Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    The overuse of emoticons will ruin us all.
    It did the Egyptian Empire in.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Hoover View Post
      Nobody likes to admit they are/were wrong, but at what point (if any...) will the Trump supporter abandon the "...I'm dug in, and I'll never change!" mentality? Are you all telling me that regardless of everything he's said and done to date, and regardless of what he will say and do in the future, his supporters will back him?
      Yes. The one correct thing he's said this entire time is that he could shoot someone on 5th avenue and not lose any support. If 40% of the country hasn't abandoned him yet, they aren't ever going to.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.57: We Should Have Voted for Zaphod Beeblebrox Instead.

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
        Nobody likes to admit they are/were wrong, but at what point (if any...) will the Trump supporter abandon the "...I'm dug in, and I'll never change!" mentality? Are you all telling me that regardless of everything he's said and done to date, and regardless of what he will say and do in the future, his supporters will back him? I'm not talking about the 1%'ers, but the "middle-class" folks that support him for their own reasons. Why does blind loyalty to your party of choice run so deep for so many American voters? Are you "born" into an obligation to support one party over the other?

I've changed my support of political parties over the years, as sometimes their platforms become distorted and change with new leadership. Such changes may not seem to be much, but they may not reflect my views of what is best for our country at that point in time and in the near future (in my opinion). I don't consider myself a "traitor" for transferring my support - things change, and I look at and analyze the facts before me to form an opinion. I've been proven wrong on occasion, but showing blind loyalty in the case of politics is, in my opinion, ill-advised.
        Nixon was reelected in 1972, garnering almost 2/3rds of the popular vote. He won a majority of votes in all but one state. But only 2 1/2 years after his second term began he had an approval rating of 25%. Plenty of his voters abandoned him, and poll after poll reflected this. More people wanted him impeached and removed from office than supported him for almost his entire last year in office. Nixon arguably had accomplishments voters look for. The military drafted ended, he opened up relations with China, the Environmental Protection Agency was created, all on his watch. We have changed as voters in the last 40 years. Now, poll after poll shows voters who chose trump in 2016 would vote for him again in 2020, and most answer they'd do so enthusiastically. The tough question to answer is "Why?"

Comment

Hope that tax cut was worth it, given that he's going to destroy our economy.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
            Now, poll after poll shows voters who chose trump in 2016 would vote for him again in 2020, and most answer they'd do so enthusiastically. The tough question to answer is "Why?"
            Something about the things he says appeals to them. Can't quite put my finger on what it is..........
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

Hope that tax cut was worth it, given that he's going to destroy our economy.
              Makes a person who’s job relies heavily on trade with China totally not feel nervous. Totally not nervous.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Hey, conservatives, I thought we already got that tax cut???

“BREAKING: President Trump vowed to approve a "major middle income tax cut" if Americans vote to keep Republicans in the Senate and presidency and Democrats lose the House in next year's elections.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ome-tax-cut-if

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Makes a person who’s job relies heavily on trade with China totally not feel nervous. Totally not nervous.
                  Everything will collapse if he does this. Waiting for one republican to tell him it’s a bad idea

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Hey, conservatives, I thought we already got that tax cut???

“BREAKING: President Trump vowed to approve a "major middle income tax cut" if Americans vote to keep Republicans in the Senate and presidency and Democrats lose the House in next year's elections.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ome-tax-cut-if
                    Yawn. He tried that up last fall.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I’m sure he’ll make it worse for blue states again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        He's messing with the people who really run the country, now. I wouldn't worry.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          He's messing with the people who really run the country, now. I wouldn't worry.
                          lol sure, right after our institutions save us.

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                            lol sure, right after our institutions save us.
                            For the ten billionth time, the expression was always: "do not wait for our institutions to save us; save our institutions."

My god I hate it that this has become a meme. It's so f-cking stupid.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              For the ten billionth time, the expression was always: "do not wait for our institutions to save us; save our institutions."

Yeah, but you just re-packaged it with your "He's messing with the people who really run the country, now. I wouldn't worry."

That was the whole point...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You've got it backwards. That message was in response to all the statements of how our institutions would save us.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X