Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by mmf View Post
    I hope it's a moot point, but I don't recall the Gov Cup being decided by goal differential. We tied in 2014-15 but there was no goal differential, and the Nooks won the shootout. We tied in 2011-12 and the Nooks had a 15-11 advantage on goals. But it went to a shootout and the Nooks won. I think the Brice Tourney was based on goal differential and we edged out UAA one year. But I have no idea what the rules are this weekend.
    Thanks. I thought a series was decided by goals one year at the Sully? Maybe not.

Edit: According to the presser from UAA:
    The series is tied 1-1 and if the season series ends in a tie, a three round shootout will decide the winner.
    Last edited by Suze; 02-25-2020, 08:42 PM.
    Originally Posted by aparch
    I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

What day did the Seawolves travel?
      Last edited by Seawolf Fan; 02-28-2020, 07:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seawolf Fan View Post
        What day did the Seawolves travel?
        When we go to Anchorage we typically go on Thursday.
        “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

UAF is gonna give UAA the win tonight right?

Remember, it’s for the greater good.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            UAF is gonna give UAA the win tonight right?

Remember, it’s for the greater good.
            Your up four on Ferris. How about we beat the crap out of you tonight and wait until tomorrow to see if you need our help. Then we'll talk about it...

Comment

• Originally posted by mmf View Post
              Your up four on Ferris. How about we beat the crap out of you tonight and wait until tomorrow to see if you need our help. Then we'll talk about it...
              Not worth the chance, better safe than sorry.
              I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Johnson State of the University today.
                https://www.alaska.edu/pres/sou/
                Start time 21: 38
                Approximate Transcript
                "Our mascots here at the University of Alaska, we have the great Seawolf here at UAA, and you know some folks up in Fairbanks ask the rhetorical question, "what is a Seawolf?" Well there are Seawolves, darn it! And if you look it up, they are pretty amazing. These are wolves in the North coast who actually get in the water, swim underwater,and actually catch salmon. So pretty impressive."

https://goseawolves.com/sports/2015/8/22/748867.aspx
                Although known as Gonakadet in the Tlingit tradition and Wasco by the Haida, this formidable creature was commonly referred to as the ‘Sea-Wolf.’ Among the most common fables was a version in which a noble young man, resilient in nature, uses his ingenuity to conquer the Sea-Wolf. Clad in the animal’s skin, he uses its strength and magical powers to fish for sea life, thereby saving his village from starvation.
                Simultaneously strong, generous and humble, the Sea-Wolf was also said to bring great luck and wealth to anyone fortunate enough to spy it, or hear its soulful howl. The name fit perfectly with UAA and the image it wished to portray.

Smh......

Comment

The pressure is off UAA. LSSU Is up 5-0 late in the game at Ferris.

Comment

Congrats on the playoffs, UAA. Well deserved and glad you are back in.

Now, if you could just roll over this weekend so that Bowling Green has to spend spring break in Fairbanks we would appreciate it!
                    “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                      Congrats on the playoffs, UAA. Well deserved and glad you are back in.

Now, if you could just roll over this weekend so that Bowling Green has to spend spring break in Fairbanks we would appreciate it!
                      I would like nothing more than for UA_ to host AND sweep a home playoff series. But not at the cost of a win against UAA.
                      I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Is Camrud hurt? Surprised to not see him in the lineup.

Comment

• Originally posted by UAFIceAngel View Post
                          Is Camrud hurt? Surprised to not see him in the lineup.
                          I don’t think so. Personally I wasn’t happy with his past few games ... too undisciplined and probably cost us the win against Mankato.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

UAA dominates for two periods, and then falls apart in the 3rd. Yep. That's my team. Nanooks you may still get home ice for the playoffs!

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                              UAA dominates for two periods, and then falls apart in the 3rd. Yep. That's my team. Nanooks you may still get home ice for the playoffs!
                              Well, at least they didn’t choke it away in the last 10 seconds. So that’s progress.
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Nanooks were severely out skated the first two periods, beat in almost every puck race. Thankfully we were able to keep it close and not go down 3-0. Now 4 of the last 5 games we have had at least a 2 goal deficit and not lost an official game. Looking for a stronger start tomorrow night! GoNanooks!

Comment

Working...
                                X