Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

We are a decent skating club. We're good enough to skate around the perimeter and play a bit of keep-away, but not good enough to convert that type of puck possession into quality scoring chances. We just end up passing up shooting lanes, over-passing, and turning the puck over. Especially on the PP. We need a sweep to keep home ice in play.

The 3 keys for this weekend’s series at UAH (and all remaining games):
    1. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
    2. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
    3. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Nooks down 3-1 after one to UAH. Hope we can chalk up the first period to coming off a bye week. The Nooks are starting to control play but UAH is making the most of their opportunities. I’m surprised Martinsson is still in net, although the first two were tough deflections. The third…not so much.

Comment

Nooks down 6-4 after two. They are pi $$ing away home ice.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Nooks down 6-4 after two. They are pi $$ing away home ice.
          Well Tech lost tonight, so ...

Seawolves are playing very well lately, without much to show for it. Tonight was the best Friday game I have seen them play in a while, against a good team. I hope Robillard is ok, the refs sure let a lot go tonight. I still think our second "no goal" may have been in. The goal light came on and the guys were all celebrating like it crossed the line. Why wouldn't they review it? They reviewed to see if there were penalties when none were called on the ice. No consistency with these WCHA refs.
          Last edited by Suze; 02-07-2020, 09:27 PM.
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Tied 6-6 after regulation. Nooks get two goals in last 4:30 to send it to OT.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Tied 6-6 after regulation. Nooks get two goals in last 4:30 to send it to OT.
              That was exciting, and glad they got the goal in the 2nd OT to keep UAH below UAA.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Nooks take the extra point in the second OT. Lost a point but avoided disaster. Let's not leave it in doubt tomorrow night boys.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                  That was exciting, and glad they got the goal in the 2nd OT to keep UAH below UAA.
                  UAH is well below you guys. Ferris is the one right behind you in the standings.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Nooks take the extra point in the second OT. Lost a point but avoided disaster. Let's not leave it in doubt tomorrow night boys.
                    Parked the car during the media timeout down 6-4. By the time I got inside the house and looked at the score I thought I saw it wrong with the 6 by UAF. So glad we didn’t pull the goalie too early and blow our chance. Much needed points tonight, we need to get back to solid goaltending tomorrow! GoNanooks!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                      UAH is well below you guys. Ferris is the one right behind you in the standings.
                      Yep, but UAH has been playing much better lately.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

They’re still 8 points back, Ferris is 3 back and has two games in hand.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

Ferris is who you should be worried about, especially with them having games in hand. Huntsville is playing for pride at this point.

Glad we gutted one out last night.
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                            Ferris is who you should be worried about, especially with them having games in hand. Huntsville is playing for pride at this point.

Glad we gutted one out last night.
                            Yeah, well at this point I'm not sure I want to even see them make the playoffs. They'd be going to Mankato.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              Yeah, well at this point I'm not sure I want to even see them make the playoffs. They'd be going to Mankato.
                              They may get spanked, but all your underclassmen will get a taste of playoffs and the whole team could take pride in making the playoffs in 2020. Go Seawolves! (cough, cough...) Excuse me if I threw up a little bit in my throat.

Comment

Welcome to the club. And I echo what mmf says, it’s still good experience for the team to get a taste of it. Not to mention it keeps one of the seven dwarves out of the playoffs.
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X