Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

Well we're getting closer and I think time to start the new season thread.
    The team had it's first formal meeting including this year's incoming freshmen and there's some good energy.
    And again the reminder of the chance to meet & greet them all this coming Saturday from 3:00-5:00 at the Schott!

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/buckey...-house-aug-24/

Re: 2019-2020 Ohio State Hockey - Shooting for Detroit (no pun intended)

This season's roster is posted minus photos of the freshmen.

Comment

Michael Rounds no longer on the roster. Guess his injury kept him from establishing a real presence on the team and moved on.

Comment

Today was fun, meeting the new guys, hearing how everyone spent the off-season.
        Of course the energy of they're upcoming season was also present. The popular consensus was the description that this season's team is "grittier" than before.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
          Today was fun, meeting the new guys, hearing how everyone spent the off-season.
          Of course the energy of they're upcoming season was also present. The popular consensus was the description that this season's team is "grittier" than before.
          going to have to be grittier than ever with the scoring they lost.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            going to have to be grittier than ever with the scoring they lost.
            For sure, wonder who's going to step up and make the big plays?
            One bit of good news, Killer Miller is resuming running the PP kill. God only knows why he had that taken from him last season and it sure showed!

Comment

For sure, wonder who's going to step up and make the big plays?
              One bit of good news, Killer Miller is resuming running the PP kill. God only knows why he had that taken from him last season and it sure showed!
              Didnt know he wasnt running the PK last year glad to know he is this year.

Comment

Got my tickets for Feb at that State up North!

Comment

Saw the first preseason ranking yesterday from Buccigross. Picked OSU at #14. PSU was #4 and Wisconsin was #9. Top three were Duluth, Denver and Mankato.

Comment

That's BS! The blueblood programs never drop far during a year when they have to reload more players than usual.
                    Penn State finished below us when the season ended and Wisconsin wasn't even ranked!!
                    Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-06-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

That's BS! The blueblood programs never drop far during a year when they have to reload more players than usual.
                      Penn State finished below us when the season ended and Wisconsin wasn't even ranked!!
                      Wisconsin is all on the rep that those 3 freshman draft picks will be better than any in the league. Penn State I can understand them being up there but not that high. They have a ton returning. I dont pay much attention to those ranking anyway. If i had to pick a pre season order in the Big Ten it would look like this: Notre Dame Minnesota Ohio State Penn St Wisconsin Michigan Michigan State. Wisconsin has to prove it to me first. This conference is going to be very good i think. Michigan State could finish last and be very much improved.

Comment

Got my tickets for Feb at that State up North!
                        Got mine as well

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                          Wisconsin is all on the rep that those 3 freshman draft picks will be better than any in the league. Penn State I can understand them being up there but not that high. They have a ton returning. I dont pay much attention to those ranking anyway. If i had to pick a pre season order in the Big Ten it would look like this: Notre Dame Minnesota Ohio State Penn St Wisconsin Michigan Michigan State. Wisconsin has to prove it to me first. This conference is going to be very good i think. Michigan State could finish last and be very much improved.
                          Interesting perspective. I'm waiting for Mr.PGB to come back and hear his 2 cents worth as well. He does seem to put some thought into what he posts.

Comment

Jobst gets the OT winning goal in his first game for the Islanders!
                            Hope all the previous Buckeyes trying for their NHL chances have as good an opening!

https://www.nhl.com/video/jobsts-ove...532/c-68940103
                            Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 09-17-2019, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Jobst gets the OT winning goal in his first game for the Islanders!
                              Hope all the previous Buckeyes trying for their NHL chances have as good an opening!

https://www.nhl.com/video/jobsts-ove...532/c-68940103
                              Max McCormick scored for Carolina and Zac Dalpe scored for the Blue Jackets.

Comment

Working...
                              X