This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Your Independents are distributors like A24, STX, Blumhouse, and Annapurna. And they make up like 10% of the total screen time that you'll see offered at your local AMC/Regal/etc.
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      Your Independents are distributors like A24, STX, Blumhouse, and Annapurna. And they make up like 10% of the total screen time that you'll see offered at your local AMC/Regal/etc.
      2019 market share:
      Disney 35% (just seven films!)
      Universal 15%
      Time Warner 13%
      Sony 12%
      Lionsgate 6%
      Viacom 5%
      Fox (NewsCorp) 4%

The other 123 studios: 10% total
      STX 2.1%, A24 .7%, Annapurna .5%

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        United Artists had a string of duds at the end which forced it to sell to MGM.
        IIRC, Heaven's Gate was the movie that put UA out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          That's a big reason I like Netflix. They have a TON of indie movies, many times with big Hollywood stars, that will only be seen at art-houses at best. Matty McC is awesome in indie movies. Mud, Gold, Sea Of Trees...(and correct if I'm wrong on any of these, btw).
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Kong: Skull Island

Good take on the story. I liked it. Some of the humor could go away (some of John C Reilly's quotes are below meh), and that's a nitpick. Some of the seemingly obvious hinted-at storylines never materialized, and that was for the better (the 2 romance angles that could have been). Worth watching.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You Are Here

It was a unique and emotional experience. I know Fathom advertised it as a one night special engagement but I hope another presentation is scheduled. More people need to see the warmth and generosity shown by the people in that community to complete and total strangers. It is incredibly moving. When you have a chance I hope you will see this. It's a life-altering movie.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                Kong: Skull Island

Good take on the story. I liked it. Some of the humor could go away (some of John C Reilly's quotes are below meh), and that's a nitpick. Some of the seemingly obvious hinted-at storylines never materialized, and that was for the better (the 2 romance angles that could have been). Worth watching.
                I watched this when I had the flu and was stuck on the couch. I thought it was hilariously funny / bad but also very entertaining. I was also on some really seriously good drugs, though.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It's been awhile since a skulls movie was out. Mookie loved skull island. All that booze and chicks. Duels. Awesome

Thought they lost favor with the absence of ylaeies in and running for the WH
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

It: Chapter 3: Retirement Home

Comment

Since I always celebrate Pride, I picked up a few movies from Amazon.

Tangerine
                      Better Than Chocolate
                      Carol
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Since I always celebrate Pride, I picked up a few movies from Amazon.

Tangerine
                        Better Than Chocolate
                        Carol
                        The second one is weird, but very watchable.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Guardian's top 100 so far this century. yea or nay?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            The second one is weird, but very watchable.
                            You've watched a lesbian rom-com? Thanks for the review.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                              You've watched a lesbian rom-com? Thanks for the review.
                              The straight Mom is a hoot.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                Guardian's top 100 so far this century. yea or nay?

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...e-21st-century
                                The Hurt Locker should be higher.

The Grand Budapest Hotel is too high - it's good, not great.
                                Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-13-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X