Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

GNAC member Concordia University is shutting its doors at the end of this semester. Unfortunate news, and bad for the GNAC.
    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
      GNAC member Concordia University is shutting its doors at the end of this semester. Unfortunate news, and bad for the GNAC.
      Oof. That’s unexpected.

Though the GNAC should be ok, it’ll continue on with 10 schools now.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Last week the Nooks faced a vastly different team than BGSU. So this week we need to re-examine the 3 keys of the game.

The 3 keys of the game for this weekend’s series against BGSU:
        1. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
        2. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
        3. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.

Go Nooks!
        #RuleTheNorth
        #HomeIce

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
          Last week the Seawolves faced BGSU. So this week we need to re-examine the 3 keys of the game.

The 3 keys of the game for this weekend’s series against the Sun Devils:
          1. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
          2. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.
          3. Get shots on goal, scramble for the rebound.

[/B]
          There, fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
            There, fixed that for you.
            Ha! If only the guys would play like they did when they were .2 seconds away from beating Mankato!!
            Originally Posted by aparch
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I think the Seawolves can beat anyone on a given night. They've shown they can have the goaltending and scoring threat to do it. They just have to pull it all together at the right time!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                I think the Seawolves can beat anyone on a given night. They've shown they can have the goaltending and scoring threat to do it. They just have to pull it all together at the right time!
                Agreed!
                It's called learning how to win..

Comment

Game day. Let’s go boys. Home ice and a bit of pride on the line. Remember, the Nooks aren’t good enough for them. And BGSU has somewhat led that charge. If you can’t get up for this game and play every shift like it was your last, then you shouldn’t be playing at all.

Go Nooks!
                  #RuleTheNorth
                  #HomeIce
                  #VisitUsAgainInMarch

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
                    Game day. Let’s go boys. Home ice and a bit of pride on the line. Remember, the Nooks aren’t good enough for them. And BGSU has somewhat led that charge. If you can’t get up for this game and play every shift like it was your last, then you shouldn’t be playing at all.

Go Nooks!
                    #RuleTheNorth
                    #HomeIce
                    #VisitUsAgainInMarch
                    I thoroughly enjoyed last night’s W after being down 0-2, even if it was of the two point variety instead of three. It couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team.
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      I thoroughly enjoyed last night’s W after being down 0-2, even if it was of the two point variety instead of three. It couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team.
                      It is very encouraging when you know that we can actually score on a powerplay now. If we win tonight it will put us ten points above the falcons.

Comment

A tie or a win tonight keeps us in control of our own destiny for home ice.

Go Nooks!

Comment

Would love to see the Seawolves deep six ASU's pairwise tonight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Bucket View Post
                              They are certainly capable of it. When they played Mankato they got spanked 7-1 on Friday and nearly beat them on Friday but ended up with a tie. And Arizona State is not as talented as Mankato. Last night UAA was sleep walking through that game.
                              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

At least UAA scored two goals tonight … outshot Arizona … and the games were not league games, so there's that.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Working...
                                X