Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Nice win last night. Any additional word on CJ Regula other than the fact he was still hospitalized this morning?

Comment

CJ Regula reportedly has a spinal column injury from the boarding he took last night. No other details yet. The officiating crew in my opinion is culpable as they could and should have maintained control by calling boarding and ejection when it happened to Gordi earlier in the game!

Comment

OSU hockey tweeted he is expected to make a full recovery.

It was a terrible play by Linus as he obviously has to maintain control and not hit a vulnerable player 5 ft from the boards like that. Everybody knows and it and he knows it too. Kind of extra odd because Linus is pretty much a non-checking player. There's a Sid Crosby quote where he's talking to the opposing C and says something like "You know I don't hit anybody, I haven't hit anybody all year." Well, that's Linus.

Just very glad to hear CJ is going to be ok.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          OSU hockey tweeted he is expected to make a full recovery.

It was a terrible play by Linus as he obviously has to maintain control and not hit a vulnerable player 5 ft from the boards like that. Everybody knows and it and he knows it too. Kind of extra odd because Linus is pretty much a non-checking player. There's a Sid Crosby quote where he's talking to the opposing C and says something like "You know I don't hit anybody, I haven't hit anybody all year." Well, that's Linus.

Just very glad to hear CJ is going to be ok.
          I dont thik he meant to do it but if either of the other 2 hits to to the head would have been called that one might have been avoided. At worst the hit to Laczynnksi should have been looked at as i thought it was shoulder to his head.

Comment

Nice win on the road last night. The injury is very unfortunate but hope CJ recovers quickly and to full strength. They let the game get away from them during the 4 on 4 in the second period. Tommy saved them many times in that stretch. 5 times they have failed to score on a 5 minute major this year last night was the first game they have won when not scoring on a major penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
              I dont thik he meant to do it but if either of the other 2 hits to to the head would have been called that one might have been avoided. At worst the hit to Laczynnksi should have been looked at as i thought it was shoulder to his head.
              Agree the hit to Laczynnski by Achan should have been looked at. I'm not really sure as I didn't watch any other replays and the quick one on the broadcast didn't seem to be from a very good angle. But it sure looked suspicious to me. Achan is a rough player, good thing he's so small. OSU has had a few of those agitators, but a lot bigger fellas, as I recall.

The other one on Donovan, I really didn't think it was going to be called a major based on the couple of replays they showed, but again I didn't watch it 30 times.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                Agree the hit to Laczynnski by Achan should have been looked at. I'm not really sure as I didn't watch any other replays and the quick one on the broadcast didn't seem to be from a very good angle. But it sure looked suspicious to me. Achan is a rough player, good thing he's so small. OSU has had a few of those agitators, but a lot bigger fellas, as I recall.

The other one on Donovan, I really didn't think it was going to be called a major based on the couple of replays they showed, but again I didn't watch it 30 times.
                The biggest agitator is gone in Dakota Joshua. Your guys are very talented and if they ever figure out how to play together they will be dangerous

Comment

The biggest agitator is gone in Dakota Joshua. Your guys are very talented and if they ever figure out how to play together they will be dangerous
                  I can't help but wonder when the trash talking is going on how many times Sean Dhooghe has been called Bilbo or Frodo?
                  Our own Adrew Schembri in his playing days here was know as "The Dirty Hobbit" at Yost. LOL!

Comment

Well it was bad enough losing Regula but I had no idea until game time we were going to be without Tommy and that was the death blow and shows how key he is to this program.
                    I know he's a freshman and needs more development so I can't fault Snowden on some of the goals like the deflections or the one off Ronnie's skate but that last one from the blue line and he wasn't screened? Son you HAVE to stop those kind of shots, it's the old you have one job.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                      Well it was bad enough losing Regula but I had no idea until game time we were going to be without Tommy and that was the death blow and shows how key he is to this program.
                      I know he's a freshman and needs more development so I can't fault Snowden on some of the goals like the deflections or the one off Ronnie's skate but that last one from the blue line and he wasn't screened? Son you HAVE to stop those kind of shots, it's the old you have one job.....
                      Just wasnt their night. Two of the goals were deflections he was screened on another but the 5th goal you are correct he has to have. I guess tommy was in a walking boot last night im not opportunistic he will be available to play this weekend.

Comment

My question now is why was Nappier not even dressed for the game Saturday? I don't think you sit you r top goalie and not even dress him for a conference road game where you could take over the league lead. This smells of an injury to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                          My question now is why was Nappier not even dressed for the game Saturday? I don't think you sit you r top goalie and not even dress him for a conference road game where you could take over the league lead. This smells of an injury to me.
                          I guess you missed what was said above - out with injury and had a boot on one of his feet.
                          We will need him badly against Notre Dame.

Comment

Doesnt sound promising that tommy will be in net tomorrow

Comment

Doesnt sound promising that tommy will be in net tomorrow
                              Coach said he's day to day, Tommy will want to play but we'll see. Sometimes medical staff overrules a player who's over anxious to get back on the ice.
                              Rohlik also said there were about 5 guys who didn't practice early in the week who were banged up. You can hear what he said in his interview.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                                Coach said he's day to day, Tommy will want to play but we'll see. Sometimes medical staff overrules a player who's over anxious to get back on the ice.
                                Rohlik also said there were about 5 guys who didn't practice early in the week who were banged up. You can hear what he said in his interview.
                                I watched the interview the other day if you read between the lines i bet tommy doesnt play tonight

Comment

Working...
                                X