Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

The Nooks lose 0-4 to MSU, with only 7 SOGs and with zero SOGs in the third. They skated OK for two periods but then kind of gave up physically and mentally. MSU is a better skating team, has better stick skills, but somehow we believe we and hold the puck or out finesse them. That’s a losing strategy. Against MSU we need to adopt the Bob Daniels philosophy…shoot the puck as often as you can, from anywhere you can and work hard for any rebound. Especially on the pp. What’s the point of passing until you turn it over. Take the first open shot. Quantity over quality. Our pitiful pp is not going to get an uncontested shot against MSU. Let’s go boys, bounce back tomorrow with a smarter game plan.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Might talk Suze into coming in.
      Can't. Have our oldest granddaughter spending the day and night with us on Saturday (she hasn't inherited the love for hockey gene yet), and a week ago we made plans for this Sunday.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Very pleased with the effort tonight, and nice to see the win. Hoping for the same type of game tomorrow afternoon!
        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Was a very fun game for UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by kamariek View Post
            Was a very fun game for UAA.
            Great atmosphere and the guys delivered.
            It's a great day to be a Seawolf!

Comment

Great win! Way to hustle boys!! What’s up with Camrud not suited up?

Comment

The new 40th anniversary sweaters to me look old school cool.
                They look GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                  Great win! Way to hustle boys!! What’s up with Camrud not suited up?
                  Hope he's not hurt. It looked like he took a bad hit in a game before the Christmas break.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    They look GREAT!
                    I like them too, very retro. They remind me of a UAA hockey sweatshirt my husband has that was purchased in the 90's.
                    Last edited by Suze; 01-05-2020, 07:39 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

What a disappointing 3rd period for UAA. Sloppy.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                        They look GREAT!
                        REALLY liked them. Sharp.

Comment

Looking forward to this week’s visit from Anchorage and our upcoming journey to Fairbanks! Does UAA send Kurt on the road?
                          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Looks like the Lakers may get a real Fairbanks welcome. Could get close to -40F this week. Don’t worry tho, in the heat of the day it will probably get up to near -35F… and don't forget it’s a dry cold.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Looks like the Lakers may get a real Fairbanks welcome. Could get close to -40F this week. Don’t worry tho, in the heat of the day it will probably get up to near -35F… and don't forget it’s a dry cold.
                              I’ve seen -52°. Not exactly beach weather!
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                Looking forward to this week’s visit from Anchorage and our upcoming journey to Fairbanks! Does UAA send Kurt on the road?
                                Unfortunately no, he just goes to Fairbanks.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X