Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
    Fun fact: I think my mom met Suze when she came to Fairbanks years ago. And I’ve met JJ.

But in comparison to Mankato and BG or even the Minnesota Gophers, the what’s a seawolf chant during introductions is nothing is all I was trying to say...
    Oh I know that other teams do chants all the time … often times UAA fans shout "who cares" when the other team's line up is introduced. What I didn't like was the NON STOP chanting during the introductions so that it interfered with hearing the players being introduced. Clearly I am in the minority here, but I still say it was in very bad taste. And no I haven't been to a lot of other barns, but I do watch all the UAA away games as well as many other leagues games online, and I don't ever recall anything like this being done.

gfmorris - You'll have to refresh my memory. When did we meet?
    Last edited by Suze; 03-03-2020, 03:54 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      gfmorris - You'll have to refresh my memory. When did we meet?
      I could've sworn that you made the trip down at one point.

I could be confusing you with someone else. If so, I know who.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

I would like nothing more than both the Seawolves and the Nanooks to wipe out Mankato and BG, respectively. Moreso the Nanooks for not just my allegiance, but also for the CCHA crap and them having to travel here would make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
        Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

I just hope the Falcons bring their heavy windbreakers. Nighttime lows between -25F to -35F Wednesday and Thursday, before it warms up closer to -5F for the weekend.

Go Nooks!
          #RuleTheNorth

Comment

• Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.

Comment

Originally posted by mmf View Post
              I just hope the Falcons bring their heavy windbreakers. Nighttime lows between -25F to -35F Wednesday and Thursday, before it warms up closer to -5F for the weekend.

Go Nooks!
              #RuleTheNorth
              But it's a dry cold, right?

gfmorris - you are indeed confusing me with someone else.
              I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Well lets both get on to next year!

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  Low dosage of vitamins d helps cut down respatory infection by fifty percent. Ten to twenty micrograms per day.
                  Vitamin D3 (not D2, which is the synthetic form of it). My Dr tells me that most cancer patients have one thing in common - low levels of vitamin D.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
                    Well lets both get on to next year!
                    I am very proud of the way the team played last night. Not counting the empty netter just before the buzzer, it was a one goal game. It's definitely something to build on. This seasons freshmen are talented, and we have talent coming in next season as well. Too bad we didn't have Brown longer! So similar to the situation we had with Butcher. Both were great additions, but too short of a time with the team.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Chad Staley...RIP.
                      “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                        Chad Staley...RIP.
                        He was only 25. So sad. Memory eternal!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                          Chad Staley...RIP.
                          Heartbroken for the family and friends.

RIP #22

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Condolences.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Geez....so sorry to hear this...

Comment

Working...
                                X