Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Was able to snag two tickets for Fridays game against UNO. Does anyone know if they sell beer and what the prices are like? I would assume like the Sully but since the Gov Cup games were sold out, this will be my first game at the SSC. Thanks

Comment

• Re: Alaska / UAA : the Strategic, Restructured, Combined 2019-20 Season Thread.

Originally posted by Suze View Post
      Thanks for the info, a well deserved honor!! He's gonna be fun to watch, and I am so glad his dad was there to see him score!
      A well deserved honour. He is from Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post
        Was able to snag two tickets for Fridays game against UNO. Does anyone know if they sell beer and what the prices are like? I would assume like the Sully but since the Gov Cup games were sold out, this will be my first game at the SSC. Thanks
        Bring a wad of sawbucks and be happy you are lucky enough to be there.
        Alaska Dispatch .... Doyle Woody
        UAF made the kind of hockey history on October 10th 2015 that no team wants to claim – the Nanooks became the first NCAA Division I victim of Arizona State.

Originally Posted by WeWantMore At least you guys have Packers colors.

I Must be Famous ....a School named their program after me

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
          A well deserved honour. He is from Canada
          Touche!!
          Originally Posted by aparch
          I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

I have not been there, but I was told beer is $9.
            I love the "UA_" comment. When I see it, I think of re-runs of Match Game, and Gene Rayburn going "U, A, Blank... UA blank"

From ADN:

"According to NCAA, the (UAF) hockey team used ineligible players in every game played from the 2007-08 season to the 2010-11 season. Over that span, the wins and ties will all become losses. 4 wins and 2 ties came against rival UAA".

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaska Hockey View Post
              Bring a wad of sawbucks and be happy you are lucky enough to be there.
              No Joke, I was able to jump on and get two out of three seats available for Friday. They were all singles and all in different sections. May be the only game I go to due to other commitments and lack of ticket availability

Comment

I have not been there, but I was told beer is $9.
                Thanks, I may wait until after the game to grab a beer at that price.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alaska1986 View Post
                  Thanks, I may wait until after the game to grab a beer at that price.
                  And that’s bud light prices. For a 12oz cup.

Just... yikes.
                  Visit the Alaska Nanooks Hockey Blog at http://nanookhockey.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by UAFHockeyFan314 View Post
                    And that’s bud light prices. For a 12oz cup.

Just... yikes.
                    I think the last time I was at the Sully it was like $7.50 for a 16 can bud, or $8.50 for a 12 oz draft. Regardless, them charging $5 for parking when its suppose to be free after 7pm is just one way to rip us off...cough cough... I mean create revenue. I can't imagine what the concession stands charge. Will find out on Friday. Also planning on going out to eat before the game.

Comment

I think the last time I was at the Sully it was like $7.50 for a 16 can bud, or $8.50 for a 12 oz draft. Regardless, them charging $5 for parking when its suppose to be free after 7pm is just one way to rip us off...cough cough... I mean create revenue. I can't imagine what the concession stands charge. Will find out on Friday. Also planning on going out to eat before the game.
                      There are areas on campus where you can park free. The Sully always charged $5 for parking, how is this any different?

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

There are areas on campus where you can park free. The Sully always charged $5 for parking, how is this any different?
                        That is true they did charge, but I remember going to b-ball games at Wells Fargo and it was always free to park after 7pm

Comment

This loser must have gotten picked last.

https://www.adn.com/opinions/letters...s-are-baloney/
                          “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

That is true they did charge, but I remember going to b-ball games at Wells Fargo and it was always free to park after 7pm
                            The only justification I can see is that hockey is a LOT more expensive to support than BBall.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Squarebanks View Post
                              This loser must have gotten picked last.

https://www.adn.com/opinions/letters...s-are-baloney/
                              Ugh, I can't read it because we don't have a subscription. And the ADN has finally caught on to incognito surfing.

From ADN:

UAF is 56-86-12 vs. UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Suze View Post
                                Ugh, I can't read it because we don't have a subscription. And the ADN has finally caught on to incognito surfing.
                                His second-to-last sentence sums it up nicely: “UAA students show little to no interest in intercollegiate events because they’re too busy with academics and life, which is the way it should be.”
                                “We offer no apology for our location at 64 51’21’’ north latitude. We are building for the future and we are confident that well directed effort and education are the forces which make progress possible”

—UA President Charles E. Bunnell, 1925

Comment

Working...
                                X