Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Tommy not even dressed again tonight

Comment

Was told Tommy didn't even practice all week but they're hopeful for next weekend but last night and many other games shows why he's an invaluable member of this team.
      It was a hell of a comeback last night and I only wish we could have sealed the deal and gotten all 3 points but we didn't leave the ice with our heads hung.
      Hopefully tonight we'll get the job done and take 4 points for the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
        Was told Tommy didn't even practice all week but they're hopeful for next weekend but last night and many other games shows why he's an invaluable member of this team.
        It was a hell of a comeback last night and I only wish we could have sealed the deal and gotten all 3 points but we didn't leave the ice with our heads hung.
        Hopefully tonight we'll get the job done and take 4 points for the weekend.
        I dont care who the goalie is if the defensemen dont stop giving the puck away... Yea ryan should have had the first one and got a piece of the 2nd one but they are not helping yhe young man out.

Comment

Good win tonight for us and our young goaltender firmed up and had some very key saves.
          I also just finished watching Wisconsin beat Michigan State so guess who's now in first place in our conference even in spite of only getting one point last night?

Comment

Good win tonight for us and our young goaltender firmed up and had some very key saves.
            I also just finished watching Wisconsin beat Michigan State so guess who's now in first place in our conference even in spite of only getting one point last night?
            Snowden played very well especially the last 10 minutes when Ohio State couldn't get out of the zone. Nice to be in first place and the two teans directly behind them play each other next weekend. Take care of business on the road and build the lead.

Comment

Also especially nice both games at Minnesota next weekend are available on my cable package so no pay per view!

Comment

That was the worst weekend of hockey in a couple years. They were dominated in 5 of the 6 periods and never really controlled much of the play at all. Dropping to 10 in the pairwise is about as good as you can expect when losing to a team in the 30's when the weekend started. On to Michigan hope a good week of practice gets this past weekend erased from memory.

Comment

Yeah, they acted like they never played the Big Ice before. Kept doing dump & chase and it's too big for that, could never get to the puck first.
                  The Gophers kept bringing the puck into our zone on their sticks picking the gaps.

Comment

Well we just gave that team up north 3 points on a platter. I don't know what it is but we have not been running on all cylinders since our injuries at Wisconsin. Everyone seems out of sync and our chemistry is missing.

Comment

Well we just gave that team up north 3 points on a platter. I don't know what it is but we have not been running on all cylinders since our injuries at Wisconsin. Everyone seems out of sync and our chemistry is missing.
                      They just cant score 5 on 5 right now and evey every little mistake is ending up in the net. Two of the Michigan goals were hustle plays and another was just a bad one on Tommy. After the first it was a pretty even game but Michigan dominated that first period and set the tone of the night.

Comment

Much better game last night. Getting off to the fast start certainly helped. Tommy was really good when needed last night. Still things to clean up like turnovers but overall they played 5 decent periods of hockey all weekend. Michigan scored 4 goals and 3 of them were off wierd bounces. Back in 1st place also. On a down note 7 times niw they have failed to score on a 5 minute major and last night was the 2nd time this year they have failed on 2 in the same game. Bring on the Lions in a battle fir 1st place next weekend before the bye week. With that byecweek coming this might be the most important series of the year. Need a sweep with the teams having a chance to gain 6 points that weejend

Comment

I was 7 rows up behind the net where all the goals were scored, it was awsome! Michigan's goal Tommy said was off a leg and then it took a wonkey bounce to get past him.
                          Best game I thought since our win at Wisconsin.

Comment

I was 7 rows up behind the net where all the goals were scored, it was awsome! Michigan's goal Tommy said was off a leg and then it took a wonkey bounce to get past him.
                            Best game I thought since our win at Wisconsin.
                            Yea it was just a weird bounce. They had one friday night that took a bounce stayed in the zone and scored off a rebound. Big weekend ahead need a sweep

Comment

My main complaint against last night against Penn State is we let them get an early jump on us and it took a bit for us to get back to speed. I was not impressed with the officiating in a number of areas and it took a coach's challenge for them to assess the correct penalty against Penn St.
                              At least we got 2 of the 3 points last night and getting all 3 tonight is CRUCIAL!
                              That being said we may be without Preston and Westlund. Upper body for Quinn on that big hit he took and stitches on the leg for Westlund.

Comment

My main complaint against last night against Penn State is we let them get an early jump on us and it took a bit for us to get back to speed. I was not impressed with the officiating in a number of areas and it took a coach's challenge for them to assess the correct penalty against Penn St.
                                At least we got 2 of the 3 points last night and getting all 3 tonight is CRUCIAL!
                                That being said we may be without Preston and Westlund. Upper body for Quinn on that big hit he took and stitches on the leg for Westlund.
                                That 2nd Penn State goal came off a couple lucky bounces. Ohio state pretty much dominated the rest of the gane and probably should have win it but 2 of 3 points is better than none. Your right they need all 3 tonight with that bye ciming next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X