This week's new releases

Downton Abbey 85%
    Villains 84%
    Ad Astra 82%
    Rambo: Last Blood 30%

~ One of these things is not like the other... ~

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

I didn't think Ad Astra was coming out until Christmas.

I know what I'm doing Sunday.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        I didn't think Ad Astra was coming out until Christmas.

I know what I'm doing Sunday.
        There's a small Indy film about space coming out at Christmas.

Comment

next to the milking stand.
          I LOLed
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
            As a movie it was good. As a portrayal of facts it was so far off base you’d think they tried to obscure the how and why. McNamara never met Katherine, and Ellsberg being really an after thought was criminal. And there’s more omissions etc but I digress
            It's Hollywood. I've come to expect that part of it.

As for Oregon Trail, I played the first version, I think. When you hunted, it was first-person-shooter, and you had to time your shot vs the deer running across the screen. (Apple IIc, the IIe's were fancy-schmancy).
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              This week's new releases

Downton Abbey 85%
              Villains 84%
              Ad Astra 82%
              Rambo: Last Blood 30%

~ One of these things is not like the other... ~
              I am seeing Rambo and Ad Astra tomorrow. I am gonna like them both for different reasons
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Never ever considered Oregon trail. Rather stick needles and mookie's eyes
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No, I was joking about Minnesota and flyover the way I always joke, because you people think I actually think flyover vs coast matters.

I don't care. I don't care where you're from. It doesn't matter. But the constant whining and sensitivity from flyovers thinking coasties care is what's hilarious. We never once think about it. We know it doesn't matter.
                  Who here has referred to it as "flyover" besides you? No one else talks about until you initiate the topic. Are there no mirrors in your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Who here has referred to it as "flyover" besides you? No one else talks about until you initiate the topic. Are there no mirrors in your house?
                    I never used the term until one of you lot did. It's not a word I use because it's not something I'd even have ever thought about.

It's like the old joke about cities.

Boston: "I'm just as good a city as you!"

Chicago: "No you're not."

Seattle: "Of course you are."

New York: "Wait. Other cities?"
                    But once it became obvious it was something you cared about then off to the races, like pulling the Pats' fans tails about their rub & tug owner, cheater coach, and (admittedly, GOAT) sillier-than-Scientologist QB.

Think about it. The smartest person on the Cafe is uno. The nicest person on the Cafe is dx. IINM they are each both from and (either always or again) live in "flyover." OTOH, the dumbest people on the Cafe are from Boston and the meanest person on the Cafe is, well, me. Coasties suck. Take a cage and cram thirty more rats in it than can comfortably fit. Of course we suck.

If I was going to rank order the places on Earth I'd like to live and/or be with people, every flyover location (caveat: north of Kansas City) would rank above every east coast location.

The west coast is better, but, hey, no illustration can have everything.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 09-21-2019, 09:04 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ad Astra has the perfect RT ratio: 82% critics, 48% audience.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        I never used the term until one of you lot did. It's not a word I use because it's not something I'd even have ever thought about.

It's like the old joke about cities.

But once it became obvious it was something you cared about then off to the races, like pulling the Pats' fans tails about their rub & tug owner, cheater coach, and (admittedly, GOAT) sillier-than-Scientologist QB.

Think about it. The smartest person on the Cafe is uno. The nicest person on the Cafe is dx. IINM they are each both from and (either always or again) live in "flyover." OTOH, the dumbest people on the Cafe are from Boston and the meanest person on the Cafe is, well, me. Coasties suck. Take a cage and cram thirty more rats in it than can comfortably fit. Of course we suck.

If I was going to rank order the places on Earth I'd like to live and/or be with people, every flyover location (caveat: north of Kansas City) would rank above every east coast location.

The west coast is better, but, hey, no illustration can have everything.
                        I never demonstrated I cared about it - the only thing i talked about was a game and when I started playing it. I didn't use the term. Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          I think I might sneak and see that alone today.

Comment

I have heard both good and bad things about the film. Seems either you can stand how slow it is or you cant. 48% audience score is pretty bad though which does not bold well for its box office in the long run.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

demi moore now regrets having threesomes with ashton
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                demi moore now regrets having threesomes with ashton
                                Patrick Swayze turns white as a ghost
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X