X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Hurt Locker should be higher.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is too high - it's good, not great.
    I did not see the appeal of grand Budapest.

Gladiator, call me by your name should be higher. Glad to see Before Sunset and Philomena on there.

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Gladiator is a quintessential dick flick. It's fine where it is, maybe should be a little higher.

Comment

MoviePass is finally dead. It did create a significant disruption but wasn't able to find a business model that worked, and mob tactics failed as well. It did hasten the arrival of subscription plans like AMC A-List and Regal Unlimited so that was good. I was a member for four years (even before the price drop) and saved well over $1000 over that time and saw movies I wouldn't have seen otherwise. But the company was shady as hell and did try those mob tactics with the theaters, so it will not be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Guardian's top 100 so far this century. yea or nay?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century
          No Super Hero movies in the top 62, prepare for major squealing.

List seems about right. No glaring omissions that I can see. Lots of movies on there I have not seen yet.

I can't believe Mulholland Drive is 2001. Seems like about 40 years ago.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

List seems about right. No glaring omissions that I can see. Lots of movies on there I have not seen yet.

1 Tarantino Film? And not even close to the best one since 2000. Not even close. The list is garbage.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              1 Tarantino Film? And not even close to the best one since 2000.
              Fair criticism.

I would expect:

Hateful Eight
              Kill Bill 1
              Pulp Fiction <-- nope. 1994
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Guardian's top 100 so far this century. yea or nay?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century
                Ted > No Country for Old Men?

Lol. Might as well have gotten drunk and thrown darts.

Next.

Edit: scooby nailed it

Edit 2: Get Out at 25? Omg no. Terrible.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Ted > No Country for Old Men?
                  Yes, but only because No Country sucked. There, I said it. Watch Hell or High Water instead. It's what NCfOM would have been if everyone on it was mainlining horse tranquilizers.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

And the only two superhero movies are The Dark Knight and The Incredibles.

And The Incredibles is the only Pixar movie? No Up? Boo.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Hell Or High Water is awesome. But yeah, that list is garbage.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Yes, but only because No Country sucked. There, I said it. Watch Hell or High Water instead. It's what NCfOM would have been if everyone on it was mainlining horse tranquilizers.

NCFOM is the ultimate example of people liking a movie because they are supposed to like it. Awkward silence and scenes where characters stare for no reason doesnt make something a great film.

The Cohen Brothers best film will always be Raising Arizona.

I havent read the list but the few things I have heard about it makes me not want to read it anyways.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The straight Mom is a hoot.
                          When she finds the vibrators... HA!

The movie is still relevant today.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

NCFOM is the ultimate example of people liking a movie because they are supposed to like it.
                            Sure it is.

Comment

so mookie’s all time #1 makes the list (at 77)

These are better served with a link for each movie on where to go and stream. Sure different countries, etc. but at least a start
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Oh and I completely missed Gravity on there. Way too high. It was good, but not that good. I’m shocked Inception, Interstellar, Spiderverse, Three Billboards, Kill Bill, Django, and of the lord of the rings, Pixar, and revenant didn’t make it. Little surprised Downfall didn’t make it.

I am happy The Departed didn’t make it.

Oh man, arrival wasn’t on there. Neither was Dunkirk. Also glad Shape of Water didn’t make it, blech. La La Land probably should have made the top 100. Manchester by the Sea didn’t make it (so good even Kepler loved this Boston love-fest).
                                Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-14-2019, 09:40 AM.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X