Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

The Nooks tied NMU 4-4 Friday night but gave up the extra point in the 3x3 OT. Not a bad outcome considering the ref called (upon further review-no call on the ice) a 5 min major on the Nooks with 4 min left in the game. NMU had three 5 on 3 pp and a 5 min major but were only 1 for 8 on the night. The Nooks were 2 for 4. We still had our chances to win late in the game but came up short. Get’m Saturday night boys.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
      The Nooks tied NMU 4-4 Friday night but gave up the extra point in the 3x3 OT. Not a bad outcome considering the ref called (upon further review-no call on the ice) a 5 min major on the Nooks with 4 min left in the game. NMU had three 5 on 3 pp and a 5 min major but were only 1 for 8 on the night. The Nooks were 2 for 4. We still had our chances to win late in the game but came up short. Get’m Saturday night boys.
      Go Nooks!
      #RuleTheNorth

Definitely one of the worst officiated games I have seen. Good to see the boys battle through it and at least get a tie, and even have a chance to win it with a short handed goal that hit two posts on Hope’s breakaway.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Except for a few stretches of poor choices by both teams (mostly Nooks), that was a fast, physical, and hard fought game. The teams match up pretty well. Expect the same tonight. The refs did not do a good job. It was very inconsistent. Both sides probably had reason to complain, but in my totally unbiased viewpoint the Nooks had more of a reason . Regardless, we had our chances to put it away in regulation and OT and just didn’t get it done.

Go Nooks!

Comment

• Why did the Lakers have someone sing the Canadian National Anthem before the US National Anthem???
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
            Why did the Lakers have someone sing the Canadian National Anthem before the US National Anthem???
            I’d assume it’s because Canada is close enough to LSSU to cut a wet fart and have it waft over the border before dissipating.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
              Why did the Lakers have someone sing the Canadian National Anthem before the US National Anthem???
              They always do that at Lake State. Most college players are from the US and Canada and the Soo is a border town.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                Because they were playing in canada.
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                  I remember it fondly. Because of that, and the subsequent year of Seawolf mouthing off, the Nanooks mudholed the Seawolves a year later and set up a decade of GC wins.

Water bottle.
                  A whole lot of cheaten went on from there .
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    Because they were playing in canada.
                    No, the Soo Canada LSSU home game is versus UAH February 15th.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Disappointing to only get one point on the weekend in a pretty evenly played series. Now we are most likely fighting with Tech and Bowling Green for the last home ice spot.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                        Disappointing to only get one point on the weekend in a pretty evenly played series. Now we are most likely fighting with Tech and Bowling Green for the last home ice spot.
                        And unfortunately you have 2 games in hand. Since UA_ is off this weekend, the results in the standings should be interesting.
                        I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I believe it’s the other teams that “have games in hand.” Regardless, we have played two more games than everyone else, and four more games than NMU, BGSU, and UAH. Anybody paying attention probably knew that MSU, BSU, and NMU were 1-3 and UAF, MTU, and BGSU were fighting for 4-5-6. Our task just became harder. There’s always a chance for inspired winning streaks or colossal collapses, but it will be difficult for UAF, MTU, or even BGSU to sneak into third place. I’d give BGSU the edge right now for the 4th spot, but one bad game for anyone can turn things around. We host BGSU Feb 14 & 15. The Nooks will probably need a sweep to stay in the running for home ice.

UAA and FSU are fighting for the last playoff spot. Both have tough roads out. UAA will have to steal a few points to take the 8th spot and I hope it’s not against us. A couple of UAA wins would: win the cup, probably clinch a playoff spot, and definitely knock the Nooks out of home ice. We wish you success on one out of three...

Go Nooks!
                          #RuleTheNorth

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                            I believe it’s the other teams that “have games in hand.” Regardless, we have played two more games than everyone else, and four more games than NMU, BGSU, and UAH. Anybody paying attention probably knew that MSU, BSU, and NMU were 1-3 and UAF, MTU, and BGSU were fighting for 4-5-6. Our task just became harder. There’s always a chance for inspired winning streaks or colossal collapses, but it will be difficult for UAF, MTU, or even BGSU to sneak into third place. I’d give BGSU the edge right now for the 4th spot, but one bad game for anyone can turn things around. We host BGSU Feb 14 & 15. The Nooks will probably need a sweep to stay in the running for home ice.

UAA and FSU are fighting for the last playoff spot. Both have tough roads out. UAA will have to steal a few points to take the 8th spot and I hope it’s not against us. A couple of UAA wins would: win the cup, probably clinch a playoff spot, and definitely knock the Nooks out of home ice. We wish you success on one out of three...

Go Nooks!
                            #RuleTheNorth
                            I remember at the start of the season the coaching staff said their goal for the year was home ice. It’s good to still have a shot at that, even if we’ll need some help to do it.

But, I’d opine that there should be a much bigger goal for this team, regardless of whether or not home ice is a thing: we need to win a playoff series (or two). This team isn’t offensively gifted enough to win the league, but it is talented enough and matches up well enough to win a 3 game series against either Bowling Green, Tech, or NMU, and it’s highly likely the first round will be against one of those teams. The time is now...too many years we have fallen flat in the postseason and there wouldn’t be a better time to rectify that than now against one of the teams that flipped us the bird and left us to die 7 months ago.
                            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

It would be nice to claim home ice, but I’m thinking BGSU has the edge. I may change my mind after we host BGSU Feb 14 & 15, but if we can hold onto the #5 spot I think we would have a fighting chance on the road at BGSU in the first round. We play better on the road. They’re not MSU.

Comment

I haven't complained about refs all season, but here goes. It's bad enough that UAA played against one of the top teams in the nation, but they shouldn't have had to play against the refs as well. The first Mankato goal was clearly offside. The 5 minute major called on UAA was a joke. I watched that replay numerous times … it was a glancing blow, nothing deliberate or malicious about it … but the Mankato player did a great job in selling it. And in the midst of UAA killing off the major penalty they were interfered with on a breakaway attempt and no call was made. Yes, I know Mankato is a great team. They are fast and skilled and I didn't think for a second UAA had a chance against them. But the unfairness of the refs in the first two periods made me so angry I had to turn off the game.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X