This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

95% of the stuff the Onion puts out isnt close to believable yet they are considered good satire.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Unsane:
      A young woman is involuntarily committed to a mental institution, due to a previous stalker issue, where she is confronted by her greatest fear: she sees a faculty member that she believes is her stalker--but is it real or a product of her delusion?

Good plot, well-written in dealing with the circumstances of being committed. The execution was somewhat lacking. I cannot give it the Lifetime Channel Badge of Shame, though. It borders between a time-killer and a decent movie. A twist or two is somewhat hidden, credit to that.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        95% of the stuff the Onion puts out isnt close to believable yet they are considered good satire.
        The Onion is so good because what they put out is perilously close to reality and a true reflection of the nonsense of human kind in this day and age. So many are people are so cracked that it's not unbelievable to imagine what they write could happen.

Comment

Joker was a completely different film the second time than the first and I loved it for completely different reasons. I cant even really explain it just trust me when I say I had a completely different reaction and it was just as visceral.

Took my 72 year old father (big Batman guy who loves Taxi Driver and King of Comedy) and he could not stop gushing about it.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Joker was a completely different film the second time than the first and I loved it for completely different reasons. I cant even really explain it just trust me when I say I had a completely different reaction and it was just as visceral.

Took my 72 year old father (big Batman guy who loves Taxi Driver and King of Comedy) and he could not stop gushing about it.
            I'm expecting that the next time I see it. I have quite a few days off in the next couple of weeks. It needs to be watched again.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

Well, if you want the "Breaking Bad Style," you get it, and it's amped up to 12. Very slow burns, then bursts of energy, repeat. Overall, a solid movie, definite closure on the whole ordeal. It kept with the show, meaning that it didn't try to do anything different since they knew they'd get the viewers. There is no real shock-and-awe, or "hey let's really twist it just because we can!" and that is appreciated. They stayed true to the course. If you have watched the series, you should really see this.

Comment

Renee Zellweger is fantastics as Judy Garland in Judy. A chronicle of some of her last days on Earth. A very sad American story. Highly recommend it. It shows the dark side of fame and what was wrong with the studio system back in the day. Shines a bright light on it.

I'm glad I went to see it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Renee Zellweger is fantastics as Judy Garland in Judy. A chronicle of some of her last days on Earth. A very sad American story. Highly recommend it. It shows the dark side of fame and what was wrong with the studio system back in the day. Shines a bright light on it.

I'm glad I went to see it.
                  We saw it today. Zellweger def Oscar nod. Like Louis B. Mayer said to the effect of "a million boys have a crush on you". Wizard is, and always will be, one of my top 5 movies. Lost track of Garland except the dirt I read/saw on the news and then quickly forgot but this is def a must see.
                  A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Today's reboot/sequel/prequel: Training Day at Warner. The prequel is set in the days leading up to the Rodney King verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      We saw it today. Zellweger def Oscar nod. Like Louis B. Mayer said to the effect of "a million boys have a crush on you". Wizard is, and always will be, one of my top 5 movies. Lost track of Garland except the dirt I read/saw on the news and then quickly forgot but this is def a must see.
                      I want to see it, but Renee...my distaste for her is the equivalent of the heat of 1000 suns.

(and Wizard is also insta-HOF personal fave of mine, and I'll have words with anyone who dislikes it).

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                        I want to see it, but Renee...my distaste for her is the equivalent of the heat of 1000 suns.
                        As my dad used to say, she's a low-talker and you can barely hear her if you're watching one of her movies on TV. I found it hard to disagree.

So in that regard, late-career, Seconal-addicted Judy actually seems like it might be a great role for her.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                            That's wonderful.

Comment

That is awesome.

Comment

Two thumbs up!!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X