This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The date is news but the film has been in the hopper for 5 years. The only reason Shazam happened was because The Rock wanted to make Black Adam.
    Longer than that. The Rock has been attached since 2007. Yes, since the Bush administration. Before the housing bubble burst. When people thought casting a gay cowboy as the Joker was a huge mistake. Twilight was just a series of books...

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Great news! Daniel Kaluuya and Mattel are teaming up for a new Barney movie!

I hate you
      You hate me
      We're a dysfunctional family
      With a great big club
      Knock him to the floor.
      No more purple dinosaur.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        Great news! Daniel Kaluuya and Mattel are teaming up for a new Barney movie!

I hate you
        You hate me
        We're a dysfunctional family
        With a great big club
        Knock him to the floor.
        No more purple dinosaur.
        I love you
        You love me
        Homosexuality
        All the people think that
        We are only friends
        But we’re really lesbians
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Zombieland: Double Tap

I was leery of this one, as some sequels really sh* the bed (Anchorman 2, looking at YOU specifically). I was wrong, and I loved being wrong. It kept the spirit of the first one, It was very entertaining, I actually guffawed a couple times. The blonde (shown in the trailer) NAILED her performance. I f*ing wanted to shoot her within 30 seconds (if I'm being generous). It was a "mind asplode" experience.

The other new characters in the story were solid, it's just a rip-roarin' movie, as I hoped it would be. And with sequels, that is the least I can ask, and they surpassed it.

And I heard the parody like this:
          I hate you, you hate me. Barney gave you HIV, it started with a kiss but then he wanted more. You got raped by a dinosaur!
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The Killing Fields

Worth a go
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

A Simple Favor:

Stephanie is a single mother with a parenting vlog who befriends Emily, a secretive upper-class woman who has a child at the same elementary school. When Emily goes missing, Stephanie takes it upon herself to investigate.

This is a total two-faced movie. Some moments are brilliant dark comedy, and other moments are pure Lifetime Channel unadulterated sh*. I can honestly say that the only reason I stuck with it, is because it kept hooking me in as to what is the next twist, and I knew it was going to be a train wreck, but it'd be a fun train wreck. I just had to see how it all played out.

IF you want to take a chance on it, make it a Saturday afternoon time-killer, as I did. You won't feel as guilty. Every time you see hope in this movie, that hope is stomped out in the next few minutes. Repeat.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

The final Star Wars IX trailer will feature on Monday Night Football this week and then tickets will go on sale as soon as it airs. Also, AMC has announced that on Wednesday 18 December a marathon of all nine films will begin at select theaters, with Episode IX capping it at 5pm on Friday 20 December - an hour before the scheduled debut. In all the marathon will be over 27 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  The final Star Wars IX trailer will feature on Monday Night Football this week and then tickets will go on sale as soon as it airs. Also, AMC has announced that on Wednesday 18 December a marathon of all nine films will begin at select theaters, with Episode IX capping it at 5pm on Friday 20 December - an hour before the scheduled debut. In all the marathon will be over 27 hours.
                  The new SW, that will be an early morning matinee on opening weekend. Won't be able to avoid spoilers unless I go off the grid. I look forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    A Simple Favor:

Stephanie is a single mother with a parenting vlog who befriends Emily, a secretive upper-class woman who has a child at the same elementary school. When Emily goes missing, Stephanie takes it upon herself to investigate.

This is a total two-faced movie. Some moments are brilliant dark comedy, and other moments are pure Lifetime Channel unadulterated sh*. I can honestly say that the only reason I stuck with it, is because it kept hooking me in as to what is the next twist, and I knew it was going to be a train wreck, but it'd be a fun train wreck. I just had to see how it all played out.

IF you want to take a chance on it, make it a Saturday afternoon time-killer, as I did. You won't feel as guilty. Every time you see hope in this movie, that hope is stomped out in the next few minutes. Repeat.
                    God that movie sucked...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                      A Simple Favor:
                      Every time you see hope in this movie, that hope is stomped out in the next few minutes. Repeat.
                      Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      God that movie sucked...
                      Oh. I thought it would be a fun thriller with who was cast. Glad I held off on buying the Blu-Ray; I'll just catch it on whichever movie channel is streaming it.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        Oh. I thought it would be a fun thriller with who was cast. Glad I held off on buying the Blu-Ray; I'll just catch it on whichever movie channel is streaming it.
                        Ditto.

I will say, Anna Kendrick does well at playing the dorky mom, and Blake Lively plays a perfect b*tch.

Comment

Yeah but the story itself was just awful. Too many attempts to be clever by having weird story changes and twists and WAY too much of "If we try and make every character both good AND somewhat off kilter we will get more people to like this cliche ridden piece of crap script" for its own good. Whoever wrote it put in no real effort to be witty or creative until it became obvious the script was crap and then they tried to add a bunch of pathos that made almost no sense.

If anyone but Blake and Anna had been in the film it would have disappeared without a trace but they try their butts off to make the film at least watchable.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Yeah but the story itself was just awful. Too many attempts to be clever by having weird story changes and twists and WAY too much of "If we try and make every character both good AND somewhat off kilter we will get more people to like this cliche ridden piece of crap script" for its own good. Whoever wrote it put in no real effort to be witty or creative until it became obvious the script was crap and then they tried to add a bunch of pathos that made almost no sense.

If anyone but Blake and Anna had been in the film it would have disappeared without a trace but they try their butts off to make the film at least watchable.
                            Completely agree.

Comment

Alls I knows is a girl from my high school class was in that movie.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I saw that garbage in the theater. My friends and I walked out wondering *** that movie was trying to do.
                                Only other movie my friends and I had same reaction to walking out was la la land lol

Comment

Working...
                                X