if/how new rules about Harvard Final Clubs might impact the vote for team captain. With Badini’s departure to the NHL, I’m not sure how many eligible players are available. In any event the grace period might be over now making single gender organization members ineligible to be captain. Does anyone have more information?

Last edited by HUJFKLINE; 05-02-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

For those wondering about when and to what degree Harvard will reopen; the most recent edition of Harvard Magazine explores the issue. It appears that they plan to reopen for Fall term 2020 but there might be some restrictions on activities.

https://harvardmagazine.com/2020/04/...eopening-plans

For those who wonder about other schools the article states:
                              Cornell, no decision until June

George Washington University, will communicate May 15

Macalester College, prefers regular residential semester but may alteraacademic calendar to accommodate

Stanford, expects to decide in May, might delay fall quarter until winter (Stanford has such flexibility under its quarter, rather than semester, schedule)

University of Michigan, hopes to have in-person instruction

University of Virginia, will update on plans by mid June

Williams College, will announce by July 1

Yale, expects to decide by early July

Obviously not all are ECAC hockey but it gives an idea as to how things are progressing

Comment

Originally posted by HUJFKLINE View Post
                                I am beginning to ponder if/how new rules about Harvard Final Clubs might impact the vote for team captain. With Badini’s departure to the NHL, I’m not sure how many eligible players are available. In any event the grace period might be over now making single gender organization members ineligible to be captain. Does anyone have more information?

This is the first I've heard that Final Clubs impact voting for team captains? Not sure how one influences the other and would be interested to learn about the rule change. When I was at school, Final Clubs had nothing to do with athletics. That said, Reilly Walsh if he returns would be a logical choice for captain. Other possibilities: Jack Donato or Jack Drury.

Comment

Working...
                                X