X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm cool with that. I like that they keep trying.

I'm highly skeptical that I will be a fan of this version. It wasn't done very well in Gotham either. Heath Ledger set a very high bar.
    Well the thing is Joker has been around 80 years so even if you hold that Ledger's is the best that doesnt discount other versions as well. To many Hamill's version in the cartoon is the definitive. Sometimes the Joker is sadistic and evil (Killing Joke style) and sometimes he is more comedic (early versions of the character, Emperor Joker) but they can all have their place...even Jerome who was just a Ledger ripoff.

I think the movie is going to be great...I doubt it will be my favorite version of the character (most likely he will resemble Travis Bickel in my head more than Joker) but I bet it will be good for what it is.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Honestly I thought Jerome was awesome
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
        bueller
        If it worked = brilliant.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          I loved Logan. And the last X-Men film I saw was X2.

I'm warming up to Joker.
          I was really hoping Logan is going to recover from illness on that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy26 View Post
            I was really hoping Logan is going to recover from illness on that movie.
            Logan is a waste of film.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Logan is a waste of film.
              Wow...I am not sure I have seen an opinion like that out of you since the prequels

As for Jerome...I dont mind him...just think they went a bit too far down the Ledger characterization which I dont think really fit Gotham. I think that held him back. I would have made him closer to the Animated Joker than the Ledger Joker but I didnt hate him or anything.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Wow...I am not sure I have seen an opinion like that out of you since the prequels

As for Jerome...I dont mind him...just think they went a bit too far down the Ledger characterization which I dont think really fit Gotham. I think that held him back. I would have made him closer to the Animated Joker than the Ledger Joker but I didnt hate him or anything.
                I was being hyperbolic. I hate......HATE.........HATE......Wolverine. Can't stand him.

I see nothing of Ledger in Jerome. Jerome was his own iteration and I didn't like it much. Gotham did a fantastic job on Penguin and the Riddler though.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was being hyperbolic. I hate......HATE.........HATE......Wolverine. Can't stand him.

I see nothing of Ledger in Jerome. Jerome was his own iteration and I didn't like it much. Gotham did a fantastic job on Penguin and the Riddler though.
                  Gotcha
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by scoobydoo View Post
                    logan is a waste of film.
                    bs
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Per Joker: you can make him how you want to be. That's the beauty of the character.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        bs
                        I see what you did there.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Jazz, comic books, and pro wrestling are the three American contributions to art.
                          just sayin’. Those are three pretty cool things
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            bs
                            It is interesting that Logan is the best Wolverine film. It only took them, what, 10 complete pieces of garbage before they had something decent.

Comment

It is interesting that Logan is the best Wolverine film. It only took them, what, 10 complete pieces of garbage before they had something decent.
                              I can't vouch for them all since after the first one I gave up in disgust, but Logan was cromulent and one of the 1% of comic book movies that can hold the attention of somebody other than a teenage boy.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                                Per Joker: you can make him how you want to be. That's the beauty of the character.
                                This is what happens with all the great characters of fiction after they have been around long enough. Hamlet. Dracula. Jesus.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X