Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
    UAA people, what's the scoop on the ticket situation? I would like to watch the Governor's Cup series in your barn, but it would appear that there's some kind of shortage... I'm going to be in town anyway, so watching hockey would at least make my evenings slightly more pleasant.
    Lots of conflicting stories on ticket availability floating around.
    Perhaps your best bet would be to drop by the ticket office at the Alaska Airlines Center arena and ask to get the straight scoop on ticket availability.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
      Lots of conflicting stories on ticket availability floating around.
      Perhaps your best bet would be to drop by the ticket office at the Alaska Airlines Center arena and ask to get the straight scoop on ticket availability.
      Yikes. Certainly not the greatest of situations, but probably the best for the program. Hopefully it doesn't keep students away. Money-wise, you think they'd at least play this series at the Sullivan knowing it always draws the biggest crowd.

Hopefully I'll get a seat and outcheer your student section again
      Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Yikes. Certainly not the greatest of situations, but probably the best for the program. Hopefully it doesn't keep students away. Money-wise, you think they'd at least play this series at the Sullivan knowing it always draws the biggest crowd.

Better win big at Bingo or get lucky at Pull Tabs. .............The scalpers will not be cheap.
        Last edited by Alaska Hockey; 10-14-2019, 06:14 PM.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

It says to check back the week of the game to get tickets for every single series so I’m hoping this is just a tactic done to make sure they aren’t selling seats to people who won’t come. Otherwise I imagine us Nook fans can come up with another solution somehow to cheer on our boys.

Comment

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
            It says to check back the week of the game to get tickets for every single series so I’m hoping this is just a tactic done to make sure they aren’t selling seats to people who won’t come. Otherwise I imagine us Nook fans can come up with another solution somehow to cheer on our boys.

More like what mom used to do......"I'll tell you no later"
            UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Comment

The Alaska Nanooks are CHN team of the week.
              Good job boys. Keep it rolling at Penn State Thursday night.

Go Nooks!
              #RuleTheNorth

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post

Go Nooks!
                #RuleTheNorth
                That’s awesome!!!

Comment

Go Nooks!
                  #RuleTheNorth
                  Wow, you guys have played DU, Tech and now Penn St? UAA has had one series, against Maine, and won't have another one until they take on the Nanooks. I think the Nooks have a definite advantage.
                  Originally Posted by aparch
                  I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Yep, we should be in game shape as we head into the rest of the conf schedule. The down side is we don’t have a bye weekend until Dec 13, which is the weekend before break. So we don’t have a stretch to really work on problem areas, or to give anyone a chance to heal up from any injuries or catch up on academics if necessary. Just hope we stay healthy. But we should be firing on all cylinders for the Gov Cup. We will either be p**$ed if we lose to PSU, or playing with confidence if we beat them.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Yep, we should be in game shape as we head into the rest of the conf schedule. The down side is we don’t have a bye weekend until Dec 13, which is the weekend before break. So we don’t have a stretch to really work on problem areas, or to give anyone a chance to heal up from any injuries or catch up on academics if necessary. Just hope we stay healthy. But we should be firing on all cylinders for the Gov Cup. We will either be p**$ed if we lose to PSU, or playing with confidence if we beat them.
                      Are you drinking again?

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                        Are you drinking again?
                        Are you assuming I stopped?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
                          Are you drinking again?
                          Yes. I think I speak for most fans.

Yes.

Comment

Don't quit on the ice or behind the bar...

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post

Go Nooks!
                              #RuleTheNorth
                              They were featured on the CHN podcast which was great to hear. A lot.of.positive vibes from the hosts.

Sacred heart was with Penn State in shots both nights. Power play goals helped put the nail in the coffin though. Discipline is a big emphasis this weekend.

Comment

MMF - You need to update your signature....

Comment

Working...
                                X