Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
    The Cup and Michigan Tech are a package deal, dating back to 1951. Where Tech goes, the Cup goes. Period. Paragraph.

And there goes your chance of ever getting near it.
    Oh, how will we ever survive.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
      The Cup and Michigan Tech are a package deal, dating back to 1951. Where Tech goes, the Cup goes. Period. Paragraph.

And there goes your chance of ever getting near it.
      Sir, this is a Wendy’s.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Bummer
        Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow!

Comment

Six straight weekends with a split, but hey, we are getting points every week. This week against Ferris was the first weekend in that time we actually played good enough to win both games. Minus a couple bad mistakes on Friday of course. After what we have been through against Tech the last five years, it would be really nice to sweep the season series, but realistically with how they are playing, I would feel good with another split this week. Go Nooks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            Hoping for a better outcome tomorrow!
            Happy Thanksgiving to Seawolf Nation and 'Nook Nation.
            Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Saw UAF’s Nolan Kaiser vs UAA’s Brody Claeys tonight in the SPHL at Huntsville.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Congrats to the Nanooks for a gritty win tonight. I was so disgusted with the UAA game that I watched the last half of the third period of the Nanook game. The way UA_ held the puck in the Tech zone for 4 straight minutes, and changed out their players until the Tech players were dead tired ... then scored the game winner ... it was a thing of beauty.

Tonight's UAA game, not so much. I thought UAA outplayed Ferris in the first and second periods, and out shot them overall 29-22. They played well enough to get some points ... but Stead had a really "off" night. Was he even ready to play when Ferris scored that first WEAK goal? No excuse!!!
                I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Honest question. If you make all this effort to rebrand as just "Alaska", why do you have some guy yelling "U-A-F" on the PA during the game?

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                    Honest question. If you make all this effort to rebrand as just "Alaska", why do you have some guy yelling "U-A-F" on the PA during the game?
                    UAA fans have been asking themselves that question ever since UA_ made the change to Alaska". I think they have an identity crisis, and the reason I started referring to them as UA_.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well we are the Alaska Nanooks, from the University of Alaska FAIRBANKS. Personally I like UAF better and we like to chant that at games. Not to mention it bothers those down south.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                        Congrats to the Nanooks for a gritty win tonight. I was so disgusted with the UAA game that I watched the last half of the third period of the Nanook game. The way UA_ held the puck in the Tech zone for 4 straight minutes, and changed out their players until the Tech players were dead tired ... then scored the game winner ... it was a thing of beauty.

Tonight's UAA game, not so much. I thought UAA outplayed Ferris in the first and second periods, and out shot them overall 29-22. They played well enough to get some points ... but Stead had a really "off" night. Was he even ready to play when Ferris scored that first WEAK goal? No excuse!!!
                        What a great third period, first time this season winning a game when trailing after two periods. After a crazy two minute sequence to start the second, we had a great response. That last goal was crazy, dominating the play for so long. Wish we could play that way on the powerplay, though we have been better at that the last couple games. Hoping for another sweep after all these splits. GoNanooks!!

Comment

Athletics are branded as the Alaska Nanooks but the university itself is still the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Could you imagine the uproar from Anchorage elitists if we rebranded all of UAF as Alaska University? Or just only call ourselves University of Alaska? UAA is already trying to get rid of UAF completely and make themselves known as Alaska State University or something of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                            Athletics are branded as the Alaska Nanooks but the university itself is still the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Could you imagine the uproar from Anchorage elitists if we rebranded all of UAF as Alaska University? Or just only call ourselves University of Alaska? UAA is already trying to get rid of UAF completely and make themselves known as Alaska State University or something of that nature.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post

This is from an outsider, but I'm slightly confused as to the goalie choice this year in Anchorage. Carlson has a considerably better save %, and GAA, but Stead is getting the Friday night starts. Is there more to the story.

As an aside, I also couldn't figure out why Claeys didn't play more last year. Injuries?

Comment

Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                                This is from an outsider, but I'm slightly confused as to the goalie choice this year in Anchorage. Carlson has a considerably better save %, and GAA, but Stead is getting the Friday night starts. Is there more to the story.

As an aside, I also couldn't figure out why Claeys didn't play more last year. Injuries?
                                I believe it was personal issues with Claeys. As far as Stead, he has played much better than what we saw last night. But many more nights like that and he may well lose his Friday night start, IMHO.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X