Clear All

• Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Time to start a new thread

How do things look to all out there??

Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Time to start a new thread

How do things look to all out there??
    I heard an assistant coach at Brown will come over to Harvard replacing Rob Rassey who resigned over the summer. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Harvard Crimson 2019-2020 All Things Bright and Beautiful

Rassey is now a scout for the Red Wings
      The only assistant coach at Brown I can think of is Guerriero who used to be an assistant coach at Yale

Comment

Rassey is now a scout for the Red Wings
        The only assistant coach at Brown I can think of is Guerriero who used to be an assistant coach at Yale
        Do you guys have access to any news regarding hockey? James Marcou is the assistant who left Brown to join Harvard.....in August.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Do you guys have access to any news regarding hockey? James Marcou is the assistant who left Brown to join Harvard.....in August.
          My fault, should have read the Harvard Hockey website!

One item that may be new is that John Rivers has been replaced as "Manager, Sales and Service" for Harvard Athletics by Semra Beric . She sent out an email a couple of days ago to season ticket holders, or at least some (long term ticket holders, two sports season tickets, not sure really). Apparently she does not work directly for Harvard but "The Aspire Group inc" Not clear why Harvard outsourced this. I suspect that they will be making changes in sports marketing and ticket sales procedures.
          All I really care about is whether I can get my season tickets to Harvard men's hockey and Harvard women's hockey.

Comment

My fault, should have read the Harvard Hockey website!

One item that may be new is that John Rivers has been replaced as "Manager, Sales and Service" for Harvard Athletics by Semra Beric . She sent out an email a couple of days ago to season ticket holders, or at least some (long term ticket holders, two sports season tickets, not sure really). Apparently she does not work directly for Harvard but "The Aspire Group inc" Not clear why Harvard outsourced this. I suspect that they will be making changes in sports marketing and ticket sales procedures.
            All I really care about is whether I can get my season tickets to Harvard men's hockey and Harvard women's hockey.
            We are hockey and b-ball season ticket holders, hockey for over 25 years, didn't get anything. I always thought the Harvard ticket office was excellent, very helpful and quick to respond, hope those people did not lose their jobs.

Comment

Harvard picks up commitment from Mason Langenbrunner - D out of Minny. If the last name sounds familiar, it should be. He is the son of Jamie Langenbrunner. Would be fun if Jamie can help with some practice duties.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Faced View Post
                We are hockey and b-ball season ticket holders, hockey for over 25 years, didn't get anything. I always thought the Harvard ticket office was excellent, very helpful and quick to respond, hope those people did not lose their jobs.
                I always found the ticket office gave great service. Greg Collins who took over much of the ticketing after Gordon Paige retired did a great job, coped well with problems with the US Mail which meant my tickets were missing. Greg retired sometime last year.

I miss the Boynton Lounge, successor to the old Blue Line Club. Jo Boynton made a significant donation to create the new lounge. Now it is essentially only for corporate rentals other than a couple of nights for the Friends. I suspect Jo is disappointed with the use of the lounge named for her.

I suspect we will be getting lots more marketing messages on the scoreboard throughout games. I have season tickets to both Men's and Women's hockey and during games like it when they put up out of town scores for the other team (Men/Women) . Last year they did little of that as they needed to put up ads for various sales of rink rental packages etc.

Comment

Congrats to the Crimson on a commit coming.
                  A lot of programs wanted him. Happy for the kid & for Harvard. Nice get.

edit:
                  https://mobile.***********/JeffCoxSports

https://mobile.***********/SSK_Hockey
                  Last edited by northeastern; 10-02-2019, 07:17 PM.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

So looks like Harvard beat out BC for Matt Beniers. Projected to be a 1st rounder in 2021 draft. Rumor has it he will enroll next fall (he is currently in his 2nd year at the USNDT team).

Next year's projected freshman class is loaded now with forwards in Sean Farrell, Trevor Kuntar, Matt Beniers, and Alex Gaffney.

Comment

Hey everyone, it's time once again for the ECAC Pick the Standings Contest! It takes about 2 minutes of your time for a whole season of fun and a chance at eternal glory!

(forgive the blatant copy-pasting to every ECAC-related thread)
                      RPI Pep Band
                      GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                      🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                      2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                      2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

So last night's game (I'm writing this at 12:07am Saturday morning) was uneven, sloppy, exciting, and frustrating all at once. Here are the observations:

1. Harvard's D needs some major tightening up. Dartmouth kept coming in waves in the Harvard D zone and kept the pressure on for most of the game. If Gornet and or Gibson have to face close to 50 shots a game, this will be a very LONG season.

2. Our forecheck needs work and I'd like to see Farinacci on the second line with Badini and Bowlby. And why aren't Mitch Perrault and Ben Solin dressing?? Hopefully the coaching staff is using the early games to find the right line combos.

3. Azur, Rifai and Foley alternated on the third pairing and all of them had problems. Not sure what Teddy and the staff can do about it. The fallout from losing both Fox and Marino to the pros I guess.

4. Abruzezze, Thrun and Farinacci are studs. They are going to be stars before all is said and done. Rathbone looks like he has more confidence and will step up in the offensive zone. Reilly Walsh had a so-so game and had a few egregious turnovers in the D zone.

5. Dartmouth has more speed and skill than in previous seasons but had their share of breakdowns in their own zone. The Crimson actually had the better of the chances while shorthanded in the second period. This game easily could have been 9-3 even though we didn't manage the puck well at all.

Hoping for improvement next week. Lots of new faces and it will take time to gel.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
                          So last night's game (I'm writing this at 12:07am Saturday morning) was uneven, sloppy, exciting, and frustrating all at once. Here are the observations:

1. Harvard's D needs some major tightening up. Dartmouth kept coming in waves in the Harvard D zone and kept the pressure on for most of the game. If Gornet and or Gibson have to face close to 50 shots a game, this will be a very LONG season.

2. Our forecheck needs work and I'd like to see Farinacci on the second line with Badini and Bowlby. And why aren't Mitch Perrault and Ben Solin dressing?? Hopefully the coaching staff is using the early games to find the right line combos.

3. Azur, Rifai and Foley alternated on the third pairing and all of them had problems. Not sure what Teddy and the staff can do about it. The fallout from losing both Fox and Marino to the pros I guess.

4. Abruzezze, Thrun and Farinacci are studs. They are going to be stars before all is said and done. Rathbone looks like he has more confidence and will step up in the offensive zone. Reilly Walsh had a so-so game and had a few egregious turnovers in the D zone.

5. Dartmouth has more speed and skill than in previous seasons but had their share of breakdowns in their own zone. The Crimson actually had the better of the chances while shorthanded in the second period. This game easily could have been 9-3 even though we didn't manage the puck well at all.

Hoping for improvement next week. Lots of new faces and it will take time to gel.
                          Agree across the board.

- Hope Drury is ok.

- Looking for more consistency out of Badini and Bowlby who can both disappear for long stretches.

- too bad Wong our til new year.

- expect to see Foskey rotate into that 3rd D pairing.

- much more speed in transition this year.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                            Agree across the board.

- Hope Drury is ok.

- Looking for more consistency out of Badini and Bowlby who can both disappear for long stretches.

- too bad Wong our til new year.

- expect to see Foskey rotate into that 3rd D pairing.

- much more speed in transition this year.
                            What happened to Wong? Hope he can suit up for the second half of the season.

Losing Drury for any length of time will hurt big time.

Comment

Watching the Red Wings play the Rangers tonight on NBCSN and two former Harvard D are playing against each other. Adam Fox for the Rangers and Alex Biega for the Red Wings. In the two games that I've seen Fox play, skating and offensive zone time are not the issue. Against the Bruins, they manhandled him in the corners and made life tough for him. Really took him off his game.

On the other hand, John Marino looks very comfortable as a Penguin and scored the other night on a breakaway after exiting the sinbin. Unfortunately for John, he also sent the puck across the Bruins D zone where Marchand picked it off and headed off to score an insurance goal for the Bruins.

Comment

Working...
                              X