X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Union College: 2019-2020

Early season reactions to Kincaid's starts with the Habs:

https://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...oal-hi-o-bonus
    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Another loss but a step forward. Union came out very poorly, getting outshot 18-6 in the first period and trailing 2-1 after 20. It seemed like maybe another long night was ahead. But Union settled down - they outshot RPI 20-12 the rest of the way, including by a 15-5 mark in the third period. Considering some of Union's third period efforts this season, it was encouraging to see.

Union just couldn't find the equalizer but were the better team in the third period. If they can play like that for a full 60 tomorrow, you have to like their chances to finally get a win.

Should be a good game in Troy tomorrow.
      Last edited by ecachawkeyfan; 10-25-2019, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        I think that we need to think about the possibility of a 5 or 6 win season. Our strong suit this year was supposed defense but we are unable to keep a good offensive team in check. When we are on offense we are unable to get the puck out of the zone. No one's fault. We just don't have the skill, talent and/or experience. By the way, Ken Schott, IMO sucks. Good times or bad, he will find something shi**y to say about the team or the school or the coaches.
        Ken Schott had a podcast before the first RPI game where he ridiculed the team and made fun of them comparing them to the girls team. Even his podcast partner said he himself was not going to get into "insults". The worst part of this year will be putting up with Schott. IMO he is a POS.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Can we go back to D3???? The good ol' days.

Comment

UC's gonna lose games against the good teams, no one will schedule them, PWR disaster.

Comment

Yesterday's game was a perfect example of what a team without confidence looks like. Players unable to pick up passes cleanly. Breakout passes to players who are standing still. More chips and flips than passes. Loosing most of the puck battles. Then, they got a couple of bounces go the right way in the third period and suddenly, the doubt seemed to evaporate. They started to believe. I think there is some talent here, but they are fragile. I expect them to start the next game with a bit more bounce in their step. Let's hope they get a few breaks and then we can watch the confidence build.

Comment

Originally posted by woodenskates View Post
                Yesterday's game was a perfect example of what a team without confidence looks like. Players unable to pick up passes cleanly. Breakout passes to players who are standing still. More chips and flips than passes. Loosing most of the puck battles. Then, they got a couple of bounces go the right way in the third period and suddenly, the doubt seemed to evaporate. They started to believe. I think there is some talent here, but they are fragile. I expect them to start the next game with a bit more bounce in their step. Let's hope they get a few breaks and then we can watch the confidence build.
                Build from here.

Comment

Originally posted by YouSeeAlum View Post
                  The long term contract for Bennett was a mistake, imho. He won because of the program Nate Leaman put together.
                  He won the National Championship. The Division I National Championship. At Union College. Union. College. You will die before that EVER happens again. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brush Jr. View Post
                    He won the National Championship. The Division I National Championship. At Union College. Union. College. You will die before that EVER happens again. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way.
                    Because of the team he was left by Nate Leaman. Try to learn some UC history.

Comment

• Re: Union College: 2019-2020

Try to learn some UC history.

Bennett was promoted to Leaman's associate head coach in 2007, running the defense and the special teams. They are arguably Union's greatest strengths. This past season, the Dutchmen owned the nation's best power play (29.5 percent) and second-best goals against average (2.10).

"He knows the pattern for how to win at Union, because he helped build it," Leaman said.

In the days before Leaman left for Providence, Union's athletic director had asked him who, hypothetically, might be a suitable replacement. Leaman gave only one recommendation -- Bennett.

New coach's long road to Union
                      Bennett brings lessons of pro career to college game
                      By PETE IORIZZO Staff writer Published 12:11 am EDT, Sunday, May 1, 2011
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Another Quote from Leaman

Leaman, the school's all-time leader in wins with a 138-127-35 mark in his eight seasons at Union, was pleased that his former assistant got the nod.
                        "I'm ecstatic that they (Union) made the right decision to hire Rick Bennett as head coach," Leaman said.
                        "He deserves it and is going to do a terrific job. It is the right thing for the program."
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Because of the team he was left by Nate Leaman. Try to learn some UC history.
                          I don't care if he was left the team by Scotty Freaking Bowman.... he led a group by Boston College and Minnesota en route to the National Championship. Your argument drowns in 1.7 inches of water.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brush Jr. View Post
                            I don't care if he was left the team by Scotty Freaking Bowman.... he led a group by Boston College and Minnesota en route to the National Championship. Your argument drowns in 1.7 inches of water.
                            Five years ago. It was Leamans team that won it all. I just think the long term contract was a mistake, don't hate so much, son.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Brush Jr. View Post
                              You are absolutely right and we should all just ignore this guy. Don't feed the troll...Union Saturday night was a different team than they were Friday. They made adjustments that impacted RPI and it earned a young team a road win in league play. That's coaching and that's detail the troll could never unclench long enough to realize. Union will be just fine by the time the 2nd half rolls around, i predict.
                              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

• Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                                You are absolutely right and we should all just ignore this guy. Don't feed the troll...Union Saturday night was a different team than they were Friday. They made adjustments that impacted RPI and it earned a young team a road win in league play. That's coaching and that's detail the troll could never unclench long enough to realize. Union will be just fine by the time the 2nd half rolls around, i predict.
                                Agreed. Hopefully Foo and Adams return from injury for the 2nd half as well.
                                Union College Hockey
                                2014 NCAA National Champions
                                2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X