This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
    all I can remember is Suchet in his white suit in the Egyptian sun. .
    Just described mookie (though younger and in better shape):

Mookie will be in his white formal jacket for a breasts fundraiser here end of the month. Sure to be a hit
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Just described mookie (though younger and in better shape):

Mookie will be in his white formal jacket for a breasts fundraiser here end of the month. Sure to be a hit
      You can dodge when they start throwing punches, mookie.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        You can dodge when they start throwing punches, mookie.
        Sure can

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          plus it is AWESOME JUSTFRIGGENAWESOME!!!!

Obligatory.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Giddy Up

Comment

Today's reboot: Home Alone (Disney+)

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                Today's reboot: Home Alone

Comment

This could be interesting.

Last fall, Victor Miller, who wrote the original screenplay for Friday the 13th, won a lawsuit that gave him the domestic rights to the slasher franchise under an old copyright law that grants authors rights to their original work after a period of 35 years. The case is still being appealed, but it was an important ruling within the Hollywood legal community, which was watching very closely, knowing just how much was at stake.

See, until recently, screenwriters rarely used the law to their advantage, and it was mostly employed by musicians who were eager to control their back catalog. But Eriq Gardner, the intrepid legal reporter at the Hollywood Reporter, has looked into legal records and discovered a bunch of high-profile termination notices that were filed within the past year.

According to THR, the most notable titles include The Terminator, Die Hard, Beetlejuice and Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Apparently, Gale Anne Hurd, who co-wrote the original Terminator movie that was released in 1984, has moved to terminate (natch!) a copyright grant made 35 years ago. As of right now, David Ellison‘s Skydance Media controls the Terminator rights, having acquired them from his sister, Megan Ellison, who bought them at auction for $20 million back in 2011. Under this law, Skydance would lose the rights, and they would revert to Hurd and her co-writer, Terminator director James Cameron, even though Cameron has previously said that she “did no actual writing at all,” per Wikipedia. Thus, if Skydance wants to make a sequel to its upcoming Dark Fate, it would have to renegotiate with Cameron and Hurd — otherwise, they could shop the rights to other studios, not to mention deep-pocketed streaming services.

Comment

An hour in and Joker is the most disturbing film I've seen in a long, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                      An hour in and Joker is the most disturbing film I've seen in a long, long time.
                      Sounds promising! I’m going to see it tomorrow night😈
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I heard it gets way more disturbing after that

I am seeing it in IMAX tomorrow...cant wait!
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Seeing it on Sunday. Also cannot wait. Don't recall the last movie I was THIS excited to see.

The Hate U Give:

Solid movie. It will have you cursing and nodding/agreeing, and sometimes with the same points the movie brings up throughout. It REALLY swings that pendulum on the different viewpoints, and it has to, given the nature of the movie. It's really balanced on that, and that is a tough thing to do. It does not shy away from discussion, controversy, after-effects, anything. Off the top of my head, it's an updated Boyz N The Hood, with a slightly different overall take. Highly recommend.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

There are so many thoughts circling through my head right now. That was deeply disturbing. Perhaps the most disturbing film I have ever watched. The terror is psychological, not the slasher kind we've gotten used to. There are a couple of moments of brutal - and I do mean brutal - violence, but the vast majority of the film is witnessing an already scarred psyche descend into madness.

I have read how this film glorifies that madness and the associated violence. I would disagree. I remember when Pulp Fiction was released there were many who claimed the film glorified drug use. I can't imagine anyone watching the scene where Uma Thurman overdoses and nearly dies and thinking, "That looks cool! I gotta get me some of that!" Likewise, we can clearly see the transformation of this already fragile mind into a homicidal maniac. The issue is not that it makes this look attractive. The issue is that society is already at this point which makes the story that much scarier.

Want to see the Joker in real life? Just turn on the evening news. His handiwork is evident in every mass shooting our nation suffers. The film doesn't glorify this violence - it holds a mirror up to American society and shows us our reality. There WILL be people who go on a murder spree and claim this movie inspired them. Or talking heads will say this was their motivation. Don't buy it for a second. Those matches were already lit. They were going to kill people regardless, but they will use this as an excuse, as a way to become famous by tying their violence to a piece of popular culture.

I'm really struggling to come up with a score for this. I thought it was brilliant. It might be the film of the year. Yet watching it was so uncomfortable I cannot with a good conscience say this is a must-see. It depends on each person. For posterity I'll give it a 9/10 but you'll have to decide if you want to subject yourself to this piece of cinema. I both want to see it again and simultaneously wish I had never seen it in the first place.

Comment

There are so many thoughts circling through my head right now. That was deeply disturbing. Perhaps the most disturbing film I have ever watched. The terror is psychological, not the slasher kind we've gotten used to. There are a couple of moments of brutal - and I do mean brutal - violence, but the vast majority of the film is witnessing an already scarred psyche descend into madness.

I have read how this film glorifies that madness and the associated violence. I would disagree. I remember when Pulp Fiction was released there were many who claimed the film glorified drug use. I can't imagine anyone watching the scene where Uma Thurman overdoses and nearly dies and thinking, "That looks cool! I gotta get me some of that!" Likewise, we can clearly see the transformation of this already fragile mind into a homicidal maniac. The issue is not that it makes this look attractive. The issue is that society is already at this point which makes the story that much scarier.

Want to see the Joker in real life? Just turn on the evening news. His handiwork is evident in every mass shooting our nation suffers. The film doesn't glorify this violence - it holds a mirror up to American society and shows us our reality. There WILL be people who go on a murder spree and claim this movie inspired them. Or talking heads will say this was their motivation. Don't buy it for a second. Those matches were already lit. They were going to kill people regardless, but they will use this as an excuse, as a way to become famous by tying their violence to a piece of popular culture.

I'm really struggling to come up with a score for this. I thought it was brilliant. It might be the film of the year. Yet watching it was so uncomfortable I cannot with a good conscience say this is a must-see. It depends on each person. For posterity I'll give it a 9/10 but you'll have to decide if you want to subject yourself to this piece of cinema. I both want to see it again and simultaneously wish I had never seen it in the first place.
                              That's exactly why I'm excited to see this movie. Previous movies, he was already a nutjob. This movie SHOWS how he became that way, and as you say, it's closer to real life than previous Joker versions. Hence, the creepiness, horror, etc.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Boom! This is why I want to see it. I hope it sparks conversations about many of our problems and i’m Also looking forward to Phoenix’s Interpretation of Joker.

Taxi Driveresque is what some are saying. That’s incredible company.

Can’t Wait for tomorrow!
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X