Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by mmf View Post

The way this was approached was chickenchit by any standards. We can only hope it blows up in their faces.
    You mean like............. George Gwozdecky how the Nacho league didn't work out for him ....... ..... and fired one year short of retirement check .
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Lets all be honest and think critically for a second. It’s not just the magnificent 7 wanting to leave the conference because of UAA/UAF/UAH and the uncertainty/commitment rhetoric. That merely provided the catalyst and a scapegoat for a lot of other issues with the league that all come to a head. A lot of the schools have expressed a lot of frustrations with the league and scheduling over the past few years. If I’m not mistaken, Tech has travelled to both Alaska schools three years in a row prior to last year. Bemidji and Mankato have also done so a bit disproportionally to the every 3rd year that was planned during realignment.

Officiating has deteriorated and I’ve heard first hand a lot of displeasure with the inconsistencies and quality of officiating throughout the league. More importantly the lack of leadership from the league office to correct it and improve the situation.

I honestly can’t blame the other teams, I really can’t. I just wish for our own sake the conversations were more open instead of everyone keeping their mouths shut in Florida. The reality is, someone has to lose, and eliminating at least Anchorage and Huntsville from the conference is eliminating the wins the other teams have collected from them. I’m not trying to say the Nanooks were that much better but they at least had a sniff at a .500 season in conference and were trending upward.

There were certainly options and compromises that could have been made but I stand being my belief that this isn’t a good move for any of the 7 schools except Mankato and Northern right now. Maybe BG.
      Last edited by UAFHockeyFan314; 09-25-2019, 12:30 PM.
      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
        Lets all be honest and think critically for a second. It’s not just the magnificent 7 wanting to leave the conference because of UAA/UAF/UAH and the uncertainty/commitment rhetoric. That merely provided the catalyst and a scapegoat for a lot of other issues with the league that all come to a head. A lot of the schools have expressed a lot of frustrations with the league and scheduling over the past few years. If I’m not mistaken, Tech has travelled to both Alaska schools three years in a row prior to last year. Bemidji and Mankato have also done so a bit disproportionally to the every 3rd year that was planned during realignment.

Officiating has deteriorated and I’ve heard first hand a lot of displeasure with the inconsistencies and quality of officiating throughout the league. More importantly the lack of leadership from the league office to correct it and improve the situation.

I honestly can’t blame the other teams, I really can’t. I just wish for our own sake the conversations were more open instead of everyone keeping their mouths shut in Florida. The reality is, someone has to lose, and eliminating at least Anchorage and Huntsville from the conference is eliminating the wins the other teams have collected from them. I’m not trying to say the Nanooks were that much better but they at least had a sniff at a .500 season in conference and were trending upward.

There were certainly options and compromises that could have been made but I stand being my belief that this isn’t a good move for any of the 7 schools except Mankato and Northern right now. Maybe BG.
        The buss people have spoken. .......One tank of diesel or we are not going.
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post

With the scheduling matrix, every team will travel to every other team three out of four years. Your travel to NMU & Tech will be the same as the Alaskas or the Minnesota schools.
          "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
            With the scheduling matrix, every team will travel to every other team three out of four years. Your travel to NMU & Tech will be the same as the Alaskas or the Minnesota schools.
            My recollection is that it hasn't gone like that at all.

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
              My recollection is that it hasn't gone like that at all.

GFM
              For BSU:

13-14: at Alaska
              14-15: at Anchorage
              15-16: at Alaska, at Anchorage
              16-17: at Alaska, at Anchorage
              17-18: at Alaska
              18-19: at Anchorage
              19-20: at Alaska, at Anchorage
              20-21: at Alaska at Anchorage if the pattern (??) holds
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

UAA hockey will be back on the radio this season! Yes!
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  Never understood why it was gone?
                  If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    For BSU:

13-14: at Alaska
                    14-15: at Anchorage
                    15-16: at Alaska, at Anchorage
                    16-17: at Alaska, at Anchorage
                    17-18: at Alaska
                    18-19: at Anchorage
                    19-20: at Alaska, at Anchorage
                    20-21: at Alaska at Anchorage if the pattern (??) holds
                    NMU (vs UAF/UAA)
                    13-14 at UAF, at UAA*
                    14-15 at UAF, at UAA (two week trip)*
                    15-16 at UAF*
                    16-17 at UAA
                    17-18 at UAF, at UAA*
                    18-19 at UAF, at UAA (two week trip)*
                    19-20 at UAF*

NMU vs Ferris/LSSU
                    13-14 at Ferris
                    14-15 at LSSU
                    15-16 at Ferris, at LSSU
                    16-17 at Ferris, at LSSU
                    17-18 at Ferris
                    18-19 at LSSU
                    19-20 at Ferris, at LSSU

It works the same for any of the five “travel pairs,” UAA/UAF, Bemidji/Minnesota St, Tech/NMU, LSSU/Ferris & UAH/BG
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                      Money

Comment

Originally posted by Hal9K View Post
                        Well, I also think it had to do with Kurt Haider leaving the radio station that it was broadcast through.
                        Originally Posted by aparch
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Alaska Nanook Hockey...the boys are back.
                          Blue & Gold Game last night
                          Next Saturday & Sunday...Alaska Nanooks host Denver Pioneers

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Man has it really been four years since radio?
                            Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                              Alaska Nanook Hockey...the boys are back.
                              Blue & Gold Game last night
                              Next Saturday & Sunday...Alaska Nanooks host Denver Pioneers

I heard the kid coaches where playing for the "Sippy Cup".

Comment

UAA hockey highlights, undated:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZVYS-hrzGw
                                Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X