Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
    Since the break it's been the same old 3rd period blues.
    Repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
      I agree with the second one, but the first one looked like it was directed by the skate, then it hit the goalie and then your own player knocked it in. The third should have been allowed, IMO.

I agree with Seawolf Fan that the 3rd periods are killing this team. Goal tending has not been stellar either. Tonight we had 4 goals scored against us in the 3rd period, on just 10 shots. That's not gonna cut it.
      I love people who can make the call better from 3500 miles away than the officials on the ice. Just curious, how many NCAA games have you officiated Suze?

Comment

• Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
        I love people who can make the call better from 3500 miles away than the officials on the ice. Just curious, how many NCAA games have you officiated Suze?
        Be fair Rapids. We all know that the best Coaches, ADs, GMs and referees are always the ones in the stands, the press box, on the couches and in the sports bars!
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          Be fair Rapids. We all know that the best Coaches, ADs, GMs and referees are always the ones in the stands, the press box, on the couches and in the sports bars!
          Your sarcasm isn't lost however you missed the mark.
          All of the folks you mentioned in the stands, press box, etc. have the advantage of endless replays and hindsight.
          Those are great advantages others in the heat of the moment don't have.
          Fact not opinion.
          Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 01-12-2020, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
            How many did you do?

How many years have you been a NCCA season ticket holder?

Have you ever been on a airplane?

askin for a friend....
            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-12-2020, 04:07 PM.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Not only did we get a shutout W on the road, we set the table for the Seawolves to knock one of the stupendous 7 into 9th place. Win-win, if UAA takes care of business.
              “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Not only did we get a shutout W on the road, we set the table for the Seawolves to knock one of the stupendous 7 into 9th place. Win-win, if UAA takes care of business.
                Congrats on the win, I watched the last half of the game. UAA got it done, but that second period was not pretty. A much needed 3 points.
                Last edited by Suze; 01-18-2020, 12:42 AM.
                Originally Posted by aparch
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

The Nanooks this season remind me of the 08-09 season, Chad Johnson’s senior season. Getting great goaltending, especially recently, and not getting much offense. In 2 wins and a tie in the last 3 games, we have scored 5 goals and 2 of them were empty net. Hoping we can light up the scoresheet tonight. GoNanooks!

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                    The Nanooks this season remind me of the 08-09 season, Chad Johnson’s senior season. Getting great goaltending, especially recently, and not getting much offense. In 2 wins and a tie in the last 3 games, we have scored 5 goals and 2 of them were empty net. Hoping we can light up the scoresheet tonight. GoNanooks!
                    Isn't that a green gerbil year?
                    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Seawolves time to foil up and Darken Laker History a new shade of black .....pound them in their own bus barn. ................. Stay out of sin bin and shoot the puck.

Great Day to be a Seawolf

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                        Well that worked pretty well, it has been awhile since we have scored 6 goals in a game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Isn't that a green gerbil year?
                          No that was Dallas first season as head coach.

Comment

Our favorite Alaskans have started in Juneau. Someone start up the popcorn machine, its gonna be a few long months...

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                              No that was Dallas first season as head coach.
                              No it was a total shut out UAA Hockey GC series. call Chad I bet he remenbers...
                              Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 01-23-2020, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                                No it was a total shut out UAA Hockey GC series. call Chad I bet he remenbers...
                                I remember it fondly. Because of that, and the subsequent year of Seawolf mouthing off, the Nanooks mudholed the Seawolves a year later and set up a decade of GC wins.

Water bottle.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X