Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Two games went almost exactly the same. ND scored 5 goals in this series and 3 of them Ohio State defenseman had complete control of the puck in the dzone and turned them over. Good to have a week off with the injuries piling up. The lack of offense especially on the PP this weekend is alarming but they miss Miller back on the point. The schedule doesnt get any easier after the Bye going to Penn State who will pressure the Dmen just as ND did this weekend.

Comment

I was out of town and didn't have the opportunity to stream the game but I did get close enough to Columbus to catch the last couple minutes on the radio. I was surprised, I never picked up 1460am east of Reynoldsburg before!
      I was told by my son we had a 1 goal lead when I called him and then down by a goal when I picked it up on the radio.
      Klbaum, you mentioned our demise by defensive turnovers, where those from our freshmen or did it involve veteran players?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        I was out of town and didn't have the opportunity to stream the game but I did get close enough to Columbus to catch the last couple minutes on the radio. I was surprised, I never picked up 1460am east of Reynoldsburg before!
        I was told by my son we had a 1 goal lead when I called him and then down by a goal when I picked it up on the radio.
        Klbaum, you mentioned our demise by defensive turnovers, where those from our freshmen or did it involve veteran players?
        Friday night it was Meyer last night it was freshman and Garbiel

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Friday night it was Meyer last night it was freshman and Garbiel
          Got to clamp down on those mental mistakes, they're game breakers!

Comment

Team just announced defenseman Dominic Vidoli from Strongsville, OH is joining the team. He played a few games for BU last year before jumping down to the USHL where he finished last season and started this one with Sioux City. Not a huge sample size but it looks like he's put up decent numbers.
            Frozen Four: 1998, 2018

NCAA Tournament: 1998, 1999, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2009, 2017, 2018, 2019

The Ohio State University '18
            University of Western Ontario '19

Comment

Scoring 5 on 5 is becoming a real problem. Listening to the game seemed like more mental mistakes cost them and another to many men penalty. Need a win tonight

Comment

Looked really great the first couple of minutes keeping Penn State off balance and make a strong push in the last minutes and the rest of the game was mediocrity.
                Too much dump & chase not getting to the puck first, constantly clearing the puck from our end sending it to a Penn State player in the neutral zone time after time.
                No effort to get in position for the rebounds on our shots and the opposition did a very good job of anticipating what we were going to do all evening.
                I'd say we were out coached last night and not enough adjustments on our part to take Penn State off their game. Lastly I see us going way too much stick to stick when trying to defend, need to use the body and legal check to take a guy off the puck when he's trying to get to your net!
                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 11-23-2019, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Much better effort tonight and who can argue when your school sweeps Penn State in multiple sports?
                  I just hope Nappier is OK!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                    Much better effort tonight and who can argue when your school sweeps Penn State in multiple sports?
                    I just hope Nappier is OK!
                    Nice to get a split on the road against a very good team. Upper Body is all they reported on Tommy lets hope he can go next weekend. Michigan State took 4 Points from ND this weekend they are much improved.

Comment

• Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

If Moyse is our #2 why didn't he travel with the team to Penn State? I ran into him about a week ago and he seemed well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                        If Moyse is our #2 why didn't he travel with the team to Penn State? I ran into him about a week ago and he seemed well.
                        It was said in the radio broadcast that he was back at thr hitel sick with the flu

Comment

It was said in the radio broadcast that he was back at thr hitel sick with the flu
                          I sure hope he didn't share it with everyone!

Comment

Wow, we sweep Michigan State and nobody here is commenting on it?
                            Either the regulars are on the road with holiday travels or hung over form celebrating the football win yesterday!
                            I'll sum up with the sweep we are tied now for 2nd in the conference and up to 10th in the Pairwise. Good job guys!
                            However when you have a shot on goal count in the mid 30's with only ONE going in should we be working a LITTLE harder on the shot placement?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Wow, we sweep Michigan State and nobody here is commenting on it?
                              Either the regulars are on the road with holiday travels or hung over form celebrating the football win yesterday!
                              I'll sum up with the sweep we are tied now for 2nd in the conference and up to 10th in the Pairwise. Good job guys!
                              However when you have a shot on goal count in the mid 30's with only ONE going in should we be working a LITTLE harder on the shot placement?
                              Came out and played 2 good games. Did what they had to do to win. On to the gophers hope this can carry over.

Comment

Came out and played 2 good games. Did what they had to do to win. On to the gophers hope this can carry over.
                                I watched Minnesota play North Dakota and ND was the better team by far but watching the mistakes the Gophers made on their home ice that kept the games from being competitive (and their fan's lamentations here on forum) tells me that for whatever reasons is a team struggling and Uncle Bob has yet to right the ship.
                                I'm not saying they can't be dangerous but if we don't make mistakes we should be able to handle them next weekend on our home ice.
                                Speaking of next weekend I wonder if anyone will show for the Saturday game being in direct conflict with the football game?
                                Because the men's basketball team plays at home Saturday at noon bumping up our game time is unfortunately not an option!

Comment

Working...
                                X