Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Not only is he stupid. But, he surrounds himself with people who refuse to tell him he's stupid regardless of their intelligence level.

People that voted for him finally got a President at their intelligence level. No wonder they're so happy.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

In the comments it says his approval rating is 36% in the latest AP poll...that true?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        In the comments it says his approval rating is 36% in the latest AP poll...that true?
        https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...rmance-despite

Appears so.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          If that happens, the hegemony of the coasts would be complete. You'd like that. I wouldn't.
          It would weight all votes equally.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            538 still showing noise. Among likely votes there's even less volatility.

It's not as if Republicans got smart all of a sudden. Dump will be well over 90% approval among Republicans on Election Day. They're in the killing jar.
            Last edited by Kepler; 08-22-2019, 12:12 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Not only is he stupid. But, he surrounds himself with people who refuse to tell him he's stupid regardless of their intelligence level.

People that voted for him finally got a President at their intelligence level. No wonder they're so happy.
              "He's just like me!!"
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

They got that with Dubya.

With Dump they have a guy with an actual cognitive deficit. 90% of the people in this country are smarter than Dump. He is a borderline imbecile.
                Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Watching from across the border (North....not South), it seems that the dumpster-fire that is the Trump Presidency gets more absurd and ridiculous every day. There are days that I'm left speechless after watching news feeds where Trump has again (and again, and again...) verbally attacked and/or insulted someone or another country. I'm speechless because I can't believe there are people out there who approve of his behavior. I can reason why some may have voted for him over Hillary (lesser of two evils in their opinion...???), but I can't imagine anyone thought he'd be this bad.

I'm watching every day to what ELSE he's done...but I'm feeling bad for my American family members who have to live through this nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                    Watching from across the border (North....not South), it seems that the dumpster-fire that is the Trump Presidency gets more absurd and ridiculous every day. There are days that I'm left speechless after watching news feeds where Trump has again (and again, and again...) verbally attacked and/or insulted someone or another country. I'm speechless because I can't believe there are people out there who approve of his behavior. I can reason why some may have voted for him over Hillary (lesser of two evils in their opinion...???), but I can't imagine anyone thought he'd be this bad.

I'm watching every day to what ELSE he's done...but I'm feeling bad for my American family members who have to live through this nonsense.
                    Would you characterize the average Canadian response as worry or hilarity? I've heard Alberta is basically Frozen Texas. Does Dump have any support there (or elsewhere in conservative Canada) or does even the Canadian right despise him?
                    Cornell University

Comment

"Some people just want to watch the world burn, Master Bruce."

Older people, and those who have a very limited scope of the world, falling for completely jingoistic ideology, tend to buy into his soundbite politics. And then they excuse his bad, nasty antics with an answer that goes something like, But look at all the good he's done, too. When pressed for the good, there's really not much they can say when countered with the numbers. I will then hear something to do with abortion as a retort. It's at that point the conversation is dead because there's no real reasoning with somebody who's reliant upon that stance.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Would you characterize the average Canadian response as worry or hilarity? I've heard Alberta is basically Frozen Texas. Does Dump have any support there (or elsewhere in conservative Canada) or does even the Canadian right despise him?
                        To be honest...not many people I know pay as much attention to what's happening in the US as I do. For me it's bordering on hilarity because of just how mind-boggling it's become. It IS reality, but it's like a bad reality show I can't stop watching! There is a sense of worry, however, as almost everything that happens down there has a certain level of impact on Canada.

We have our own problems and controversies up here, and an election coming up this fall. Alberta was doing very well not long ago, rich in resources (oil) and businesses and individuals were thriving. The oil-price collapse hit Alberta hard with thousands of job losses and company closures. Getting pipelines going/approved to move oil is a big issue there that will create jobs for many across the country.

I won't speak as though I'm representing all Canadians, but the few I know that follow US politics are all shaking their heads at what is going on in your White House. There are so many differences between life here and there - immigration issues, health care, and the big one is gun control/ownership. Many Canadians just can't wrap their heads around why so many Americans feel the need to have guns in their purses, glove boxes, baby strollers...not judging - we just don't understand. Why someone needs an assault-style weapon (if you're not a criminal...) and why it seems so easy to get one is beyond comprehension for most of us. I'm probably going down a road that might get me into trouble, so I'll stop here. I'll finish by saying that my wife and I visit the the US several times a year for Frozen Fours, other regular-season NCAA hockey, and vacations in New Mexico. We've always been treated well and feel comfortable wherever we go. We have family down there and have made new friends almost every time we travel south.
                        Last edited by Hoover; 08-22-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          He's not going voluntarily. I hope we all realize that now.
                          If he loses in 2020, my money is on him claiming the election was rigged to oust him (probably that "nasty" woman from Denmark...), the results are fake news, and it's somehow Obama's fault. Someone will have to drag him from the White House while he clings to the walls and furniture like a 3-year-old!
                          Last edited by Hoover; 08-22-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

If he loses in 2020, my money is on him claiming the election was rigged to oust him (probably that "nasty" woman from Denmark...), the results are fake news, and it's somehow Obama's fault. Someone will have to drag him from the White House while he clings to the walls and furniture like a 3-year-old!
                            Actually, I might PPV seeing The Orange One clinging to a corner on a wall by the tips of his fingers while being forcibly moved by the proper authorities. The humiliation itself would be priceless.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I continue to believe that if he loses, he'll be gone from DC by Christmas because he doesn't want to meet whoever beat him. Pence will turn over the keys.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                I continue to believe that if he loses, he'll be gone from DC by Christmas because he doesn't want to meet whoever beat him. Pence will turn over the keys.
                                I hope so. **** him.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X