Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

That looked just like the playoff game those 2 played last March. No energy what so ever for most of the first two periods. Once again a pass to no one from behind the net leads to an opponent goal. Lazy unnecessary penalty also cost them a goal. Just things that shouldnt be happening that were happening back in October and November. Also both of those plays were made by Seniors who definitely shouldn't be making mistakes like that this time of year.
    Last edited by klbaum1077; 02-08-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

We had a strong team going until that Friday at Wisconsin and had CJ's fractured neck and Tommy's ankle sprain. Ever since then we've been plagued with injury or illness every weekend and it's showed.
      No Preston and Westlund last night caused us to suit up the freshmen and no fault to them but with the shuffling of the lines and other factors our chemistry was adversely affected.
      And as usual I wasn't impressed with the officiating. We had that 2 on 1 breakaway in the 3rd and I'd like to know what the linesman thought he saw when he blew offsides as I was sitting on that blue line and never saw offsides! A goal then would have made a huge difference.
      Penn State leads at 33 points now, we're in a 3 way tie with Minnesota & Michigan State at 31 with ND knocking at that door with 28.
      Worse part is now we're on the bubble in the pairwise at 15th!
      Let's just hope we can have a healthy team after the bye week and get the last 4 regular season wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        We had a strong team going until that Friday at Wisconsin and had CJ's fractured neck and Tommy's ankle sprain. Ever since then we've been plagued with injury or illness every weekend and it's showed.
        No Preston and Westlund last night caused us to suit up the freshmen and no fault to them but with the shuffling of the lines and other factors our chemistry was adversely affected.
        And as usual I wasn't impressed with the officiating. We had that 2 on 1 breakaway in the 3rd and I'd like to know what the linesman thought he saw when he blew offsides as I was sitting on that blue line and never saw offsides! A goal then would have made a huge difference.
        Penn State leads at 33 points now, we're in a 3 way tie with Minnesota & Michigan State at 31 with ND knocking at that door with 28.
        Worse part is now we're on the bubble in the pairwise at 15th!
        Let's just hope we can have a healthy team after the bye week and get the last 4 regular season wins.
        Biggest problem is that the same mistakes are being made by the same players who have been around long enough to know not to keep doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
          Biggest problem is that the same mistakes are being made by the same players who have been around long enough to know not to keep doing it.
          Two of the things that drives me crazy is a coaching style, not the players.
          One is why do we collapse in around our net allowing our opponent to cycle the puck unchallenged on the perimeter picking out the shot they want like it's a PP?
          Second, when we line change we just send the puck down the ice turning it over so now our fresh legs have to first be on defense and have to get the puck back using up most of their shift before we can go on the offense. Many coaches bring the puck behind their net and 4 guys over the boards and the guy holding the puck behind the net changes as the puck moves up ice. Now everyone is fresh for a SUSTAINED offensive push!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 02-10-2020, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Wisconsin helped out by beating Penn State. Now Ohio State will control its fate in finishing ahead of Penn State. Could end the weekend in 6th place though if ND and Michigan both get 3 points in the games they play. Perfect resuts the rest of the weekend wold be ND getting 1 point and Michigan getting 1 point that would leave Ohio State tied for 4th with Michigan both having 31 Points. 2 points behind Michigan State and 4 points behind Minnesota. Have to think Penn State wins tonight to get the split.

Comment

With the results from last night Ohio State controls its fate for home ice. They have 2 games in hand to Penn State and being up 1 point on ND they can lock them out with 3 wins and 1 ND loss. Winning the league is probably not going to happen but getting that 2 seed and hosting Wisconsin in round 1 is very possible,

Comment

Winning the league is probably not going to happen but getting that 2 seed and hosting Wisconsin in round 1 is very possible,
                If I am in error don't hold it against me as it's late and I'm not well focused.
                Ohio State can finish first yet but to do so we MUST sweep the last 4 games AND
                Minnesota must lose 2 of it's last 4.
                Michigan must lose 1 of it's last 4.
                Penn State with the bye can only finish with a best of 42 points and with the scenario I just quoted all the others above us would finish with 42 points and we would finish with 43 points, correct?

Comment

If I am in error don't hold it against me as it's late and I'm not well focused.
                  Ohio State can finish first yet but to do so we MUST sweep the last 4 games AND
                  Minnesota must lose 2 of it's last 4.
                  Michigan must lose 1 of it's last 4.
                  Penn State with the bye can only finish with a best of 42 points and with the scenario I just quoted all the others above us would finish with 42 points and we would finish with 43 points, correct?
                  Your math is correct. They can lockout ND this weekend with 2 wins and a ND loss. They can lockout Penn State with 2 wibs and 2 Penn state losses. So they can clinch home ice with those results this weekend. Getting the regular season title is going to be difficult
                  Last edited by klbaum1077; 02-18-2020, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Getting the regular season title is going to be difficult
                    I wonder which would be more likely for it to happen, the Minnesota & Michigan losses or us getting 4 wins in a row?
                    I can only hope we are healthy again going into this weekend and our motivation is high. I watched nearly all the conference games that were broadcast over the weekend and nobody is looking like a pushover and all are trying to make for the end of season surge.

Comment

I wonder which would be more likely for it to happen, the Minnesota & Michigan losses or us getting 4 wins in a row?
                      I can only hope we are healthy again going into this weekend and our motivation is high. I watched nearly all the conference games that were broadcast over the weekend and nobody is looking like a pushover and all are trying to make for the end of season surge.
                      I watched all games this weekend as well. Your right no one is going to lay down. Minnesota has struggled against Penn state the last 3 years so that could be trouble for them. Ohio state can only take care of what they can control and that is winning their games. The last 2 weekends are going to be fun to follow.

Comment

The last 2 weekends are going to be fun to follow.
                        So who's going up there this weekend? I'll be there behind our bench Saturday, can't make it Friday.

Comment

Michigan hosts ND this weekend and no love lost between those two either!
                          I would give Michigan an edge with them home at Yost but we'll see.

Comment

So who's going up there this weekend? I'll be there behind our bench Saturday, can't make it Friday.
                            Ill be there both nights near the bench top row

Comment

Michigan hosts ND this weekend and no love lost between those two either!
                              I would give Michigan an edge with them home at Yost but we'll see.
                              Michigan has lost only 1 game since January and ND is struggling. I bet Michigan sweeps.

Comment

Michigan has lost only 1 game since January and ND is struggling. I bet Michigan sweeps.
                                Michigan at home against ND then at Minnesota. Unless the Wolverines are really peaking strong I don't see them winning all 4 which fits our scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X