X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
    I agree there is the one person that does their own thing.

As far as Deadpool, is 2 as good as 1? No. Part of Deadpool 1 is the element of WTeff? Now that you expect it, it loses some luster. DP2 is still good, but not even close to the level of DP1.
    Right, it doesn't have the novelty of 1 so it loses a little luster, but is still good. The parachuting scene was great because it wasn't expected, though.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Right, it doesn't have the novelty of 1 so it loses a little luster, but is still good. The parachuting scene was great because it wasn't expected, though.
      I can agree with that. IMO, Domino was overhyped, but very good, also.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        I think I've said this before, but I'm not a comic book guy. I saw the Nolan trilogy and liked it. I saw the first Iron Man movie after some prodding from MTU friends and liked it, but didn't follow-up with the sequels.

Seeing the trailers for Joker, I'm pretty interested.
        Ditto

Deadpool - meh.
        You lost me
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

That part is the only part that was enjoyable to me. Part of it is the novelty wore out but part of was also it just wasnt as funny or as clever. The whole idea of the way the film is presented is walking a tightrope between hilarious and annoying and the first one did it perfect and the second one (imho) did not.

It is like the show Community. The first couple of seasons are brilliant but when it started to lose its mojo it happened fast and hard. Sure an episode here or there would still be great but overall pretty bad. Inside jokes and breaking the 4th wall only work so much and if they are all you have then in reality you have nothing.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Rob Delaney was brilliant in that scene.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              You lost me
              For the most part, I just flat-out missed the jokes. I mean, yeah it's a decently-constructed film, but...

Comment

Ready or Not is pretty good.

Comment

Caught "The Siege" on HBO tonight (well, it's still on as I type this). Eerie how this film is still relevant 21 years later.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Caught "The Siege" on HBO tonight (well, it's still on as I type this). Eerie how this film is still relevant 21 years later.
                    Eerie how much it was correct it was 3 years BEFORE 9/11.

I love that film.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is why I love Natural Born Killers and that take on media. Guess what?
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

... I mean, yeah it's a decently-constructed film, but...
                        so it doesn't unravel nor fall apart off the reel in the the theatre??
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Eerie how much it was correct it was 3 years BEFORE 9/11.

I love that film.
                          Love that movie. Too prescient.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Love that movie. Too prescient.
                            "After the abduction by the US military of an Islamic religious leader, New York City becomes the target of escalating terrorist attacks. Anthony Hubbard, the head of the FBI's Counter-Terrorism Task Force in New York, teams up with CIA operative Elise Kraft to hunt down the terrorist cells responsible for the attacks. As the bombings continue, the US government responds by declaring martial law, sending US troops, led by Gen. Devereaux, into the streets of New York City."

...so denzel and benning hunt down the us military?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              "After the abduction by the US military of an Islamic religious leader, New York City becomes the target of escalating terrorist attacks. Anthony Hubbard, the head of the FBI's Counter-Terrorism Task Force in New York, teams up with CIA operative Elise Kraft to hunt down the terrorist cells responsible for the attacks. As the bombings continue, the US government responds by declaring martial law, sending US troops, led by Gen. Devereaux, into the streets of New York City."

...so denzel and benning hunt down the us military?!?!
                              More like the US Military hunts down Benning while Denzel tries to solve the case as Bruce Willis goes nuts on every person in Brooklyn who even looks Islamic (including Denzel's FBI partner)

I'd say you'd like it, but you'd probably say the wrong team wins.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                                More like the US Military hunts down Benning while Denzel tries to solve the case as Bruce Willis goes nuts on every person in Brooklyn who even looks Islamic (including Denzel's FBI partner)

I'd say you'd like it, but you'd probably say the wrong team wins.
                                mookie will look for it. odd that he's never seen it given it's age.

Comment

Working...
                                X