This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Movies 51 - Rise of the Frozen Joker: Chapter II: Dark Fate

I get it's Jesse's story; his ending, but we never see Skinny Pete and Badger after they played a very key role early on. We never see a hint of the wake of destruction Saul leaves behind, other than the relocator hinting at "the lawyer." Does Junior get the payments Walter set up for him? For being the next day or three following such a bloody shootout, there seems to be a lack of concern throughout the city right after the El Camino lo-jack is activated. But, like I said, it's Jesse's story, so I shouldn't expect anything more than a hand wave explanation at most.

I will say the winks and nods that were in the movie were nice. The new owners and renamed Los Pollos Hermanos location was neat. The junkyard owner was a nice surprise too.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

I think the payments (leaving this vague) was more than settled. I do agree on Skinny Pete and such, I suppose. However, despite the trailer, they left the game so early (relatively) in the series, it was probably chasing ghosts at that point.

You live in/near Chiraq...how much outrage is there? My take on it is that is was a movie to simply close out the loose ends that existed, and that succeeded. If they wanted to blow some minds...I suppose it was possible, but it would most likely have blown up in their face. The movie wasn't great, but it was still satisfying. I wasn't hung up on the aging thing. I can suspend belief in the spirit of things.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I thought El Camino was fine. It tried to answer a couple of questions that were left hanging at the end of BB. The actors' appearance differences didn't bother me at all. The most significant one, imho, was Todd's simply due to weight gain. The age difference for the rest of the cast was mild, I thought.

Also watched The Laundromat. Personally, I thought it was a mess. It obviously isn't an easy subject matter, but given the star power associated with that movie, it was pretty disappointing.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Tell me who I am. New Netflix doc.

Heartbreaking, but excellent watch. Boy loses his memory at 18 in a motorcycle crash, and his twin brother decided to hide his childhood from him as he had a chance to reform all his memories. Of course, the ruse didn’t last forever.
          Caught this tonight. That is one weird story. Jebus.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Finally finished El Camino...meh it was ok. Really no point to any of it and sorry but it never truly felt Breaking Bad. It was fine when to watch while working out but I would never care to watch again. Too much time passed.

Speaking of that:

Zombieland 2. Yikes was that boring and rather unfunny. Completely unnecessary and honestly I almost fell asleep in the theater watching it. Literally the only thing of value was the scene from the credits...but beyond that I wish I hadnt gone.

To the Star Wars people...sounds like the GOT guys are leaving that universe.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Dan and Dave aren't doing their Star Wars films.

“We love Star Wars…When George Lucas built it, he built us too. Getting to talk about Star Wars with him and the current Star Wars team was the thrill of a lifetime, and we will always be indebted to the saga that changed everything…There are only so many hours in the day, and we felt we could not do justice to both Star Wars and our Netflix projects. So we are regretfully stepping away.”
              The Rian Johnson trilogy is still reported to be moving ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                To the Star Wars people...sounds like the GOT guys are leaving that universe.
                So, they screwed up GOT for nothing?
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  So, they screwed up GOT for nothing?
                  They did sign that $250 million development deal with Netflix...

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Zombieland 2. Yikes was that boring and rather unfunny. Completely unnecessary and honestly I almost fell asleep in the theater watching it. Literally the only thing of value was the scene from the credits...but beyond that I wish I hadnt gone.
                    Every party has a pooper, that's why we invited you!
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Sorry but it just wasnt as creative or enjoyable. Even the easy tropes (like the off brand version of the main cast) got old after like 2 minutes. Every joke ran too long or was a copy of the first film.

The different versions of the zombies was pretty good though.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://deadline.com/2019/10/star-wa...202771184/amp/

Outside of The Mandalorian I just can’t get excited about Star Wars anymore.

I definitely won’t be watching RJ’s trilogy unless a miracle happens and he’s Devined a magical storytelling capability i’ve Yet to witness. Sorry, RJ fans, repeated viewings of TLJ and a second watch of Looper enforce for me that he’s just not a director that interests me whatsoever.
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Time Trap:
                          A professor enters a cave and goes missing. Some of his students come looking for him and get trapped in the cave as well.

Forget about the cast. You won't give two craps about them. The concept of the movie, though, is good, and it was done decently. There's nothing groundbreaking, but as the movie goes on, it's fun to figure out when everyone else is going to figure things out.

Rattlesnake:
                          When a single mother accepts the help of a mysterious woman after her daughter is bitten by a rattlesnake, she finds herself making an unthinkable deal with the devil to repay the stranger.

YAWN. Stopped it after about 15-20 minutes, because it really sucked. I halfway tried to find the ending on the internet, but even that wasn't worth it, so I stopped trying. One could probably predict the gist of it.

The Command:
                          The film follows the 2000 K-141 Kursk submarine disaster and the governmental negligence that followed. As the sailors fight for survival, their families desperately battle political obstacles and impossible odds to save them.

Based on fact, and of course some truths were bent a bit for dramatic effect. However, still a solid movie, and I thought it was well-done, especially showing the seamen's despair/emotions. I would definitely recommend this one.

Comment

Hell yes.
                            https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-cars-film.amp

A perfect quote: He continued: “If the flag on that car when we did that show represented inequality or racism in any regard, Uncle Jesse would have made us scratch it off with our teeth. And people know that. But people are also led around by social media. We have a line in the movie where my barber – Floyd, the Barber--says, ‘People don't think what they think anymore, they think what they're told to think.’

This popped up on my Twitter feed as a post of a post or however that all works.....

Comment

So... We white boys think it’s not racist. Therefore, **** your feelings.

Did I get the gist of it?
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                So... We white boys think it’s not racist. Therefore, **** your feelings.

Did I get the gist of it?
                                Read the bolded. It wasn't really an issue then, and in the show, it represented simple southern living, nothing more. Think: Skynyrd. People forget this, but the Dukes show actually taught morality, treating people kindly, and the truly good people always won. They really embraced the Golden Rule.

BUT THE SYMBOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X