Pete
    Biden

No bet on:
    Booker
    Harris
    I sense a pattern...
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers V: Bye Felicia

I’m not even sure the worst of those candidates would lose MN but if that happened it’s obvious that they lost every actual swing state and some other outliers, at which point it’s not like MN lost them the election.

I don’t really get scooby’s ongoing fixation of MN turning red.
      Last edited by trixR4kids; 09-06-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Interesting how I keep hearing this in weird places. Watching cable news and a NY Times Reporter was asked about how the White House feels about 2020. Reporter says the White House is always concerned about 2020, they feel they need to win the same states they did last time........they also feel they can play offense in MINNESOTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, apparently based on what I hear around here the Republicans are the stupidest party on earth. Cause they seem to think Minnesota is in play yet we all know it can't be in play. Just mention the possibility around here and you'll feel the heat.

I'd still like to know AND it's all I've ever asked on this topic and I never get a solid answer. Why? Why do they think this state of all the other states in the country they could possibly flip is the one? Rural? Surrounded by Red? What is it? That's all I ever wanted to know.
        I agree. MN is not in play. Maybe they are basing it on the 3 (4?) somewhat big urban areas? Mpls/St Paul I count as one area. Duluth, Rochester.....St Cloud? *shrug* look at MN's presidential history...The R's take is silly.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yep. No answer. Typical.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Yep. No answer. Typical.
            There was an answer and you refuse to see it. We have a LOT of rural areas, but do they outweigh the urban areas? I don't think so.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              There was an answer and you refuse to see it. We have a LOT of rural areas, but do they outweigh the urban areas? I don't think so.
              That's not what I asked. Just forget it. Every time I try it fails. This board is good but this topic never works.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

That's not what I asked. Just forget it. Every time I try it fails. This board is good but this topic never works.
                You asked why do Rs think MN can flip. I answered because of the rural areas, however I think the urban areas overpower the rural, which means it stays D.

It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  You asked why do Rs think MN can flip. I answered because of the rural areas, however I think the urban areas overpower the rural, which means it stays D.

It's that simple.
                  No. That's not what I asked. I already know that. Just stop.

Comment

Why? Why do they think this state of all the other states in the country they could possibly flip is the one? Rural? Surrounded by Red? What is it? That's all I ever wanted to know.
                    Huh. Next?

Comment

No. That's not what I asked. I already know that. Just stop.
                      What did you ask then?

Comment

That seemed like a pretty straightforward answer to the question that was asked. The theory floated by the R's is that the rural areas in Minnesota (and xenophobia of Ilhan Omar!) would flip the state.

I have a different theory though. The R's don't actually think MN is in play. They are talking like it is to change the narrative. Right now the narrative is that a bunch of red states are possible flips in the next election. They hope to get networks to report that a safe blue state like Minnesota is at risk of flipping. They also hope maybe they can talk a good enough game that the Democrats devote more resources to Minnesota than needed and are unable to use those resources elsewhere. Don't buy it for a second and any high level Democrat that falls for such foolishness should never work in politics again.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                          That seemed like a pretty straightforward answer to the question that was asked. The theory floated by the R's is that the rural areas in Minnesota (and xenophobia of Ilhan Omar!) would flip the state.

I have a different theory though. The R's don't actually think MN is in play. They are talking like it is to change the narrative. Right now the narrative is that a bunch of red states are possible flips in the next election. They hope to get networks to report that a safe blue state like Minnesota is at risk of flipping. They also hope maybe they can talk a good enough game that the Democrats devote more resources to Minnesota than needed and are unable to use those resources elsewhere. Don't buy it for a second and any high level Democrat that falls for such foolishness should never work in politics again.
                          Thank you. That's all I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

That's a good take.

Hey, Scoob, look at that first line. Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I sense a pattern...
                              I figured someone was going to say that. I figured it was going to be someone without any scruples. Or a moron. :-/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012...n_in_Minnesota

Weird.

Maybe it’s possible we just don’t like coastal opportunists who don’t take the time to hide it. Maybe we don’t like disingenuous smug arseholes who think they’re better than us because we live 1,000 miles from the coast and have the audacity to... embrace it
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-06-2019, 11:32 PM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I figured someone was going to say that. I figured it was going to be someone without any scruples. Or a moron. :-/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012...n_in_Minnesota

Weird.

Maybe it’s possible we just don’t like coastal opportunists who don’t take the time to hide it. Maybe we don’t like disingenuous smug arseholes who think they’re better than us because we live 1,000 miles from the coast and have the audacity to... embrace it
                                Kinda all this.

Even economically, the depressions/recessions/booms, we don't move to the extremes. We just do what we do, keep consistent (for the most part) and don't over react one way or the other. We "simpletons" figure we'll stay the course, it'll balance out eventually. Don't spend more than you can afford, and don't be in anyone's pocket if you don't have to.

Comment

Working...
                                X