Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

The Nooks defeat MTU 3-2 Friday night. Good job boys.
    Built a 3-0 lead and then hung on for the win. The Nooks controlled play for much of the game. An extra attacker goal by MTU with about a minute left put them back in reach. SOGs were 22-18 UAF. Nook goals by Hope, Young, and C. Jandrick. MTU goals by Halonen and Parrottino. Keep the pressure on Saturday night boys.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

:stick tap:

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

SWEEP!
        The Nooks sweep MTU with a hard fought 2-1 win on Saturday night. SOGs 24-21 MTU. The Nooks controlled play for the first two periods, until all the extra curricular activities at the buzzer. The Huskies smelled a little blood and the Nooks seemed like they skated a man down for the first 8 or 9 minutes of the third. But the Nooks were able to hang in for the win. Nook goals by Thompson and C. Jandric. MTU goal by Pietila.

Go Nooks!
        #RuleTheNorth

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          SWEEP!
          The Nooks sweep MTU with a hard fought 2-1 win on Saturday night. SOGs 24-21 MTU. The Nooks controlled play for the first two periods, until all the extra curricular activities at the buzzer. The Huskies smelled a little blood and the Nooks seemed like they skated a man down for the first 8 or 9 minutes of the third. But the Nooks were able to hang in for the win. Nook goals by Thompson and C. Jandric. MTU goal by Pietila.

Go Nooks!
          #RuleTheNorth
          Congrats!!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Not the result we wanted however a dramatic turn around from Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
              You guys deserved to win tonight. The Seawolves played a great game and executed their system perfectly. They outworked Maine dramatically and played a tight, tough physical game I really respected.

Comment

SWEEP!

Go Nooks!
                #RuleTheNorth
                Congratulations to the Nanooks! I hope that both you and Anchorage are able to work through the financial issues facing your state and continue to be an active part of this great sport of college hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                  Congratulations to the Nanooks! I hope that both you and Anchorage are able to work through the financial issues facing your state and continue to be an active part of this great sport of college hockey.
                  Level heads will prevail in the state issue. It's the defective 7 that **** me off the most.
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Did the pass in OT come off the glass funny or the ref's shoulder? I can see the goal deflected off a d-man's skate. Two bad breaks on the same play.

Comment

Did the pass in OT come off the glass funny or the ref's shoulder? I can see the goal deflected off a d-man's skate. Two bad breaks on the same play.
                      Here is a link to highlights in case you want to review it. Looked to me like the UAA player tried to clear it off the glass, bounced of the ref. Definitely some puck luck there.

https://youtu.be/73P7XYGf178

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                        Level heads will prevail in the state issue. It's the defective 7 that **** me off the most.
                        Level heads and politicians do not go hand in hand however.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                          Here is a link to highlights in case you want to review it. Looked to me like the UAA player tried to clear it off the glass, bounced of the ref. Definitely some puck luck there.

https://youtu.be/73P7XYGf178
                          Bad breaks and lack of puck luck. Yep, that's my team.
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockey John View Post
                            Level heads and politicians do not go hand in hand however.
                            Well... You're not wrong. Especially here.

Comment

UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                                UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.
                                At this point I'm guessing that flohockey will be your only option. Bring your laptop with you.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X