Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
    Michigan at home against ND then at Minnesota. Unless the Wolverines are really peaking strong I don't see them winning all 4 which fits our scenario.
    Yea i agree i dont see them sweeping both weekends either but ohio state needs to take care if its business too.

Comment

• Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      Yea i agree i dont see them sweeping both weekends either but ohio state needs to take care if its business too.
      That kind of goes without saying don't you think?

Comment

That kind of goes without saying don't you think?
        Of course

Comment

Nice team victory tonight. Resukrs in other games wentbthe Buckeyes way as well. Now just take care of your business and things will workout

Comment

We had so many chances that went off the iron instead. We've got to get those in the net tonight if we want the win as Michigan State will be desperate for the win.
            Michigan lost last night so as long as we win out they can't pass us and Minnesota only got a point which helps but they still need to lose 2 or lose one and tie for less than 3 points.
            Can't wait to be there for tonight's game! GO BUCKS!

Comment

We had so many chances that went off the iron instead. We've got to get those in the net tonight if we want the win as Michigan State will be desperate for the win.
              Michigan lost last night so as long as we win out they can't pass us and Minnesota only got a point which helps but they still need to lose 2 or lose one and tie for less than 3 points.
              Can't wait to be there for tonight's game! GO BUCKS!
              Minnesota only needs to lose 1 game now. If they lose 1 and win the other 2 they end with 43 points. Ohio state wins the last 3 they end with 43 points. Ohio state would own the tie breaker which is big ten wins.

Comment

The other scenario that works is 3 ohio state wins and Minnesota gets 2 points tonight and 4 or less next weekend.

Comment

Yes!

Tremendous come-from-behind win. Hats off to Herb & John for their always enjoyable radio call. Note that Herb was fighting through laryngitis, and therefore was "playing hurt." That perseverance is appreciated. Although I must say that Tanner's goal seemed to have a medicinal effect on Herb's voice.

Looking forward to the eyewitness accounts from those who made the trip to East Lansing.

Comment

I was there and Mr.PGB and an amazing win it was. I was critical of the officiating most of the game and Rhols was livid when Ahac was put hard into the board's directly in front of coach with no call.
                    I thought last night's game we capitalized on MS not passing or controlling the puck well and a strong back checking presence from us.
                    Tonight it was MS capitalizing on our turnovers. I was amazed we got the late PP when we were being mugged most of the game.
                    I am concerned that Weslund went to the locker room with just under 5 to go in the 2nd and never returned.
                    To end on a positive note CJ Regula is cleared to play next weekend and ironically it will be against Wisconsin!

Comment

OK now answer me this, if Ohio State and Minnesota both sweep next weekend and are tied in first place with 43 points each, what's the Big Ten tiebreaker rule that will crown the regular season champs?

Comment

OK now answer me this, if Ohio State and Minnesota both sweep next weekend and are tied in first place with 43 points each, what's the Big Ten tiebreaker rule that will crown the regular season champs?
                        They will be declared co-champions but Ohio state will get the #1 seed because of more conference victories

Comment

• Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                          Yes!

Tremendous come-from-behind win. Hats off to Herb & John for their always enjoyable radio call. Note that Herb was fighting through laryngitis, and therefore was "playing hurt." That perseverance is appreciated. Although I must say that Tanner's goal seemed to have a medicinal effect on Herb's voice.

Looking forward to the eyewitness accounts from those who made the trip to East Lansing.
                          That was pretty amazing to watch that unfold. Michigan state played not to lose the whole 3rd period. As Hockeybuckeye said turnovers were costly in the first period causing the 2nd goal directly. They cleaned up the play after that and owned the last 25 minutes of the game. Win 2 games next week and no worse than a share of the title.

Comment

Ohio State can finish anywhere from 1st-5th. Here is how for each

1st place- Earn 5 or more points and earn the same as minnesota
                            2nd place- 5 points and Minnesota sweeps Michigan
                            3rd place 4 or less and Minnesot earns 5 or more( this creates a tie with Penn State and Ohio State loses the tie breakers with Penn State. If both have 12 league wins Penn State earned more points in head to head league games).
                            4th place- 3 points or less and ND earns 5 or more. OR 2 points or less and Michigan does not sweep Minnesota
                            5th place- 2 points or less and ND earns 5 or more and Michigan sweeps.

Comment

Let us hope we take care of business and the rest will fall into place so we are outright champions.
                              It would be a new first in our program history to have back to back titles!

Comment

They will be declared co-champions but Ohio state will get the #1 seed because of more conference victories
                                That's my understanding as well.

Note that the #1 Seed gets the first round bye. I know that some have legitimate concerns about having the weekend off. But an automatic placement into the 2nd Round would be pretty nice to have.

Ohio State can finish anywhere from 1st-5th. Here is how for each

1st place- Earn 5 or more points and earn the same as minnesota
                                2nd place- 5 points and Minnesota sweeps Michigan
                                3rd place 4 or less and Minnesot earns 5 or more( this creates a tie with Penn State and Ohio State loses the tie breakers with Penn State. If both have 12 league wins Penn State earned more points in head to head league games).
                                4th place- 3 points or less and ND earns 5 or more. OR 2 points or less and Michigan does not sweep Minnesota
                                5th place- 2 points or less and ND earns 5 or more and Michigan sweeps.
                                Thanks for laying out all the scenarios.

The best thing about last night's points is the Buckeyes are back to controlling their own destiny. Win the two games next weekend, earn both a championship and the top seed. All of us would have gladly accepted that scenario at the start of the season.

Besides, Minnesota wants the #2 seed. If you're a Gopher fan, what could be better than ending Wisconsin's season in the playoffs?

Comment

Working...
                                X