Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
    Couldn’t have said it better myself. If we win tonight I hope all the flights to FAI are full and Bowling Green has to bus in from Edmonton.
    Bowling Green has had donors step up and charter a jet for playoffs in the past, I could see that happening again this year.
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
      JFC Suze give it a rest. Every fanbase does things like that.
      Every one? Yeah right JJ. Not during player introductions. You are wrong.

Good luck Nanooks - I hope you give Bowling Green the butt kicking you gave UAA!
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post

Good luck Nanooks - I hope you give Bowling Green the butt kicking you gave UAA!
        You clearly haven’t traveled to other barns....

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Suze View Post

I'm glad the UAF students stepped up and looked like a real collegiate student section this weekend. I've been to many college hockey venues over the years and saying "What's a Seawolf" during introductions is pretty tame from students in rivalry games. It actually set the tone for an aewsome game atmosphere that I havent seen in years. It was great! I might suggest that you channel your critisim towards gettingthe UAA student section and fans going. I'm sure the UAA players would actually appreciate that.

Comment

Never have seen a team come out playing strong after a bye week... It always takes them half the game to adjust to the speed and intensity of the game. Clearly the case Friday night. I will say that I am impressed with the UAA freshmen class. If they stay together, it could be the start of a real turn around for the UAA program. Curleys done a good job!

Comment

• Originally posted by NookAlum View Post
              I'm glad the UAF students stepped up and looked like a real collegiate student section this weekend. I've been to many college hockey venues over the years and saying "What's a Seawolf" during introductions is pretty tame from students in rivalry games. It actually set the tone for an aewsome game atmosphere that I havent seen in years. It was great! I might suggest that you channel your critisim towards gettingthe UAA student section and fans going. I'm sure the UAA players would actually appreciate that.
              It was great to have the noise, excitement and atmosphere this weekend! I have been to a few other barns to watch the Nanooks, and if the random student sections that don’t know much at all about us can act like they do, it isn’t bad at all for a rival fanbase to chant “what’s a seawolf”.

Comment

Good luck to the Seawolves this weekend. I would love it for you to pull off the upset, even to just take a game from them. And if we take care of business this weekend and Mankato takes the series, they will most likely host the Alaska’s back to back weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                  Bowling Green has had donors step up and charter a jet for playoffs in the past, I could see that happening again this year.
                  You beavers will be riding coach for hours with all the night sky staring tourist to fairbanks...not a bad ride if you can hold your breath.
                  Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                  UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                    You beavers will be riding coach for hours with all the night sky staring tourist to fairbanks...not a bad ride if you can hold your breath.
                    We are playing BGSU, not Bemidji....

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                      We are playing BGSU, not Bemidji....
                      them too
                      Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                      UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
                        Who pays for tourney travel? The traveling team? Are we still locked into a subsidy?
                        The league pays for core travel for the playoffs. Coaches, players, immediate support staff. They do not pick up for others, like the radio broadcasters.

They also keep the gate to a large extent, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Bemidji won't be traveling unless they have to go to Mankato for the Championship, so five hours on a bus, at most, for the conference playoffs.
                          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            You clearly haven’t traveled to other barns....
                            Seeing as I've met Suze ...

[If I had been in the loudly-cheering mob like I was in my 20s, yes, I would've been asking what the heck a Seawolf was.]

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                              Bemidji won't be traveling unless they have to go to Mankato for the Championship, so five hours on a bus, at most, for the conference playoffs.
                              I hate everything

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                                Seeing as I've met Suze ...

[If I had been in the loudly-cheering mob like I was in my 20s, yes, I would've been asking what the heck a Seawolf was.]

GFM
                                Fun fact: I think my mom met Suze when she came to Fairbanks years ago. And I’ve met JJ.

But in comparison to Mankato and BG or even the Minnesota Gophers, the what’s a seawolf chant during introductions is nothing is all I was trying to say...

Comment

Working...
                                X