Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    Honest question. If you make all this effort to rebrand as just "Alaska", why do you have some guy yelling "U-A-F" on the PA during the game?
    The answer will start to show up on New Years Day.....
    Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
    UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

New Years resolution?

Comment

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/educ...lidation-plan/

Comment

• Why did I look at the comments? JFC people are insane.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
            New Years resolution?
            TV of the cops in _airbanks.

Comment

Well another week, and another chance to come out of it in first place. Seven straight series have ended in splits, although hoping for a sweep, with the next two series against Bemidji and Mankato I would be plenty happy with a couple more splits. Though we have played more games than everyone except Tech, it would be awesome to finish our first half of the season at least tied for first place. GoNanooks!!

Comment

Well 18 sog isn't going to win a lot of games against a quality goalie.

Comment

Nooks lose to Bemidji last night 1-3. They went through the motions but for the most part had no pep in their step. Hope they come back tonight with more intensity and determination.

I was waiting for the ref to blow his whistle during the Beavers pp. They were firing the puck at our goalie. That must be a violation. If that was allowed, then surely our guys would also shoot the puck at their goalie on a pp.

Go Nooks!
                  #RuleTheNorth

Comment

I didn't watch the sucky flo hockey stream, but I did listen in. Sounds like UAA played a solid game, and Carlson stood on his head. I was so thrilled with the short handed goal Wicks got to put UAA up 1-0. Once again, third period 5 minute majors are the teams undoing. STOP IT GUYS!
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      I didn't watch the sucky flo hockey stream, but I did listen in. Sounds like UAA played a solid game, and Carlson stood on his head. I was so thrilled with the short handed goal Wicks got to put UAA up 1-0. Once again, third period 5 minute majors are the teams undoing. STOP IT GUYS!
                      That was not the "undoing" that happen with 45 seconds left already down 2-1...it did make getting the tying goal that much harder but thats not the reason UAA lost. Michigan Tech finally broke through for a goal...
                      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

The FloHockey worked perfect for me. They started 1/2 hour early and did a good job showing warm ups, the pep band entrance, live cutover to look in of ladies volley ball, taped audio of Curley interview, speech from the AD. No buffering, best camera work I've seen from a college crew. I was impressed.
                        Too bad we didn't get a better game result.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                          The FloHockey worked perfect for me. They started 1/2 hour early and did a good job showing warm ups, the pep band entrance, live cutover to look in of ladies volley ball, taped audio of Curley interview, speech from the AD. No buffering, best camera work I've seen from a college crew. I was impressed.
                          Too bad we didn't get a better game result.
                          I have had terrible results with flohockey. No video, no sound. I could go on and on. If there is a problem they get back to me 2 days later! At least WCHA TV replied within 5 minutes. And WCHA TV would give a credit when there were viewing issues, flo refuses to give any credit.

Camrud didn’t play last night and isn’t in tonight’s line up. Hope he’s ok, we need him out there!
                          Last edited by Suze; 12-07-2019, 05:46 PM.
                          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            I have had terrible results with flohockey. No video, no sound. I could go on and on. If there is a problem they get back to me 2 days later! At least WCHA TV replied within 5 minutes. And WCHA TV would give a credit when there were viewing issues, flo refuses to give any credit.

Camrud didn’t play last night and isn’t in tonight’s line up. Hope he’s ok, we need him out there!
                            It's the school not flo.......elete hickpoop in....... elete hickpoop out.
                            Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 12-07-2019, 08:50 PM.
                            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                              It's the school not flo.......elete hickpoop in....... elete hickpoop out.
                              Wrong. It has happened with numerous schools.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nanooks Split at Bemidji, win 5-3. Beautiful tic tac toe pp goal with under 10 mins left to play to ice it. Once again, an impressive bonuce back road win for UAF. Could be a great 2nd half of the season if they can figure out how to take care of business at home

Comment

Working...
                                X