Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
    Nanooks were severely out skated the first two periods, beat in almost every puck race. Thankfully we were able to keep it close and not go down 3-0. Now 4 of the last 5 games we have had at least a 2 goal deficit and not lost an official game. Looking for a stronger start tomorrow night! GoNanooks!
    It helps when a Jandric almost Cody Kunyk’d the Seawolves.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Not sure how I feel about Perrone starting tonight. The first goal scored by UA_ last night was extremely soft. Just last weekend Curly made the statement that Carlson was "the guy". Huh.
      Originally Posted by aparch
      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

You have to hand to this Alaska senior class as well as the rest of the team and coaches. They have endured a lot of off-ice distractions and stayed focused on both academics and hockey. Three head coaches in four years. A couple years of crippling budget proposals and even program ending discussions. The likely dissolution of the WCHA with no conference home on the horizon. The resulting challenges to our recruiting efforts. Add to that the toughest travel schedule in the country and the academic challenges that comes with that.

Yet here they are sitting in 4th place, in control of their own destiny for home ice. Pretty impressive actually. Let’s go boys. Finish strong.

Comment

MTU's outright loss to NMU tonight simplified things. The Nooks take 3 points and they host BGSU next week. The Nooks get anything less than 3 points and they travel to BGSU next week.

Nanooks Hockey Blog pointed out that:
          a. The Nooks need 3 points to host playoffs.
          b. The Seawolves need 3 points for a chance at the Gov Cup in a shootout.
          c. Is it possible that we could see both teams pull the goalie in a regulation OT?

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
            You have to hand to this Alaska senior class as well as the rest of the team and coaches. They have endured a lot of off-ice distractions and stayed focused on both academics and hockey. Three head coaches in four years. A couple years of crippling budget proposals and even program ending discussions. The likely dissolution of the WCHA with no conference home on the horizon. The resulting challenges to our recruiting efforts. Add to that the toughest travel schedule in the country and the academic challenges that comes with that.

Yet here they are sitting in 4th place, in control of their own destiny for home ice. Pretty impressive actually. Let’s go boys. Finish strong.
            Couldn’t have said it better myself. If we win tonight I hope all the flights to FAI are full and Bowling Green has to bus in from Edmonton.
            “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
              MTU's outright loss to NMU tonight simplified things. The Nooks take 3 points and they host BGSU next week. The Nooks get anything less than 3 points and they travel to BGSU next week.

Nanooks Hockey Blog pointed out that:
              a. The Nooks need 3 points to host playoffs.
              b. The Seawolves need 3 points for a chance at the Gov Cup in a shootout.
              c. Is it possible that we could see both teams pull the goalie in a regulation OT?
              Perhaps even more amazing is it wouldn’t be the first time we’ve had an empty net in OT in this series.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                Couldn’t have said it better myself. If we win tonight I hope all the flights to FAI are full and Bowling Green has to bus in from Edmonton.
                Who pays for tourney travel? The traveling team? Are we still locked into a subsidy?

Comment

Nice tribute to the senior class tonight Fairbanks. Classy and well done.

Edit that - the fans are not classy. The "Whats a Seawolf" non-stop chants when the UAA lineup was being called is simply bush league.
                  Last edited by Suze; 02-29-2020, 10:21 PM.
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    The thing I’ve learned in the past few days is everyone feels real bad about what’s happening to UAA and UAF but it’s not their fault and therefore they have no responsibility to help.
                    yup
                    Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                      Nice tribute to the senior class tonight Fairbanks. Classy and well done.

Edit that - the fans are not classy. The "Whats a Seawolf" non-stop chants when the UAA lineup was being called is simply bush league.
                      It’s good to know we are loud enough to be heard

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                        It’s good to know we are loud enough to be heard
                        Well it was pretty quiet since it was player intro's.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Time for bed here...it’s 11:00.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                            Well it was pretty quiet since it was player intro's.
                            JFC Suze give it a rest. Every fanbase does things like that.
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Well that was fun! In the last three games we have gone down 3-0, 2-0 and 1-0. We are getting better, maybe we will actually score first on Friday! Let’s keep it rolling this week against Bowling Green! And it was nice to have a good size crowd and have lots of noise this weekend! It definitely brings back memories.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoNanooks View Post
                                Well that was fun! In the last three games we have gone down 3-0, 2-0 and 1-0. We are getting better, maybe we will actually score first on Friday! Let’s keep it rolling this week against Bowling Green! And it was nice to have a good size crowd and have lots of noise this weekend! It definitely brings back memories.
                                Progress! Glad to see a good crowd last night.

Unfortunately our playoff crowds whenever we’ve hosted in the past are pretty sparse since it always conflicts with the start of spring break and the resulting mass exodus.

Obviously I want BG’s trip to be as miserable as possible for a variety of reasons, but regardless of what happens our band of misfits has had a heck of a season and should be proud of what they’ve accomplished. I knew going in to the season we had a chance to be good just based on who was returning, but when you pile on all the adversity between Governor Dumbleavy and the CCHA stunt it makes it that much more admirable. No wonder Ferris State wants us and Anchorage out of their league.

Comment

Working...
                                X