Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Great bounce back for the Nooks. Some strong multi-point performances.
    Young - 2 goals, 1 assist, Leiter - 2 goals, S. Jandric - 1 goal, 2 assists, Newton - 2 assists,

We are off until Jan 3 & 4 at MSU. The boys need the break. They haven't had a weekend off since season opening on Oct 5. That includes 5 road series for those of the severed seven who like to harp about such things. We'll drop in the conf standings as the games in hand even out a bit, but it was still a pretty good first half. The second half includes 3 away series, 4 home series, and two bye weekends. Plus we will have our captain and one of our better players back in Kylar Hope, who has missed the last eight games. We have a chance for a strong second half if the boys bring their A game. But for now, finish strong in the classroom and take a well deserved break.

Go Nooks!
    #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

I had major issues until I used CHROME...actually got through to FLO and they told me that Microsoft Edge doesn't work very good...CHROME is getting it done

Comment

Originally posted by fairbanks hockey puck View Post
        I had major issues until I used CHROME...actually got through to FLO and they told me that Microsoft Edge doesn't work very good...CHROME is getting it done
        Apple iPhone by itself or run through a HDMI cord to the TV works perfect for me.
        No complaints.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
          Apple iPhone by itself or run through a HDMI cord to the TV works perfect for me.
          No complaints.
          Chromecast works well too.
          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

I've used both roku and fire tv/stick devices with much success...most of my problems have been obviously confined to the team doing the broadcast, at least on appearance.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              I've used both roku and fire tv/stick devices with much success...most of my problems have been obviously confined to the team doing the broadcast, at least on appearance.
              Not having seen all of the away games I can't say it is the best however last weekend Tech did the best I've seen yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                Not having seen all of the away games I can't say it is the best however last weekend Tech did the best I've seen yet.
                Do you have MEA ?
                Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
                UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                  Do you have MEA ?
                  Don't be mean and put me in the valley.

Comment

Don't be mean and put me in the valley.
                    We have roku as well and can stream from our smart TV.
                    Originally Posted by aparch
                    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      We have roku as well and can stream from our smart TV.
                      But if it is giving you less than satisfactory results perhaps you may consider a different setup.
                      Our less than a year old Samsung smart TV sucks when it comes to streaming FLO TV. Running FLO through my iPhone and then onto the Samsung works perfectly. No need to call FLO tech support.
                      Just saying.

Comment

But if it is giving you less than satisfactory results perhaps you may consider a different setup.
                        Our less than a year old Samsung smart TV sucks when it comes to streaming FLO TV. Running FLO through my iPhone and then onto the Samsung works perfectly. No need to call FLO tech support.
                        Just saying.
                        i just text the school contact I have and advise them of problem and usually solved. Flo just runs the feeds . Some elete hick schools could give a ****less about visitor's feed.
                        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

Seawolf and Nanook Nation.......... Have a happy and safe Holidays.

Comment

Same to all UAA and UAF fans, happy holidays and good luck in 2020.
                            If I had a cool pic or saying it would go here.

Comment

Looking back on the last decade of Nanook hockey, there were some highs and some lows. First NCAA tournament appearance and winning all 10 governors cups. Along with program uncertainty and not yet having won a playoff series in the new WCHA. I have missed 2 games in Fairbanks in that time and been able to attend 20 away games. The Nanooks record in this decade is 146-183-38 including being 26-13-1 against uaa.

My Top moments
                              3. Winning at Penn State 4-0 the night after losing 7-0 this October. (one of the away games I attended)
                              2. Back to back overtime winners for Nik Yaremchuk in 2011 playoffs vs. Michigan State.
                              1. 6 game sweep in January 2013 at Michigan, at Notre Dame and vs. Northern Michigan.

Nanook all-decade first team:
                              Cody Kunyk 148 GP 60-73-133 pts.
                              Tyler Morley 129 GP 60-62-122 pts.
                              Andy Taranto 146 GP 59-61-120 pts.

Defense
                              Colton Parayko 104 GP 17-49-66 pts.
                              Zach Frye 136 GP 21-56-77 pts.

Goalie
                              Scott Greenham .916 save pct / 2.23 GAA
                              48-47-19 / 11 shutouts

Second team:
                              Forwards
                              Colton Beck 146 GP 42-59-101 pts.
                              Marcus Basara 140 GP 41-46-87 pts.
                              Nik yaremchuk 144 GP 31-48-79 pts.

Defense
                              Aaron Gens 140 GP 12-60-72 pts.
                              Michael Quinn 129 GP 9-49-58 pts.

Goalie
                              Cahill .906 save pct. / 2.20 GAA
                              21-14-3 / 3shutouts

Comment

I watch one or the other Alaska team on flo every week, whoever is home and mostly I’ve had a good experience but sometimes the feed quality is low. The team with the most technical problems for me has been NMU
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X