Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watt Will Her Point Total This This Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watt Will Her Point Total This This Season?

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    Milwaukee is actually bigger (unless you include the 'burbs) than the TC
    No.

According to 2018 Census estimates (as quoted on Wikipedia):
    Milwaukee - 594,511 city; 1,572,245 metro
    Minneapolis - 425,403 city
    St Paul - 307,695 city; 3,629,190 metro

(And Milwaukee might be relevant if Watts flew there and then drove to Madison when she visited. But I doubt she did.)

Comment

It will be interesting to see how she does when you play an opponent in the top 10 or with a winning record.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
        It will be interesting to see how she does when you play an opponent in the top 10 or with a winning record.
        Or how quickly she transfers to whichever school beats WI since she's all about being on a winning team...

Comment

I doubt that had more complete demographic data been provided to her prior to her decision, it would have come out differently. I only regret that this move has taken our Badger allies away from our annual mockery of Clarkson's transfer policies.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
            Daryl Watts was interviewed on last night's "Wisconsin Hockey Hour" (by Brian Posick, UW men's hockey radio play-by-play guy, and father of UW Women's forward Maddie Posick).

She touched on the Canadian national team and being 'centralized', but just barely and doesn't give any 'insight' as to the questions posted here; and she talks some about why she transferred and then why Wisconsin (vs Minnesota or Clarkson).

Her segment starts about 28:50 into the program, and talk of transfer happens at about 37:45 and again at about 42 minutes.

https://player.fm/series/wisconsin-b...ctober-22-2019
            Finally took the time to listen to this...

Look, I like poking a little fun at bc but I don't buy for a second that supposedly, the lone ranger and the skating jesus weren't able to mesh with another linemate at bc. That, to me, says more about those two than the other players. There were talented players to work with at bc and at the very least, the two defectors could have teamed up with Hannah Bilka this year at bc. That would have been one heck of a line.
            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 10-24-2019, 01:57 PM.
            At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

You mean like the 7 points over 2 games in Columbus against current #9 (4-2) Ohio State? Yeah, it would be terrible if she kept up that pace against top-10 teams

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
                I doubt that had more complete demographic data been provided to her prior to her decision, it would have come out differently. I only regret that this move has taken our Badger allies away from our annual mockery of Clarkson's transfer policies.
                That won't stop me from mocking Clarkson's poaching. UW only got 1, they've had too many to count. And Clarkson was in on that one too.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by HCSmooth View Post
                  You mean like the 7 points over 2 games in Columbus against current #9 (4-2) Ohio State? Yeah, it would be terrible if she kept up that pace against top-10 teams
                  You mean 4-2-2 OSU which lost both shootouts for the extra point to MSU by the way. They could be out of the top 10 by the end of the week. Don’t get me wrong, she is very good and makes everyone around her better but really anxious to see how she will do against the Gophers when they meet up.

Comment

... really anxious to see how she will do against the Gophers when they meet up.
                    I will predict that if Watts gets 7 points vs UM, then the Gophers won't get any more points from the Badgers than the Buckeyes did.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

r but really anxious to see how she will do against the Gophers when they meet up.
                      This is the matchup the whole universe is waiting to see. I just don't know how I will be able to see it for myself.

Comment

I just want everyone to know that I hate this thread so much
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          You have been doing a good job of controlling yourself. This is your first foray into the negative. Being as objective as I can be, I think how she does is the single most fascinating item to see play out this season other than the ncaa tourney. We never really get a chance to see insight into different leagues through the impact of a player like this.

I do feel genuinely bad for you, if I was in your shoes I'd stop coming to this sight all together it would make me so mad to be reminded of it. BC will get at least 1 chance to exact some revenge in the future, maybe 2 if the stars align.

Comment

I agree the Watts storyline is a good one. I had thought Hockey East might be fascinating if Providence could take a step and BU not regress....but early returns look like NU and BC will lead that conference once again.

Other storylines I’m interested in is if HC can round up some wins (plural), and how well Looney does at Lindenwood. 4 weeks into the seasons the 10 goals that Lindenwood gave up against Wisconsin has not been beaten by anyone else (Penn State and OSU had same result). And I believe no one has limited Daryl Watts like Lindenwood has.

On a more serious note despite being outshot Lindenwood beat Bemidji, and took 3 out of 4 points vs Union last weekend. Schedule gets tougher with a Clarkson series next.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              This is the matchup 17 people are waiting to see.
                              fixt it for you
                              and even then it's mostly you

the rest of us just want to know how the two teams match up
                              this year essentially has the same script as last year, who will win the WCHA, who wins the WCHA tourney, who wins the NCAA
                              IOW, it potentially is a preview of March

there are a few sidebars, how high up in the ranking can BC go
                              can RMU make the final 8 based on RPI instead of just being the CHA champ
                              who will transfer to Clarkson after the season is over
                              can Harvard get out of the toilet

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                You've shown restraint I had no idea you were capable of
                                It's a great day for hockey!

Comment

Working...
                                X