Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    Looks like the Lakers may get a real Fairbanks welcome. Could get close to -40F this week. Don’t worry tho, in the heat of the day it will probably get up to near -35F… and don't forget it’s a dry cold.
    It's -11 at our house this morning and our truck won't start. Ugh.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      What a disappointing 3rd period for UAA. Sloppy.
      I'm wondering about our conditioning coming off the month away???
      Saturday night wasn't much better.
      Got outshot 13/2 in the 3rd on Sat.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
        Looks like the Lakers may get a real Fairbanks welcome. Could get close to -40F this week. Don’t worry tho, in the heat of the day it will probably get up to near -35F… and don't forget it’s a dry cold.
        Still better than that UP crap coming off the lake.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
          Unfortunately no, he just goes to Fairbanks.
          We’ll have a feed at RRNSports.com. Looking forward to the series and glad we get to visit Anchorage next year!
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
            Hopefully you will help continue this "This very well could be the low point in the history of Laker hockey" road trip.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

To those attending the UAA games on campus: Watching the games this past weekend, it seemed like there were an exorbitant number of whistles due to the puck going into the netting. I am sure the arena has to meet WCHA / NCAA standards, but does anyone know if the glass is shorter at the Chuck Homan Ice Arena?
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I don't think so. It seems to be about the standard height, at least to me. I wish they would invest in some finer netting material though. It gets old watching through that stuff.

Congrats to Nazzarett on the beauty backhand/forehand goal this weekend. I also heard through the grapevine that Camrud is going to be cleared to play again....

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  To those attending the UAA games on campus: Watching the games this past weekend, it seemed like there were an exorbitant number of whistles due to the puck going into the netting. I am sure the arena has to meet WCHA / NCAA standards, but does anyone know if the glass is shorter at the Chuck Homan Ice Arena?
                  If they are as elete as they say they are it should not happen. home field advantage....
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Important weekend for the Nooks as they host LSSU. Given our current standing and remaining schedule, we have a fighting chance for home ice, but we need to sweep the Lakers or we can most likely kiss home ice goodbye. We seldom play with enough urgency all weekend to sweep anybody, but now would be a good time to change that up.

Go Nooks!
                    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

Since the break it's been the same old 3rd period blues.

Comment

The Nooks scratched out a lucky 2-0 win last night against LSSU. If we don’t step it up tonight it could very well be another split. We still seem to be a half second too slow on stick work and shot release. I’d like to see less effort trying to cycle in the corners and attempt more and quicker shots toward the goal, with a workman like effort in the ensuing scramble. Complete the sweep tonight boys.

Go Nooks!
                        #RuleTheNorth

Comment

Wow, three waved off goals. Is that a record for UAA? I thought if a net was pushed off on purpose by the opposing team that a goal was supposed to be awarded? What is the rule on that? Of course it's subject to the refs interpretation...and therein lies much of the problem.

Here is the NHL rule:
                          26.2 Infractions – When Goalkeeper is On the Ice – A goal will be awarded when an attacking player, in the act of shooting the puck into the goal (between the normal position of the posts and completely across the goal line), is prevented from scoring as a result of a defending player or goalkeeper displacing the goal post, either deliberately or accidentally.
                          Is the rule same for the NCAA?
                          Last edited by Suze; 01-11-2020, 08:28 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Wow, three waved off goals. Is that a record for UAA? I thought if a net was pushed off on purpose by the opposing team that a goal was supposed to be awarded? What is the rule on that? Of course it's subject to the refs interpretation...and therein lies much of the problem.

Here is the NHL rule:

Is the rule same for the NCAA?
                            The refs know the rules way better than any of us. My take is that there was not indisputable visual evidence to overturn the on ice call.

As for another one of the “no goal” calls, it was 100% correct. It wasn’t overturning a goal. It was affirming a correct “no goal” call. That’s what happens when you cross check someone into the goalie. The other “no goal” was because it was kicked in.
                            Last edited by davyd83; 01-12-2020, 06:35 AM.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              The refs know the rules way better than any of us. My take is that there was not indispensable visual evidence to overturn the on ice call.

As for another one of the “no goal” calls, it was 100% correct. It wasn’t overturning a goal. It was affirming a correct “no goal” call. That’s what happens when you cross check someone into the goalie. The other “no goal” was because it was kicked in.
                              I agree with the second one, but the first one looked like it was directed by the skate, then it hit the goalie and then your own player knocked it in. The third should have been allowed, IMO.

I agree with Seawolf Fan that the 3rd periods are killing this team. Goal tending has not been stellar either. Tonight we had 4 goals scored against us in the 3rd period, on just 10 shots. That's not gonna cut it.
                              Last edited by Suze; 01-11-2020, 10:39 PM.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                The refs know the rules way better than any of us. My take is that there was not indispensable visual evidence to overturn the on ice call.

Just to not be a homer I'll give you two (although you only deserve one) however you're flat wrong on the "kicked in". There was absolutely no kicking motion much less as the rule calls for a definite kicking motion.
                                It was a good goal but it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X